[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so guy can you help me how many lights does a good motherboard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: MSI-Z270-GODLIKE-GAMING-Color.jpg (151KB, 680x814px) Image search: [Google]
MSI-Z270-GODLIKE-GAMING-Color.jpg
151KB, 680x814px
so guy can you help me
how many lights does a good motherboard have?

is 4 already considered good or should i start with one that has at least 8?
>>
>>60576266
One. Unless you are counting the LED indicators on the LAN port as well.
>>
Depends on the colors.
4 is usually enough if they're blue LEDs since those cool your motherboard but if you want something more exotic like green, yellow or even red 8 is the bare minimum.
>>
>>60576266
Props to MSI DESU, they give no fucks.
>4 way ski
>3 m.2 slots
>Built in DAC
>>
>>60576317
Shit *Sli
>>
this >>60576300
the more the better and make sure they are blue for better cooling
>>
>>60576266
>he fell for the 8 lights meme
>not having 16 lights in 2001+2^4
>what are you, a lightlet
>>
File: Z97-Pro-Gamer-3D-1.jpg (713KB, 2000x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Z97-Pro-Gamer-3D-1.jpg
713KB, 2000x1494px
>>60576266
For shits and giggles and looks go with something like pick related.
Because this one features a two digit info chip.
Useful if things crap itself and you can know what's the cause (faulty ram, faulty CPU, incompatible ram layout etc).
The LED can be turned off if you want to and it can be turned on and changed to whatever you want.
Gamer stuff while often odly and sometimes even horrible looking often have overdesigned stuff ("too many" phases on the CPU for what it needs. Though for OC there really isn't a too many phases, though ASUS said so themselves in an interview on a Swedish podcast that often use half the phases on their workstation models because more than that isn't needed, but for gamer stuff they do it like that because it sells better, it gives that 1% extra stability which is mostly placebo (kinda like audiophiles that hear it's better sound by buying stones that they tape on to their cables).

TL;DR gamer stuff uses mostly the most high-end stuff and it's because of gamer stuff that they have shielded off the soundcard from the rest of the board and such.

Though my choices for a board comes from it's inputs/outputs such as number of SATA ports, PCI-E/PCI layouts etc.

Currently use this, can't complain, does what it's meant to do, and does it well, and it was $0 for me.
>>
>>60576354
He's a little light in the lighting department
>>
File: 302502502.jpg (11KB, 124x146px) Image search: [Google]
302502502.jpg
11KB, 124x146px
>>60576266
is this another bait thread
>>
>>60576266
>how many lights does a good motherboard have
maybe a power and reset led + an couple 8 segment displays for error codes
>>
>>60576266
what board is that
>>
>>60576722
No it's a joke thread you autistic fuckstain

Not everybody is out to get you
>>
4 blue LEDs for cooling, green increases clock speed but don't overuse them. Typically I only have one green on the cpu and one on the network adapter.
>>
File: asus-tuf-sabertooth-z77.jpg (57KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
asus-tuf-sabertooth-z77.jpg
57KB, 500x412px
>>60576266
>Not having thermal armour
>>
>>60576317
>built in DAC
Every desktop motherboard has a built-in DAC
>>
>>60577618
This could actually be a good idea, to prevent accidental damage.
Build drainage channels into it, and it could even be a reasonable safety net for water cooled systems.
>>
>>60577556
nice try cia nigger
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.