[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>YouTube supports 4K >Even experiments with 8K on some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Kornheiser_Why[1].jpg (73KB, 600x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why[1].jpg
73KB, 600x1040px
>YouTube supports 4K
>Even experiments with 8K on some videos
>Still compresses the shit out of everything until it looks worse than decent quality 720p
Is there an explanation?
>>
Jews.
>>
>>60614954
Oh. I tought I was the autist for liking decent quality & bitrate 720p60 better than the "MUH 24400K" meme.

Normies be like:
>WOAH LARGER NATIVE RESOLUTION MAST BE BETTER IN TERMS OF QUALITY!!!
>X:-DDD
That actually could be a correct argument if it was uncompressed video, or at least its bitrate was adjusted to the count of the pixels, not the averageVillageADSL (tm) (r) 10Mbit b0llsheet.
>>
>>60615117
I fucking knew it
>>
Because bandwith is expensive, most people have slow internet and normies don't understand bitrate so back when youtube put in 720p back in 2008 or whatever people had like 10mpbs and they had to design their "720p" around that.
>>
>>60615256
That doesn't explain anything relevant to the OP
>>
>>60614954
Marketing?
No, seriously, I see no need to go higher than 1080p, and even 720p is comfortable enough for everyday use.
>>
Youtube videos will never look this good
>>
I think it's scummy how it's not true 1080 until you manually select it
>>
Just use vimeo for best quality

Jewtube is for phonewhores and children
>>
>>60615522
the only situation when 4k is not a meme is for productivity.
>>
>>60615999
>productivity
"productivity"
What exactly are you producing more efficiently in 4k? Certainly nothing text based.
>>
>>60616396
Not him, but highly detailed schematics (like semiconductors or some shit) are a lot more readable on high resolutions.
>>
>>60615857
>that much grain
Looks like shit
>>
File: cunt.png (62KB, 1262x815px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.png
62KB, 1262x815px
>>60615139
>or at least its bitrate was adjusted to the count of the pixels

they do goofy
>>
Based AV1 will make youtube quality tolerable at last. Of course Jewgle will use the transition to AV1 as an excuse to drop bitrate and lower bandwidth costs, but I imagine they won't be dumb enough to drop the bitrate so much that all the quality improvements gained from H.264 and VPX to AV1 are cancelled out entirely.
>>
File: best_buds.jpg (180KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
best_buds.jpg
180KB, 1024x759px
>>60614954
>implying the human eye can tell the difference between 720p and 4k

anon... I
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.