[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Machine Learning and neural networks solve the machine translation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1403640868183.jpg (8KB, 229x173px) Image search: [Google]
1403640868183.jpg
8KB, 229x173px
Will Machine Learning and neural networks solve the machine translation problem in the near future?
>>
>>60585961
It already happened. https://www.newscientist.com/article/2114748-google-translate-ai-invents-its-own-language-to-translate-with/
>>
>>60585961
Check out Word Lens for your smartphone (iOS for me). Blew me away. Uses your camera for live video and translates on the screen in real time.
>>
>>60586087
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2OfQdYrHRs
>>
>>60586008
Why is google so obsessed with that sort of thing? What are (((They))) planning?
>>
>>60585961
Academic science text yes.
Average language full of references,culture,human relations,idiographic symbols in long long long time.
>>
>>60586123
https://futurism.com/googles-new-ai-is-better-at-creating-ai-than-the-companys-engineers/

Skynet or the singularity, whichever happens first.
>>
>>60586087
Word Lens was bought by Google and is no longer available.
Look it up on Wikipedia.
>>
>>60586008
As long as this is the current method to get google translation results, I am neither impressed nor concerned.
It has the same problem machine translation has had since I started studying CL, accuracy among language pairs with similar concepts of speech and a huge corpus, blatantly ridiculous results among all of the rest. A self inventing interlingua is surely interesting, though.

But they're better than bing, so much is safe.

>>60586123
To get money. It's the simple aim to stay ahead of the competition in order to not lose your customers, because customers staying to produce data is the new method to genereate income by handling this data. If you have a service that works, people will use it and produce data. This data can be used to either monetize it directly or to make your product better at making people produce data.

>>60586174
>googles-new-ai-is-better-at-creating-ai-than-the-companys-engineers
>an optimizer built to build and optimize optimizers is better at building and optimization of optimizers than a human competitor
No shit, it's like saying a hammer can bang in a nail better than the guy that built the hammer.
>>
>>60586695
They just added Japanese support in January. It's part of google something now.
>>
>>60586695
Yeah, word lens is now built into the google translator app.

It's still quite handy. Used it in Japan a lot, the translations still are terribad but you can get a hint on unknown words.
>>
>>60586123
{{{digital tower of babel}}}
>>
>>60585961
3 decades minimum. Statistical inference isn't the best thing to use for translation, but the industry as well as research) is stuck
>>
>>60585961
I want the kind of translator they have in mass effect.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.