[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Times you were a fucking moron >be me >want to downgrade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: grf.gif (4MB, 426x214px) Image search: [Google]
grf.gif
4MB, 426x214px
ITT: Times you were a fucking moron

>be me
>want to downgrade to windows 7 because fuck win10
>download and mount the isos and shit
>boot up win7
>no drivers are installed
>usb flash drives won't install, internet borked, only thing that works is m+k
>shitshitshit
>download drivers on laptop
>get ssd out of laptop and connect it to the comp as a secondary hard drive
>install drivers
>usb one doesn't work
>have the brilliant idea of just booting from my ssd
>mfw laptop runs windows 10
>mfw just back to where i started
>>
This is a cleverly disguised support begging thread.
>>
>>60592700
Nah I ended up fixing it, drivers were fucked
>>
>tried to sudo rm -rf ./*
>ended up sudo rm -rf /*
>>
File: 1486569672848.jpg (67KB, 598x554px) Image search: [Google]
1486569672848.jpg
67KB, 598x554px
>>60593252
>>
>>60593266
stop spamming this image newfag
>>
>>60592678
GTFO shill we don't want Winlolz 10
>>
I ran
dd if=file.iso of=/dev/sda
instead of
of=/dev/sdd
>>
>>60593252
Damn, almost happened with me once, but with chmod. Now I just use a dot.
>>
>>60593349
i did that once, but i also forgot sudo
thank fucking god for sudo
>>
File: 1446063957769.gif (13KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1446063957769.gif
13KB, 250x194px
First time installing GNU/Linux, debian.

Installed with ethernet, wlan chip didn't work.
Looked for hours for solutions, finally stumbled upon the debian wiki page describing that non-free drivers cannot be shipped with debian and you have to install them manually.
Followed the instructions, still wlan chip didn't work, it wasn't even fucking detected.

After a solid hour of reinstalling the system (I was used to "windows way" of troubleshooting), reinstalling the drivers and googling I noticed that I physically switched the card off and didn't even bother to check it. Flipping the switch magically fixed everything.
Felt like a proper retard for the rest of the day.

The same week (I was still clueless about non-Windows OSes but was eager to learn), I rm'd /bin or /usr/bin I can't recall.

Don't regret it though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.