[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is worth $750? >HP envy 15t >i7 7560U with iris plus graphics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: c05116045.png (156KB, 573x430px) Image search: [Google]
c05116045.png
156KB, 573x430px
is worth $750?

>HP envy 15t
>i7 7560U with iris plus graphics
>15" 4k matte display (non touch)
>8 GB (2 dimm)
>256 GB ssd (+ extra 2.5" bay)

thinking about jumping on memorial day sale. also some nice deals on thinkpads.

what do?
>>
Handle it. Feels like complete shit, and you'll see the laptop bend and creak as you type on it. It'll wobble sitting flat on a desk and you can press it down on the corners so it's flat again.
>>
thats a pretty competitive price, just know HP laptops have dogshit build qualty as >>60588416
said.
I have one and the screen was hotglued to the chassis and now it's falling off
>>
>>60588416
>handle it
meaning you've handled it?

2017 version? is it that bad? don't see many complaints about build quality on the 2016 model. can't find much on the 2017 model.
>>
>>60588354
has a aluminum frame, keys are shit though, mousepad is alright, toppled with stickers and shit, I'd go with a chinkpad
>>
>>60588683
>>60588416
how is screen? is it as good as xps?
>>
I was in the complaints department for HP for 5 years
DON'T but HP, absolutely horrible build quality and dealing with repairs is a hassle
>>
>>60588354
>HP
Stopped reading right there
>>
>>60589163
>>60589188
I know it's the only reason I haven't bought it already. The pavilions we're the shittiest quality you could possibly find. And deceptive too because they were aluminum and look nice.

But I've heard good thing about the Spectre line and elite books are god tier. No idea about the envy line though
>>
solid specs for the price
>>
>>60588354
yes it is worth it, those are great specs
>>
>>60590510
i'm between this and springing for the chinkpad t470s (around $1200 configured)
>>
>>60590395
>solid specs
you can get much more for that price, depending on where you look. I recently got a Lenovo Legion Y520for that price
>NVIDIA
>Intel Core i7-7700HQ
>1TB
>250GB SSD
>NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 Ti
>nice IPS display
it's advertised as a gayming laptop but it doesn't look ridiculous
>>60590547
if you're in the US, go to https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/perksoffer/StdAffinityPortal/en_US/Lenovo:EnterStdAffinity?affinity=perksoffer and enter NJ*PERKSEPP.
>>
>>60590627
fucked up that first reply, forgot to add:
>8GB RAM
>15.6"
>>
>>60588447
>implying a laptop made by HP might have good build quality
>>
>>60590627
is it loud? I have this conception of all gaming laptops being loud as fuck
>>
File: 0.jpg (6KB, 179x180px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
6KB, 179x180px
>>60588354
>HP
>>
>>60590627
thanks for that code... where did you get that?
>>
>>60590627
wtf i thought the perks offer was only for ThinkPad

why isn't this link for Dell and HP in /tpg/
>>
>>60590745
I thought HP was good now since the guy who created the company came back?
>>
>>60591231
Nothing is good on /g/
>>
>>60588447
>meaning you've handled it
You don't have to taste shit everytime to know it's bad
Consumer laptops are terrible in build quality
Business laptops are pretty great in built quality, yet are more expensive for weaker components
Gayming laptops seem to be built pretty good too, but are also extremely expensive
For less than 750$ you could find a T550/T560 thinkpad or Dell Latitude/Precision whatever equivalent, that would have very similar specs, the CPU would be older, but not like a nerd like you would notice the difference
>4k display on 15" and iGPU
lel
>>
>>60592071
>One who doesn't notice a difference in generational performance is a nerd
What are you even saying

>Implying discrete graphics is useful for anything but gayming
What are you even saying

>lel not kek
What are you even saying

It sounded like you knew what you were talking about until the end there
>>
Has anyone tried buying discounted lenovo through friend living in america and shiping it to yurop?
>>
>>60592881
>Being friends with burgers
>>
HP laptops are built in China (only time I actually dared to buy one, it actually shipped directly from China) using the cheapest materials available. If you want something that will last more than 2 years, don't do it.
>>
>>60592898
My friend has a friend. Don't laugh at me
>>
File: IMG_3496.jpg (87KB, 1001x785px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3496.jpg
87KB, 1001x785px
>memorial day sale
what the fuck?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.