[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just dropped out of college (systems engineering), what are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 149505633516.jpg (25KB, 320x305px) Image search: [Google]
149505633516.jpg
25KB, 320x305px
I just dropped out of college (systems engineering), what are the subjects i should focus on my myself if I wanna be a sysadmin?
>>
>>60580280
>Just dropped out of college
Kill yourself now OP, you just proved that you will never work hard enough to amount to anything useful
So, be dead or get a shitty job at McDonald, your choice.
>>
>>60580592
is this how butthurt people with student debt cope with having a piece of paper while half the silicon valley billionaires didn't even go to college? stay wagey, you wagelet
>>
Why did you drop out?
>>
if you couldn't get through college as a CS or IT major (the easiest STEM majors that are offered btw) then you DO NOT have what it takes
>>
>>60580617
I'm.not saying you have to go to college, I'm saying that college was too much work for OP, so he quit. Which means he will likely quit other things when they get "too hard"
Also, no student debt here, Marine Corps pays my tuition.
>>
>>60580639
you have a point there. good on you for avoiding student debt, that shit'll kill you these days
>>
>>60580639
> I'm saying that college was too much work for OP, so he quit

I only said I quit college, when did I say it was too much work for me?
I started college because i wanted to get a good education, not a useless degree, and I quit because i didnt feel like I was getting enough of the former
>>
Getting back into college. Dumbass.
Nobody will hire you when they can hire someone who's objectively less of a loser.
>>
>>60580736
Same here. 2 years in and hadn't touched software design or anything more complicated than a control loop in C++. Forced to use Visual Studio for no reason even though my professor thought it was cool that I used the GNU compiler but he didn't even understand the differences in compilers or even what a toolchain was. He had never done more than the homework he taught which is how all my professors were. Useless. Wish I had saved that 20k
>>
>>60580819
were you proactive enough to learn things on your own though while you had all that free time and no real responsibilities?
>>
>>60580819
You shouldn't have gone to such a shitty school
>>
Just go get a A+ cert this weekend and get some retard to hire you to set up their email. Sysadmin is not a highly qualified job.
>>
>>60580650
how?
just dont pay for it.
>>
>>60580639
>Marine Corps pays my tuition
No anon, no they do not. The taxpayer pays for it. So you're welcome for your "free" education.
>>
>>60580617
this is bullshit, the big name "dropouts" like Gates and Zuckerberg left elite universities to manage businesses they built with business connections they made at those universities
sick to the graphics card threads /v/irgin
>>
>>60580617
>half the silicon valley billionaires didn't even go to college
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>60580617
Dropout tech billionaires all left college to start tremendously ambitious businesses.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.