[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here uses Skydrive? I saw that Office 365 for home is like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Who here uses Skydrive?

I saw that Office 365 for home is like 100$ per year and you get 5tb of online storage (across 5 accounts)

Blabla cloud meme privacy botnet MS browsing my files

But does anyone actually use it? Can I store 5tb of warez shit on there without getting banned?
>>
Wtf is skydive? You mean onedrive?
>>
>>60593218
skydrive was btfo by some copyright bs
>>
>>60593218
Microsoft will probably end up decreasing your storage in a couple of years, like they did before.
>>
>>60593218

Here's what you should do, OP.

1) Rather than pay $100/year for Office 365 Home, look for discounts. Black Friday is an awesome time to do this, as either Wal-Mart or Best Buy typically offers $60 O365 Home cards every single year. Incidentally, $60 is a common "rock-bottom" price, it's about the least you can expect to pay for O365 Home.

1a) Alternatively, if you have some associates who are similarly interested in fuckloads of cloud storage, consider G Suite. It's $10/user/month, and business accounts with four or more users get unlimited Google Drive storage per user. That's $40 per month, but if you could actually split it four ways, it's a huge win. Note that you need your own domain to apply for this, but also note that you get your own business-class Gmail accounts @ your domain, which is awesome.

2) Once you have your cut-rate cloud storage, whichever way you opt to do it, take some of the money you saved and get a yearly subscription to Boxcryptor. It encrypts all your cloud-synced files automatically and user-transparently before it uploads them to cloud storage. If I recall correctly, the free tier supports one account only (which would be adequate for the G Suite approach), whereas the paid tier supports multiple cloud accounts (which you'd need for the OneDrive approach). Even so, I think I paid $40 for a year of Boxcryptor Pro, which, combined with the $60 I paid for O365 Home, comes to ~$100, which is the standard shelf price of O365 Home by itself. Same price, *considerably* better security.
>>
>>60593527

For what it's worth, no. Microsoft reneged on unlimited OneDrive storage because they didn't like that some fags were storing like 70TB or whatever on it. It's arguable that this was a retarded hill for them to die on, because it resulted in a lot of bad press and a general loss of faith, as evidenced by your post,

The model they moved to is identical in pricing to that of Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, and many others. 1TB, $9.99/month. That's not going anywhere. If anything, it'll scale up over time as storage needs and network speeds do the same, and storage costs decrease.

I'm super excited for the inevitable bump in cloud storage availability per dollar. I know it's coming, I just don't know when or to what extent. And, when it does come, every provider is immediately going to match it, just like they did when Google Drive moved to the current model. Within about two months, everybody's prices dropped to exactly match Google's.

One of these days, Google is going to come out and say, "Yeah, the current 1TB tier is being upgraded to 2/5/10/unlimited TB."

And it's going to be *awesome*.
>>
File: 1399146805305.jpg (139KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1399146805305.jpg
139KB, 640x480px
>>60593669
>The model they moved to is identical in pricing to that of Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, and many others. 1TB, $9.99/month

The thing is that it's actually $9.99/month for 5tb at onedrive. Which is a lot more competitive than any of the other services

So it seems too good to be true, therefore it likely is, right? Do they delete my files when they deem it "illegal", even if I don't share anything and it's just my own private film collection?
>>
>>60593708

Well, they offer 5TB across five accounts, which is meant for five users. You can (and I did/do) make sockpuppet accounts for the extra storage, but that's not really the intended usage. Honestly, most people probably don't even go to the effort. Most people probably buy it just for themselves, or for two users, or three, and don't even use the full extent of what's available to them.

It's not too good to be true, assuming you're willing to deal with the hassle of having your shit spread across multiple accounts (which IS a hassle in real-world conditions, let me assure you). They'll most likely not delete your shit, because doing so creates an intractable legal thicket that they probably don't want to get into over some individual user's private collection. They don't know it's not a legal backup, and they (probably) don't even know that the filename is consistent with the content of the file without expending an inordinate amount of computing resources (especially inordinate when you consider that they're already leaving so much money on the table offering storage at these rates in the first place).

tl;dr You're probably fine, but if you're nervous about it, just do what I did and pay extra to encrypt it all via a third-party software before you even upload it.
>>
>I saw that Office 365 for home is like 100$ per year and you get 5tb of online storage
If you are such a massive cuck that you need these then get it.
>>
>>60593761
>do what I did and pay extra to encrypt it all via a third-party software before you even upload it.

Well I kind of like the fact you can stream from your own onedrive. I haven't really seen that in other services. Thanks for your opinion

>>60593527
the unlimited thing they did was retarded. I can totally understand why they reverted it. But I don't see it happening that their 1tb plan is getting reduced desu. It's at the same level as the competition. What I can see happening is that they reduce the free plan to 5gb or something stupid like that, because everyone now needs an MS account to access their windows computer so there's a lot more accounts being made and used
>>
>>60593218
Use mega.nz for storing warez. OneDrive, formerly "SkyDrive", does not allow warez.
>>
>>60593776

>hurr hurr cuck

Neck yourself, faggot.

This is Office, for five users, on five devices *each*, plus a terabyte of cloud storage for each of those users, for an annual cost of less than the price of one permanent one-user, one-computer license with no storage. It's legitimately a good value.
>>
>>60593218
I actually though it was free, because i never paid anything
>>
>>60593808
> Office 365
Enjoy your software as a service bullshit circus.

Note that it always costs more, it's literally just there to gain leverage to force you to constantly update when you would not have done so. Regardless if it's Microsoftshit or Adobeshit or someone else's desktop software-turned SaaS shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.