[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pda _JiX3_JE building a com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ay0.png (115KB, 604x281px) Image search: [Google]
ay0.png
115KB, 604x281px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pda_JiX3_JE

building a computer is the new HAM radio.

why don't you study up, /g/, maybe you'll be smart enough to build a computer one day too?
>>
>>60633128
>maybe you'll be smart enough to build a computer one day too?
You're just a shill, plain and simple, because there is battlestation general.
>>
I have already built one rebuilt it twice changed it's designation from TARDISt40 up to TARDISt70 and figured out how to hackintosh it what else is there to even do?
>>
i've never bought a prebuilt desktop
>>
>>60633128
>building a computer is the new HAM radio.
Assuming you build it from scratch. If you just assemble a bunch of pre-made modules you are the modern equivalent of the detested kit-set builder in the ham radio days.
Those things always had vague intermittent bugs. Usually the fault of the assembler, but poor design and cheap parts didn't help.
>>
>>60634653
there isn't really anything you can do if you want a modern computer but to piece together premade parts

if you want to make a >30 year old tier 8bit machine out of hand-soldered TTL logic chips, you can still do so, but that's a whole other category of computers at this point
>>
>>60634753
Quite so. Now let's acknowledge that by calling the process "assembling" rather than "building".
There's more than enough ambiguity in the world at the moment without idiots trying to big-up their self-image by claiming skills they don't possess.
>>
how do you get any kind of satisfaction like that from something so simple that most parts are marketed like they're for 16 year olds?

i got that feeling when i first started on a home server. not when i followed directions in a MB manual to install ram.
>>
This guy is humble about the whole thing, and admits it is basically an advanced lego set. I don't know, just seems like a father connecting with his son.

Even if the computer they built is retarded
>>
>>60634959
"build" is a very general word, and i'm not convinced it's the wrong to use it in this case

and really, making a computer with TTL logic chips and various passive components is still assembly, the chips and passives were themselves not made by you either

i think the key difference is /design/. one can fairly easily design themselves a unique 8bit computer, but assembling a modern computer doesn't involve design, the way it ends up working is pre-determined, and doesn't require any knowledge about how any of it works
>>
>Eventually, Crews visited the Geek Squad for some final details, but was live on Facebook the first time he turned the system on successfully.
lol
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.