[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which operating system for running server? Windows server

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

File: hotassgirl.jpg (176KB, 720x1349px) Image search: [Google]
hotassgirl.jpg
176KB, 720x1349px
Which operating system for running server?
Windows server 2012 or free bsd?
>>
Solaris or Debian.
>>
gentoo
>>
debian
>>
>>60563948
What's with the middle eastern eye thingy?
>>
>>60563948
Why is it so many relatively beautiful women doesn't have any taste when it comes to clothing?
She could easily increase her social status by getting some clothes that looks good.
>>
>>60563985
hamsa
>>
>>60563964
I don't think so it is better than free bsd.
>>
>>60564015
"looks good"
subjective lmao
>>
>>60564015
Are you not Burger?
This dress is socially more acceptable than anything else.
>>
CentOS is the objectively best server OS in 2017.

I use Debian, however.
>>
>>60564019
yes.... but why?!?
>>
>>60563965
>>60563964
>WhatsApp processes 2 million concurrent TCP connections per server
Is this even possible in debian or gentoo?
>>
>>60563948
Centos
>>
File: whichone.png (101KB, 1926x630px) Image search: [Google]
whichone.png
101KB, 1926x630px
I am going for free bsd.
Which one is for amd64 for usb image?
>>
>>60563948
Unless you need Windows Server (AD, IIS, C# Server) you shouldn't waste money on a license.
>>
0's and 1's are better than sexual tension and flirting. I have transcended.
>>
>>60564136
Free bsd isn't free?
>>
>>60564148
lol. Already did that 3 years ago. Now I am witcher.
>>
File: i regert nothing.webm (930KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
i regert nothing.webm
930KB, 640x640px
>>60563948
1) CentOS for cheap-ass companies to host files/databases
3) n00buntu for tards that can't into CentOS
4) Windows 2012 R2 for people with real jobs that require AD/Exchange
>>
>>60564164
Huh? No. You don't get a Windows Server License unless you need it.
It's a waste of money then, because if you just need a general purpose server, any unix flavor is fine.
>>
>>60564181
Why aren't you acknowledging the free bsd os?
>>
>>60564214
because it's not worth mentioning in my list of valid server OS's
>>
>>60564229
If later I want to distribute my data, does centOs has built in migration tools without me wasting time on carefully migrating data?
>>
>>60564024
>subjective lmao
No it is not.
There are consensus on what looks good.
>>60564034
The dress on the woman in the background is a nightgown. Wearing it in public is poor form.
You can clearly see through the dress and it sags in unflattering ways.

The denim outfit in the front is atrocious.
I mean, it is nice to know she takes three fingers, but it makes her look like a child for picking clothes based on how shiny it is.
The jacket does not fit her well and the pants are just ugly.
When you go for the "show a bit of bak/belly skin" style, you don't pick shorts that go that high.
>>
>>60564229
>>60564182
>>60564181
Can anyone tell what OS do telecom companies use? Like for 3G/4G what operating system is used to maintain huge influx of connection?
>>
>>60563948
palvinBarbeeOS
>>
>>60564181
Anything that says "enterprise" brings up thoughts of guys with long nose.
>>
File: trash.gif (3MB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
trash.gif
3MB, 300x262px
>>60564337
If you were talking about RHEL specifically I'd agree, but CentOS is a community-based enterprise-grade OS. It literally says it in the name.
>>
>>60564063
What kind of a question is this
>>
>>60564362
CentOS officially integrated with RED hat people. Look wiki.
>>
>>60563948
any debbie or rip'em bistro will do. CentOS if your best bet if you intend to run enterprise stuff made specifically for RHEL. Otherwise the Debbies have larger official repositories so you won't need to mess with third party sources.
>>
>>60563948
install ubuntu server, set up your shit, move on with your life. Get a CentOS chroot or VM if you're studying for "Linux" certs.
>>
>>60563948
>FreeBSD

Not even once. https://vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt
>>
>>60563948
you want a gr8 server
get ubuntu mate,
put it on a raspberry pi 3
make it headless if need be
comfy
>>
File: 1481101075082.jpg (165KB, 600x961px) Image search: [Google]
1481101075082.jpg
165KB, 600x961px
>>60564015
>butthurt ugly feminist angry that most beautiful women don't give a fuck about such stupidity as objectification and sexual puritanism, and just like to look sexy

Get the fuck out ugly bitch. You are ugly both inside and out.

