[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will technology ever become so advanced that it is trivial for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: science.png (897KB, 841x1007px) Image search: [Google]
science.png
897KB, 841x1007px
Will technology ever become so advanced that it is trivial for anyone to do massive amounts of damage, possibly even causing extinction? If so, how can humanity defend itself from this fate?

An example would be molecule synthesizing machines, which people could use to easily manufacture extremely potent poison and then distribute it in the water supply. Or bioengineering a deadly pathogen and releasing it. Or engineering a self-replicating nanomachine that consumes everything in its path?
>>
>>60607300
Give it a week or two.
>>
>>60607300
You know there is this thing called nuclear bombs, right OP?
>>
U went full retard
>>
>>60607335
I said something that is trivial to make.
>>
Good question that I don't have the answer to. Ignore the faggots
>>
>>60607464
watch critical assembly
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372834/
>>
>>60607300
Proprietary software and hardware drm, like how they prevent printers from printing money.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but that's the only protection, until someone reverse engineers it.
>>
>>60607756
Consider the dollar bill. Plenty of green. Color printers has ink in the colors of blue, red, yellow, your mom's cunt and dog shit. But not green.
>>
>>60607464
everyone whos 16 and actually went to school can make a nuclear bomb given the materials
>>
>>60609749
i really wonder how /g/ got to be so retarded
>>
>>60607732
Movies are not reality.

>>60609749
The materials are the hard part. It's not exactly easy or cheap to produce enriched uranium or plutonium. If you actually had those materials, you MIGHT be able to guess how to make a bomb with a few youtube videos that go into detail about how they work...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVhQOhxb1Mc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnW7DxsJth0

Of course, even assuming you managed to hide your construction and materials purchases from the feds, there'd still be a matter of testing. Chances are, you'd fuck up many builds, because the available public information just can't tell the whole story. But you can't test to see if those things work, because even if you found a place where no one is living to blow this thing up on, you would likely catch the eye of a few government agencies. Do you know how we can tell when North Korea does its nuclear testing, even though it's underground? Fucking USGS.
>>
Just wait for the inevitable nuclear war, it's right around the corner anyway
>>
>>60607300
No worries, we'll have long extinguished ourselves as we toxify our environment fucking our food supply for the sake of greed and not restricting our populations.
>>
File: kermit.jpg (16KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
16KB, 221x246px
what good is killing everyone if no one knows you did it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.