[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why in the fuck are """"smart"""""phones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: 1405577426104.jpg (23KB, 310x247px) Image search: [Google]
1405577426104.jpg
23KB, 310x247px
Right now I could buy a shitty phone, which barely operates as a phone to start with and will explode if I drop it with less storage than the cheapest flash drive down at the local walmart. Or I can literally buy a decent computer. What in the hell? How in the fuck is this still a thing?
>>
File: u2.jpg (23KB, 504x252px)
u2.jpg
23KB, 504x252px
HoW ThE fUcK iS ThIs StIL a ThInG?
>>
>>60574295
A fine post, befitting the level of quality I've come to expect from this board.
>>
cellular + wifi ipads cost more than wifi ipads
>>
>>60574285
jews, ever increasing phone specs
>>
File: Lain.gif (389KB, 450x343px) Image search: [Google]
Lain.gif
389KB, 450x343px
>>60574295
You know, I pity you guys man. I feel so bad their are people out there who think this meme is funny. It's got none of the charm of Card Crusher or and trollish euphoria of U Mad. It's the kind of thing we would make fun of fictionally cringey 9gag user for. Only here you are existing thinking your funny. When your not funny, your not rage inducing, you just make us all sad like a disappointed dad looking down at his son. Weeping that he has failed to teach his son how to ever find happiness in life. Please do us all a favor and try to rethink your life. There is still hope you wont end up driving everyone out of your life as you cry drugged/drunk in a corner slowly raising the gun to end your sad existence. We care for well being so try not to disappoint us again "son".
>>
>>60574649
*you're
>>
File: 10.png (559KB, 2422x1500px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
559KB, 2422x1500px
>>60574679
See that's it. You're already more likable. Keep being a grammar nazi son, that will make you more friends. See if you can find my mistake in this one now.
>>
>>60574285
They're not. You can get a fully functional smartphone for around $20 now. Get something chinese.
>>
>>60574649
>>60574700
>lainposting
>>
>>60574708
>Get something chinese.
So many shills on 4chan now. Probably best to just cut the cord. Hiroshima should just change the name to 4ads.org already.
>>
>>60574832
Sorry, I meant to say you should just go to best buy and hand over $900 for the latest samsuck
>>
Redmi Note 4X is not expensive
>>
>>60574285
One plus and xiaomi devices are not expensive.
>>
Personally, I wish I could buy a dumb phone that doesn't have chinese backdoors.

But like others have said, you can get a smartphone for cheap now. So this will never happen. There is no market for good dumb phones anymore.
>>
>>60574929
Yes, because those are clearly your only options.
>>
>>60574285
Because phonecucks are the most brainless consumers of them all, and they know you'll spend however much you can muster to have the biggest numbers and latest gimmicks on your facebook toy, even if they mean nothing for practical use.
>>
>>60575092
Yeah I had a feeling it was something like that. So much for muh technology jesus will save the world with cheap technology.
>>
>>60574700
likeable*
>>
>>60574700
You missed at least two commas in that one :)
>>
>>60575061
That's right. Your options are to vastly overpay on a brand-name product, or buy a cheap but fully functional device from China. Where's the breakdown?
>>
It depends on whether you're buying """flagships""" or more reasonable models.
If you're buying flagships, they are expensive because they know people will pay, and effectively "bleeding edge" hardware will always demand a premium.
If you're buying something more reasonable, they cost what they do because of the brand attached, but also because it is very difficult to shrink a computer with acceptable performance and only passive cooling down to the size of a wallet.
>>
>>60575139
I can't even tell if you're this much of a fucking shill or you're attempting to make a joke.
>>
>>60574832
>complains about expensive phones
>is given a solution, you dont have to buy an expensive phone if all you want is a smartphone
>this guy is a shill
so you want the latest flagship phone but you don't want to pay for it and won't take cheaper phones because shilling... fucking retard.
>>
>>60575250
Why are you calling him a shill? Because he's recommending Chinese phones?
>>
>>60575286
Chinkshit is not a solution.

>>60575352
Yes. And he's by far not the only one. Chinese are shit manufacturers. They literally don't have standards.
>>
>>60575365
>Chinese are shit manufacturers
Guess who makes most of the components for your toy regardless of the brand?
If you have some moronic hangup over Chinese phones that aren't riddled with branding, you can always buy older, outdated, unsupported (community or otherwise) branded phones. You'd be paying the same price for a deprecated device as you would be for a relatively modern Chinese phone, but at least you wouldn't have an autistic tantrum!
>>
>>60575365
I'm not really sure I get the issue here.
Chinkshit is cheap because it's shit.
As long as you aren't completely mongoloid and don't care much about privacy, chinkshit isn't gonna suddenly fall apart, it just sucks.
That's why it's cheap.
And people would rather pay cheap for a cheap product than retarded pricing of a "new" model that barely does anything better in the last 5 years but has bigger numbers so it's exponentially more expensive.

