[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I need help. I'm a first semester Computer Science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Android_robot.svg.png (42KB, 872x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Android_robot.svg.png
42KB, 872x1024px
Hey /g/, I need help. I'm a first semester Computer Science student, and I'm at a hackathon with 3 other first semester CS students.

We need to develop something in about 20 hours that's related to "Collaboration and Communication".

We only know how to use AppInventor and basic Python.

Realistically speaking, is there anything we can do that won't make us look like morons when we go to present? Any ideas of what we can do?
>>
File: IYoxUme[1].jpg (38KB, 559x259px) Image search: [Google]
IYoxUme[1].jpg
38KB, 559x259px
>>60613889

I hope you don't come up with anything, and you look like complete morons when you go to present.
>>
>>60613960
C'mon man, is there anything we can do? I'm about to literally walk out of this event.

I feel bad for taking up space, eating their food and shit and I can't even make a basic fucking application.

All I know how to do is use IDLE in Python and drag around a bunch of blocks on AppInventor.
>>
>>60614034

Walk out, then.

You have a team of three people. You can't come up with anything that is about "Collaboration and communication"?

Zero?

Geez, the quality of CS students is dropping fast.

The problem isn't the tools you know, but the lack of teamwork and creative brainstorming. Use the time, and brainstorm. Walk by the other tables/locations and steal ideas.
>>
File: bnww4kfc5yzy.jpg (60KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
bnww4kfc5yzy.jpg
60KB, 600x800px
Make something that displays images of negroes being fashionable or empowers wimmen with likes
>>
>>60614293
Really? It's the opposite. We have some ideas. We just have no idea how to execute them.

We thought of doing something like Black Mirror, but for schools. Students rate each other and gain benefits from them (granted by professors, coordinators, etc.).

But it would come out really shitty. All we can do is drag around blocks on AI and make a shitty WEb data base, etc.

I'm asking, how do we not look bad?
>>
>>60614405
Write a bunch of nonsense code, then when it looks totally fucked up, blame it on a computer glitch scrambling your amazing work
>>
>>60614405
Make CLI example and some cool mockups.
>>
>>60614405
why the fk would you go to a hackathon as a first semester cs student? Atleast wait a year so you know how to do some shit. If you know python then make a multiplayer python game? Use pyGame library its easy to pick up. Or something even easier, make a game where you need to 2 ppl to controll to play. So 2 players on 1 keyboard, Easy
>>
>>60614405
>>60614496
look up "Bubble Trouble 2" theres a 2 player option, make a clone where its only 2 players available
>>
>>60614534
Not OP, but BT (didn't know about sequels) was the first thing that came in my mind when you said 2p on same keyboard. Alongside the NCIS scene of course.
>>
>>60614509
My friend dragged me here. He knows some other stuff, he made games on Unity and JavaScript (he's a transfer student). So I assumed it would be fine.

I just never knew it would be this serious. We had to pitch the idea to a guy who runs this thing, and he suggested we make a FB app, and none of us know how to do that. At least we didn't say we were using APP inventor.

They're looking for finished products that are viable on the market.

I just feel bad that I'm consuming the free food and shit, and I'm producing nothing.

Although, I was able to get Android Studio and we're working with that.
>>
>>60614755
dont feel bad, who gives a fuck. Your probably never gonna see that dude again. Just try to your best, if by before the end of the time you dont feel confident about your product, just walk out. Have some fun man, its not that serious, its not a job or schoolwork, but rather your free time.

>>60614534
I used to play that game with my brother growing up. We would sit in one chair and divide the keyboard up lol. Fun times
>>
>>60614755
Maybe make an app that wrap various sites such as Facebook,+Messenger Twitter, and Skype? Kinda good for lightweight devices or freetards such as me that don't want shit on their phone to send a message to some normies.

>>60614835
Irrelevant to OP but this seems more interesting. I checked it up and seems someone made a Javascript clone. [ https://github.com/NelsonScott/BubbleTrouble ] Clone it and run it locally as site isn't working.
>>
>>60615001
thats nice, but Bubble Trouble is up on miniclip. Just search bubble trouble miniclip and youl find it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.