[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Server_code.png (22KB, 816x518px) Image search: [Google]
Server_code.png
22KB, 816x518px
I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. I'm trying a configure a basic TCP server/client connection. It's literally an example I read out of a book. I can get the Server code up and running on my main machine but when I go about connecting the client from my laptop to the server it says that the server is taking too long to respond. Will post pics. I need some help configuring it to work. I'm just trying to sharpen my skills a bit and it's irritating that this example isn't working.
>>
File: Untitled.png (32KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32KB, 1366x768px
This is the code running on my laptop I can't figure out why it won't connect to the server.
>>
This is the error I get when I run the Client.
>>
File: error.png (45KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
error.png
45KB, 1366x768px
>>60618080
>>
File: 1486956722610.jpg (77KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1486956722610.jpg
77KB, 2560x1600px
>>60618093
BUMP
anybody?
>>
Try like address 0.0.0.0? Or use another tutorial
>>
>>60618047
>198
>>
>>60618425
Fixed that since posting the picture. Now I'm stuck with "refusing to connect error."
>>
>>60618482
Is the firewall enabled, and blocking that port, on your server side machine?
>>
>>60618539
I've tried it without the firewall enabled. I even checked to be sure the port was listening with "netstat" all was well it just refuses to connect.
>>
>>60618679
What, if any, output appears on the server side?
Consider removing some pieces. Run both scripts on one machine, talking to first the loopback address, then to that machine's external IP.
>>
For one thing, you're using Windows for this.

For another thing, if you bind to a specific IP address instead of just the port, you can only accept connections from that IP address (i.e. the server)
This can be useful if you only intend to have another process on the machine connect (e.g. nginx) but you're trying to connect from a different computer.
>>
You should be using asyncio or are you going to handle each connection manually?

And the answer is that you're not sending anything in your while True loop. Just sending "Death to niggers" routinely will avoid that error
>>
>>60617994
Pythong uses C libraries to make things works.
Why are using a wrapper language to begin with?
>Anthing above immediate language to assembly is shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.