[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, how do we make a new decentralized internet that doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: silicon-valley-5392d735edd6f.jpg (104KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
silicon-valley-5392d735edd6f.jpg
104KB, 500x281px
Guys, how do we make a new decentralized internet that doesn't suck?
>>
>>60570092
>le ebin reddit valley geek sitcom
fuck off
>>
>>60570124
it was a serious question, retard.
After extratorrents got shut down, it got me thinking.
so piss off, troll.
>>
>>60570251
lol sry dude was just trying to be edgy. I actually enjoy the show (except for that whiny main bitch of a character)
upvoted
>>
>>60570092
Read the sticky and get to work
>>
Contribute to ipfs and i2p
>>
>>60570390
"that doesn't suck"
>>
>>60570450
>lets reinvent the wheel AGAIN instead of making an existing project better
I'll make the logo
>>
>>60570599
yeah, make it simple and fast enough any grandma and grandpa can understand and install on his phone.
>tfw watched the "ipfs" tutorial and it's like computer science lecture
not gonna work in the real world. nope.
>>
>>60570092
we need to break the theoretical limit on Weissman score
>>
>>60570687
shall we call the Pied Pipers?

who you gonna call?
PIED PIPERS!
>>
>>60570092
how would you even connect ? would we use old VHF antennas?
>>
>phone always running other people's programs
>using your phone for their storage
>hiding their compression behind a proprietary license (presumably also making your CPU use spike every time you want to use your own files)
>prevent any other individuals or corporations from using your revolutionary technology because you want to make money using it in a tiny, specific niche

Pied Piper are everything you could hate about technology
>>
>>60570092
Just make a network. Find a way to connect everyone on it in a way that you can afford that works well enough to keep everyone on it. First make the network and you'll know so much more.
>>
File: 1455861214510.jpg (58KB, 540x531px) Image search: [Google]
1455861214510.jpg
58KB, 540x531px
>Convince hacker with IOT botnet to start an IPFS node on every single device
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iC0YXspJRM
>>
>>60570673
>DUDE DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THIS TCP THINH IS????
>normal people would never use this over written letter
>>
File: 2148219414.jpg (83KB, 651x427px) Image search: [Google]
2148219414.jpg
83KB, 651x427px
>>60570251
Really made me think too
>>
>it's a investor fucks over the company again episode
>>
>>60570092
ssb/patchwork
>>
>>60572423
Someone would need to put up basestations all over the place
>>
This thread is a stupid and gay

Let's discuss i2p

How does it manage to operate on traditional systems that are made for routing IP data? Apparently it 'addresses messages to cryptographic keys' which I don't understand. Wouldn't it need to be addressed to specific IPs. I guess I just don't understand how anonymity can be kept if there's a sender and recipient.
>>
>>60570092
>decentralized internet
The governments wouldn't allow that.
>>
Maidsafe is a completely new distributed Internet, and has had steady development for years, check out the forums: https://safenetforum.org/
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.