[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

had a dream about it being essentially the end of the world and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (58KB, 1228x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
58KB, 1228x768px
had a dream about it being essentially the end of the world and had to pack tech to last for a few years in a bunker

got me thinking, what would you guys pack with you if you had to stock up for a hurricane or for living in a bunker for a few years?
>>
-Laptop
-Hdds for backup
-Accessories (cables, mouse, adapters ecc..)
-smartphone
-buy a momentum - mini generator and/with a battery, for powering them
>>
File: 1458747583236.jpg (20KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1458747583236.jpg
20KB, 720x404px
>>60632235
You say it was all a dream, but i do not remember going to sleep yet.
>>
>a decent radio
>laptop with HDDs full of important survival guides/books/tips
>some kind of generator
>microwave, I dunno if it counts as technology

I'd also bring my cellphone but I assume it would be mostly useless. I also doubt i'd move to a bunker, I'd just go to my family's farm in the middle of no where on the prairies in Canada. I dont think there's even risk from potential nuclear fallout, its like 1000km from any major city, has tons of guns and ammo and I'm pretty sure you could live off the land indefinitely there. Plus its miles from any other people, you wouldnt see too many visitors and you can see people driving down the one road from like 40km away (its on a very large hill/side of a valley)
>>
>>60632235
ur mom
>>
>>60632492
sounds like an awesome place, do you have any pictures?
>>
>>60632235
>what would you guys pack with you if you had to stock up for a hurricane or for living in a bunker for a few years

single young female
>>
>>60632492
If someone starts dropping nuclear bombs trying to drive somewhere is probably the stupidest thing you can do.

Tape all your fucking windows and doors shut, hang a pvc pipe in a cracked window pointing down.

You have to wait for all the nuclear fallout to settle before you try and go anywhere to minimize exposure to radiation.

If you have to go somewhere wrap yourself head to toe in garbage bags and throw them away before you go back indoors. Breathe through some wet cloth or use a filtered mask.
>>
>>60632592
I dont unfortunately that dont have members of my family in them. It looks a lot like pic related, but with no houses in view really (maybe a couple like 30 or 40km away, but they're really far). Looking down into the valley, or seeing storms roll across the horizon seemingly at eye level is pretty life changing
>>
>>60632672
my city is hardly what you'd call major. It would be large cities like toronto, vancouver or my nations capital, or cities like new york, london, chicago, etc that would be hit first. I just cant see someone bombing winnipeg right off the hop.

Once the news of impending Armageddon broke I'd be gone. You wouldn't need to be that far out of the city to avoid the initial blast radius, and the nuclear fallout you'd be subjected to would be fairly minimal as long as you kept driving, weren't walking and didn't camp out somewhere close by
>>
>>60632752
Yeah but if the fallout came while you were driving on the highway you would literally be fucked unless you were driving a tesla or something with a filtering system that had positive pressure.
>>
>>60632780
how would the fallout hit me on the highway? The only way I can see it is if its global and that can take weeks
>>
Digital media wise, a shitload of ebooks.
>>
File: 175748_map1.gif (21KB, 555x350px) Image search: [Google]
175748_map1.gif
21KB, 555x350px
>>60632752
Wind is the most dangerous thing in case of nuclear fallout. See how Scandinavia got loads of radiation on picrelated.
>>
>>60632890
I don't think you understand how fallout works.
Imagine a cloud that shoots straight up for miles and then spreads in a vector pushed by the wind.

The clouds from a nuclear attack on the US would very likely hit the east and west coast and cover the entire central US with fallout in a matter of hours. The shit would literally circumnavigate the entire globe in 2 weeks.

It isn't a matter of being able to avoid the fallout, you won't be able to period if you are on the highway.
>>
>>60633041
I'd only really need 5 or 6 hours, its not like I'll be driving the speed limit to get there.
I dont think you understand how quickly radiation levels go down either, its like 1/10 after 7 hours, 1/100 after 2 days, 1/1000 after a week and like 1/10000 after a month. as long as you avoid the main blastwave you're pretty much home free, in the short term, you may get cancer 20 or 30 years later but at that point I'd probably be more than happy to make it that long. I think a house alone would block out the vast majority of gamma radiation from fallout, especially where I am. I haven't really considered what I'd do for drinking water during that time, but I'd probably just stockpile a bunch right away, then hope I dont get radiation sickness, or at least not too bad when I eventually do have to collect water from natural sources. also depend on what kind of bombs/detonation they use, and no, it won't be good for you,

Maybe a geiger counter is something I'd also bring, but I guess op never did specify a nuclear scenario specifically, but I think thats the only thing really capable of "ending the world".
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.