Feminists will never represent women because most women take a shit on puritanism.
>>
>>60564286
They are both supermodels dude.
Right is Barbara Palvin, and left is John Legend's wife (don't remember her name), and they're probably on a set or at some event where they gave them those clothes to wear.

And even if they're wearing their own clothes, I'm sure they have a better fashion sense of anyone on this Chinese egg manufacturing forum.
>>
>>60564049
to protect the ass hole from evil eyes
>>
>>60564302
Telcos used to run HP-UX a lot a few years ago. I don't know what's the situation now.

Anyway, RHEL/CentOS is the best option for a general-purpose server, unless you need to run Microsoft shitware.
>>
>>60564815
Why would you think I was a feminist?
My point was that they look good, but their clothes are not flattering, and they could look a lot better if they just had some taste in clothing.

>>60565117
Most people here are male and men usually have better fashion sense, so I doubt that.
>>
>>60563948
I know this girl. She forced me down and sat on my face with her friends. I had to follow command and eat ass.
>>
>>60565641
>men usually have better fashion sense
>makes this claim on /g/
Holy shit son.
>>
>>60565641
You are a homosexual.
Only homosexuals without any personality care about fashion.
>>
>>60565783
>women must look like shit
You sounds like the faggot.
>>
>>60565665
LOL ME too Anon It was soooooooooooo weird but i kinda of liked it after still it was so embarrassing >///<
>>
>>60565839
>women only look like shit according to my subjective opinion because i am the paragon of judging designated by the heavens
You ARE a faggot.
>>
>>60563948
>windows
>good
I can SORT OF understand using Windows for desktops, but the only reason to use Windows for servers is if you need AD server or something. And even then it's more of a necessary evil than anything that could be called "good".
>>
>>60563948
Disgusting. Too much ass.
>>
>>60564015
>She could easily increase her social status
She is already a topmodell.
>>
women wearing denim
>>
>>60565921
Yet nobody knew who she was.
>>
>>60565967
Because there's tens of thousands of top models in the world and it takes a special level loser and autist to know more than a dozen of them.
>>
>>60566057
If there is thousands of models better than her, how is she a top model?
>>
>>60565907
Spoken like a true faggot.
>>
>>60565907
Irish detected
>>
>>60566137
cuz she's getting high dollar work
>>
>>60566137
>better than her
But he didn't say that.
He just said that there are thousands of them in general. She's one of the most popular ones
>>
>>60566944
yet nobody knows who she is and she has poor taste in fashion.
Clearly she is being beaten by the pros.
>>
>>60566997
>I don't know who she is, so nobody else does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Palvin
>>
openbsd
plan9
freebsd is ok, but 2 above are better
>>
>>60563948
RHEL
centOS
>>
smells a bit like bitter virgin in here
>>
>>60567015
first line
>some magazine calls her "rookie"
I am sure she is a top model.
>>
>>60567066
>People can't become popular in a short amount of time.
Every year there are tons of new celebrities (many of which are one hit wonders) that become famous overnight and get known by everybody within a month.

She's not on the same level of the very top-famous models, but she's still pretty popular.
Also,
>getting nominated "rookie of the year" is the same as being called rookie.
>>
>>60564015
When you look that good it doesn't matter what you wear, you will look either way.
>>
gb2/fa/
>>
>>60567128
I don't really care if she is the world most known super model or she is some college student, I didn't knew who she was when I pointed out her outfit was ugly and a she would look better if she had some taste.
An ill-fitted denim suit is barely worthy for a middle class, the sign saying she is a three finger kind of girl is just poor taste.