I mean I guess this is just bait since you actually think it's shilling, bastardizing the word into some meaningless insult like we've done with cuck and nigger, but it's late and I have nothing better to do than enable you.
>>
>>60575365
>Chinkshit is not a solution.
If your problem is that smartphones are too expensive, it is.
>>
>>60575487
No, the solution is to make better products for less. You know, the promise (lie) that all the tech shills tried to sell us over and over again? "Oh the technology will get more and more affordable as time goes on!"
>>
>>60575503
You buy a Galaxy S3 or iPhone 4 for less than a quarter of the initial price. Seems like the solution is already there.
>>
>>60575542
>Buying Samsplosion
>Buying the Cult of Fruit
Never, whore. Never.
>>
>>60575621
Replace them with your outdated model of choice then.
>>
>>60575664
They're still too expensive REFURBISHED. My last phone was a refurbished S5 (never ever buying Samshit again) and was like $250.
>>
>>60575698
If $250 is too expensive for you, then I'm afraid technology in general is out of your reach. A smartphone can easily last multiple years with proper maintenance; the monthly cost for a $250 phone will end up being less than $10.
>>
>>60575760
>If $250 is too expensive for you
Listen idiot. If a phone costs as much as a computer and the computer is better than the phone at almost everything, we've got a problem here.
>>
>>60575767
No, we don't. Miniaturization isn't free.
>>
>>60575767
Does the $250 computer in question fit inside your pocket? Does it have a GSM radio? Camera? GPS?
>>
>>60575786
>Miniaturization
Yeah, we already did that. And the components are smaller than cellphones. So why does a $400 phone have 32G of storage? There is literally no good explanation for this. None. Not one.

>>60575792
Do most phones (no)? You can barely even find a phone under 5 1/2 inches.

>Does it have a GSM radio?
>"""Smart"""phone reception
Nice meme. My penis makes a better antenna.

>Camera?
A cheap webcam takes better pics than most phones. Curses! Foiled again.

>GPS?
Again, even with a phone this is spotty as fuck.
>>
>>60574285
Because they're in high demand you doofus. If people will pay, why lower the price?
>>
>>60575824
>There is literally no good explanation for this. None. Not one.
The explanation is that you're a fucking moron who doesn't understand shit about technology or economics.
>>
File: kot_at_his_desk_1.jpg (30KB, 491x585px) Image search: [Google]
kot_at_his_desk_1.jpg
30KB, 491x585px
>>60575824
I've been trying to humor you and your bait replies, but if you're not going to put any effort into this I'm not going to bother. It's not entertaining for me when it's this obvious.
>>
>>60574285
People are obsessed with metal and "premium" materials. They just do not like plastic phones, despite the fact that plastic phones tend to be more durable. This is the future we gleefully chose.

I want a 2017 Nexus 5. A hefty, sturdy, top-tier phone that costs $300
>>
>>60574285
Enforces consumerism via making it a necessity for employment. It is a symptom of late stage capitalism.
>>
>>60574285

Just get a 70€ wiko, shipping fee includes on amazon & it lasts 3 years.

Not that high.
>>
>>60576010
>It is a symptom of late stage capitalism.
Yeah, this phrase is coming up more and more all the time.
>>
>>60576069
http://simulations.wharton.upenn.edu/2016/03/10/monopoly/
>>
>>60576411
I actually read about this recently.
>>
File: u2.jpg (27KB, 382x252px) Image search: [Google]
u2.jpg
27KB, 382x252px
>>60574649
>YoU kNoW, i piTy yOU guyS MAn. i FeeL SO bad theiR Are pEoPLe OuT THeRE Who ThInk thIs MemE iS FUnNy. iT'S got noNe oF tHE CHarm OF CArD CRusher OR aND tROLLiSH eUPhORiA Of u MaD. It's thE kinD Of THIng WE woUld mAKE fUn of fictIonAlLy CrINgey 9gag uSER foR. ONLy heRE yoU ARe ExIsting tHInkING youR FuNny. whEn yOUr NoT fUNny, YOUr not rAge InDUCiNG, yOU JUST Make us All SaD lIKe A diSAppOIntED Dad lOoKING doWN AT hIS Son. wEEPiNg thAt hE hAS FaiLEd TO tEACh HIS soN HOW To EveR fInD haPpInESs in LiFE. pleAse Do US ALL A FAvoR AND try TO rETHiNK youR lIfe. tHErE iS sTill HoPe yOU WoNT eND Up DrivinG EveRyoNe out oF yOur liFe aS yOU CrY DRUgGEd/dRUnK iN a coRnEr sloWly rAisIng tHE GuN to end YOUR sAD eXiSTenCE. we CAre foR welL BeinG so try Not TO disAPPoinT uS AGAin "sON".
>>
processors, cameras, etc. all cost money
paying developers costs money
covering warranty claims costs money
patents and licensing costs a shitload of money
retailers need to make a margin too

this is why you can get a phone with high end specs for half the price from chinese manufacturers
>they don't have the legal presence in non-Chinese companies to be easily sued for any amount of money that's worth it over patents/licensing
>Software engineers cost a lot less in China than most developed countries
>They basically take no margin for themselves and make a few bucks per phone selling direct
>Warranty support from Chinese brands is a fucking joke; if it works, great, if it breaks, you get the runaround
>>
>>60575974
C'mon man, the Nexus 5 had all sorts of issues. The processor was top tier but the camera was shit, and so was the battery life. I owned one and I loved it but it's a relic of the past.

Google is done with pricing the Nexus line below the partners because it pisses the partners off, and Google can't afford to piss off Samsung (who threatened to go to Tizen, which is ostensibly why the later Nexus' had higher prices and they ultimately killed off the brand).
>>
>>60578451
>he spent time writing up this unfunny shit
worsest than bane posting even
>>
>>60574285
You can literally buy Android phones for less than $100
You can even buy used phones for even less. I bought a replacement for my 2013 Moto G for $10 shipped online.
>>
>>60578625
not him but you can just copy and paste into a "randomcase" converter
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.