[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys use some kind of audio selector to switch between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

Do you guys use some kind of audio selector to switch between headphones and speakers without having to physically unplug and plug them back in?
>>
....? What?

Yes? Do you not?
>>
>>60571991
>speakers
but i'm not a nigger
>>
>>60572006
Sorry, I meant something that allows multiple 3.5mm audio jacks.
>>
>>60571991
My speakers are plugged into my monitor and my headphones are plugged into my motherboard but idk how /g/ does it
>>
>>60572027
It's literally just the Sound control panel in Winderp ..
>>
a physical switch or one in the operating system?

windows has support for that, just right click the sound icon on the taskbar and go to playback devices
>>
>>60571991
my E10k. Headphone output and 3.5mm output for speakers. It works.
>>
>>60572050
A physical switch, as I only have my motherboard and a shitty, lossy computer case pass-through to plug into.
>>
>>60572059
Do you switch between them in software?
>>
File: screenshot.548.jpg (48KB, 368x233px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.548.jpg
48KB, 368x233px
>>60571991
uhh... windows has one built in already
>>
>>60572122
No. Rear 3.5mm is always outputting when it's on.. No volume control on rear output, but I have powered speakers right now and I control volume through them. Front 3.5mm has volume control. I can play both at the same time.
>>
>>60572150
Neat. Any other decent but cheapish DAC's with that capability?
>>
>>60572177
That you'd recommend I mean.
>>
File: 1466370381013.png (18KB, 360x215px) Image search: [Google]
1466370381013.png
18KB, 360x215px
just werks™
>>
>>60571991
ugh, if only there was a thread for stupid questions
>>
>>60574424
ugh, if only people would actually learn to fucking read.
>>
>>60571991
I know ur pain of having to unplug headphones and speakers all the time. Bought a £3 3.5m jack splitter. Have headphones and speakers plugged in same jack now. Both work at the same time, use physical speaker turn off button when I only want headphones.
>>
>>60574959
Tried that but the headphones end up taking about 90% of the signal and you can hardly hear the speakers :/
>>
just use a thrift shop hifi receiver
headphone jack is always live, you just hit a switch for speakers
>>
Assuming you have the cords close to the input, why do you need this? Is it too much trouble for you to spend 3 seconds switching the cords? Do you switch between outputs often enough that this would be useful?
>>
>>60571991
Yes, speakers plugged into rca outs and headphones into 6,3 jack of my sound card. Have ahk script that binds switching outputs to media keys of my keyboard. Remapped some shitty mail and home keys for it. I don't even know what those did before. Unironically most convenient setup I have ever had.
>>
>>60574959
This. Works fine. Get high impedance (low draw) headphones, you might wear headphones or buds a little harder too because when you want volume on the amp have to up the input (headphone volume). And some audio amps have both an RCA and 3.5mm aux input - its the same input if you have an RCA cord don't need a splitter.
>>
>>60571991
yeah, the incredibly ugly sound manager that came with motherboard I can do connector retasking - want speakers, tell it that headphones are a mic, want headphones, tell it that they're headphones.

clunky but works.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.