[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Musk fork his own version of Android instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1495910719155.jpg (300KB, 2113x1552px) Image search: [Google]
1495910719155.jpg
300KB, 2113x1552px
Why didn't Musk fork his own version of Android instead of relying on Apple?
>>
shut the fuck up faggot fuck OP
>>
Tesla is all about image over intelligence, if it doesn't make sense to you why musk might use something that Reddit likes for a brand named after a Reddit celeb meme scientist, then I think you might be in the wrong place.
>>
>>60613934
>Muh northstar v8
>>
>>60613101
Because he didn't want to run a Linux derived system?
>>
The cars are linux based
>>
Just install Gentoo on your Tesla
You won't be the first one
>>
>>60613101
Musk is the guy that insisted on Microsoft servers.
>>
>>60613101

bcs it just werks
>>
File: 1489387983185.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489387983185.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
>>60618397
I would simply like to correct you for one short while. What you're saying is Linux, is in actuality, GNU/Linux, or as I've lately taken to calling it, GNU and Linux. Linux isn't an operating setup by itself, but rather another free component of a completely working GNU setup fashioned into something proper by the GNU libraries, shell tools and necessary setup components fulfilling a full OS.

Quite a few computer users use a subspecies of the true setup every single day, but do not know. Through a strange turn of events, the edition of GNU applied now is often called "Linux", and its users have no knowledge that it is in actuality the GNU setup, produced by GNU developers.

There is in fact a Linux, and this population are using it, but it is simply a part of the setup they use. Linux is a core: the part of the setup that hands out the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The core is an essential part of an operating setup, but useless by itself; it is only operational in the shadow of a fully developed operating setup. Linux is often applied in combination with the GNU operating setup: the whole setup is in actuality GNU with the addition of Linux, or GNU/Linux. Every single-called "Linux" distros are really distros of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>60613101
>Model 3
>Model S icon on screen
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>60621845
That's wrong though. It's just needing the kernel
>>
>>60613101
>Android
Just wait for shitty rip off from Hyundai/Kia
>>
>>60618397
uh what
teslas run on linux
>>
File: IMG_20170527_150954.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170527_150954.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
>>60613101
oc, saw a model 3 on the freeway in palo alto today
>>
>>60613101
Because Google wanted too much data, since they're planning on making their own car company.
>>
>>60622189
That the car is beta as fuck.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.