>>60567303
When your job is to look good, the least you can do is to promote nice looking clothes.
The entire point of models is to sell clothes as women like to imitate more beautiful women, so why wouldn't you expect them to attempt to do their job?

Men's fashion also have some things that is embarrassing to see in public.
Jogging pants, cargo pants and wearing an oversized sport team shirt outside of sporting events just from the top of my head.
But at least you don't see male models with "I do anal" stamps on their wife beater while wearing shorts that they are showing brain.
>>
>>60565641
I want Reddit to die
>>
>>60567487
But that's your subjective opinion.
Maybe people in pro fashion circles think differently.
If you think you know better than them, then nobody is stopping you from telling them instead of complaining on a Saudi camel-racing forum.
Or even better, go work in the industry and make a fortune if you're so good.
>>
>>60567564
I don't want to belittle myself to do fashion, any moron with a crayon can do that.
If the elite of the fashion community thinks unflattering clothes with ugly patches is "cool" then they are just bad at their jobs.
Mens fashion is basically solved at this point, if you look at any celebrity event, you will see that that variations on a suit is basically all they do and sticking to the classics is never considered bad.
If you look at what makes a suit look good, you will see that generally force a shape that is considered good looking for men.
It exaggerates good features and hides bad features.
The only way to look bad in a suit is to get one that doesn't fit. (which is still possible, otherwise all men would look like gods)
For women, dresses exaggerates flattering features and hides other features.
These are not my subjective opinions.
>>
>>60567977
>It's a "he's too patrician to go and make millions in an extremely competitive field that somehow anyone could be good at" episode.
>>
>>60567977
Those things you said are iterally first-day tier knowledge.

Fashion is much more than making someone look good.
Especially at those levels.
It's more about creativity than simply looks.

I personally think the entire industry is pointless and frivolous (just like the people working in it), but it's really naive to think it's so simple.
>>
>>60568033
I get to design robot systems, I am doing okay.
It just urks me when people are bad at their job.
>>
>>60568093
I'm sure the opinion of OP's model would have on your work will be as valuable as yours is about hers.
>>
>>60568114
the opinion that the OP's model*
My bad.
>>
>>60564135
dvd1 or disk1
>>
Windows server. No competition.
>>
>>60568187
...for the worst one, right? Because Windows on a server is a goddamn horrible thing.
>>
FreeBSD.
Russian botnet runs it.
https://www.freebsdnews.com/2009/11/24/yandex-freebsd/
>>
OmniOS
>>
>>60564063
probably not

but you're not going to server 2 million users concurrently are you
>>
>>60568207
it does a handful of things pretty well actually but nearly all of it is proprietary ecosystem shit
>>
>>60568207
Bullshit. Windows costs money for a reason and used by real professionals. Fuck off with your bs 'free' amateur shit please.
>>
>>60568277
It's used by professionals because no-one sane would want to touch it with a ten-foot pole if they weren't being paid for it.
>>
File: 1494913298798.jpg (2MB, 1346x2002px) Image search: [Google]
1494913298798.jpg
2MB, 1346x2002px
>>60564135
memstick for usb flash devices, dd it to your device, disc1 for optical media.
Make sure to reference the handbook if you have questions for administrating the system.
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/bsdinstall-pre.html#bsdinstall-installation-media

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/
>>
>>60568298
Fuck off bro. The reason that the large majority of the internet is hosted on Windows servers is because it's better. END OF STORY.
>>
>>60567487
denial in practice
>>
>>60568395
Internet is almost exclusively hosted on Linux and UNIX based servers. The vast majority of webservers are virtual servers running LAMP on a Linux host, and only a tiny minority uses Windows.

Most Windows servers that are in use are in internal networks because you need MS's AD bullshit to manage Windows workstations. And even then it's a huge pain in the ass.
>>
>>60568277
Microsoft doesn't even believe in the future of windows server.
Freedom doesn't mean amateurish.
You can get paid support for linux too, suse and redhat have been providing support for a long time.
Everybody who has ever setup a server knows gnu/linux is easier to manage, more flexible and cheaper to scale.
Windows is not even a decent alternative if it was given away for free.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.