[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I learn python in 3 days? Got a job in data analytics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1479450355477.png (233KB, 750x3398px) Image search: [Google]
1479450355477.png
233KB, 750x3398px
Can I learn python in 3 days?

Got a job in data analytics. Told them python was second nature.

Have no programming experience at all, but /g/ told me it was baby's first programming so i went for the position.

How fucked am i?
>>
you got hired without them asking you any technical questions or anything? just like that?
>>
You can't become a competent software developer in 3 days, It took me nearly 6 months of daily practice and fiddling around before I could write real software.

You'd better find some nerd to do your work for you or else you're fucked~
>>
File: ?????-??-???.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
?????-??-???.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>60581450
when they fire you, you will be blacklisted so you won't have to worry about ever again.
>>
>>60581450
can you program in C# or C++?

I mean, it's possible to have a workable knowledge in Python in a few days if you really apply yourself and have prior competency with another language.
>>
>>60581450
Depending on what other languages you know, yes. Python is pretty easy, but if it's your first language, 3 days is out of question.
>>
>making up stories
>>
>>60581493
(not true, by the way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKTZoB2Vjuk&list=PLC8825D0450647509

you should be able to get through this series in 3 days. Python is easy as fuck and any competent person can learn the basics in a day even.
>>
>>60581450
3 days of studying hard should put you well above the pajeets in your dept

youll be fine
>>
>>60581450
You will be fine. Whole point of python is you do not need to know anything to get started, it's like visual basic with training wheels.
>>
Just tell them you realized you thought "second nature" meant that something was very new, bizarre, and interesting to you as if there was a whole other nature that you discovered where cows and trees and bats and shit didn't exist and everything looked like Dr. Seuss stuff
>>
>>60581501
>>60581502

From OP:
>Have no programming experience at all
>>
>>60581515
no it is not like visual basic at all; you have no idea what you are talking about and I do not believe you have experience in either language.
>>
>>60581450
>No programming experience at all
That's not what we meant when we said Python was easy,
I don't know if you or your employer are the bigger retards.
>>
>>60581525
Oh. Well, he(you?) will remain a newbie after 3 days. You'd know basics of how to write code in python, but being a programmer is much more.
>>
if u ever wrote shell and ur iq > 100 u can learn in a few hours
>>
File: IMG_3638.jpg (79KB, 615x752px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3638.jpg
79KB, 615x752px
>>60581519

topkek
>>
>>60581450
Also you will spent the first few weeks just chilling out and mingling so you have all the time in the world, stressing over it and spending three days cramming in exam-mode is the worse thing you could do.
>>
>>60581450
Luckily for you you were already hired, so firing you will take a bit of effort and time compared to just not hiring you. Start learning now. Learn about programming using python, not just python. Learn about algorithms and data structures, as that will be important to any programming related position.

Don't listen to idiots like >>60581590
Otherwise when they ask you to use python to do something trivial in your first week to get you used to the position you will take 3 weeks instead of an hour to do it.

Overall I think you can get somewhere in 3 days, but you'll have to continue trying to learn while working at the same time, so the more you do now the better.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.