[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://newsroom.intel.com/editoria ls/envision-world-thunde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: TBT3_Does-It-All-889x500.jpg (30KB, 889x500px) Image search: [Google]
TBT3_Does-It-All-889x500.jpg
30KB, 889x500px
https://newsroom.intel.com/editorials/envision-world-thunderbolt-3-everywhere/

THUNDERBOLT INTEGRATED INTO INTEL CHIPSETS

THANK YOU BASED INTEL

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
>How can we make our products more appealing?
>MAKE IT USE A STANDARD COMPLETELY LOCKED DOWN WITH INSANE ROYALTY RATES!
>>
>>60562988
>In addition to Intel’s Thunderbolt silicon, next year Intel plans to make the Thunderbolt protocol specification available to the industry under a nonexclusive, royalty-free license. Releasing the Thunderbolt protocol specification in this manner is expected to greatly increase Thunderbolt adoption by encouraging third-party chip makers to build Thunderbolt-compatible chips. We expect industry chip development to accelerate a wide range of new devices and user experiences.
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>60562965

Those are anti-competitive practices. Let's hope Intel loses more market share in the future so that there is more healthy competition.
>>
>>60562965
Wait.
So first all the virgins and anime watchers applaud thinkpads for offering external GPU options which 'is all you need'
And now they're upset because their shitty Indian company is being bankrupted by this practice?
>>
File: 1494660694470.png (871KB, 801x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1494660694470.png
871KB, 801x1500px
>>60563039
>>
>>60563025
Better alert the FCC if that's the case.
>>
>>60562965
Does this mean thunderbolt on AMD motherboards and ARM SoCs or is this still Intel only? Because if it's the latter, wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>60563278
Only on Intel chipsets.
>>
>>60563438
I don't get why Intel's recent strategy is to add all sorts of semi-useful and near-useless junk to their chipsets to try and convince people to buy their shit, instead of just improving their core architecture or coming up with a new one (before 2021).
>>
>>60563518
Intel is releasing the protocol info royalty free next year, AMD could make it integrated with their processor or OEMs can use third party thunderbolt chips. Thunderbolt has benefits for external docks, GPUs, high transfer rates, etc. with USB C compatibility it will be multipurpose port.
>>
>>60563013
Oh good, might actually see TB actually used now!
>>
>>60563610
But it's clear that Intel is adding these features in an effort to sell their rehashed garbage chips.
>>
>>60563907
>jews jewing jews
>>
>>60563907
As it turns out, die shrinks are harder and harder and it's hard to get people to upgrade. Making it so gamers can have laptops and buy external EGPUs, pros have a more powerful expansion port on portable devices for a variety of uses, and so you can buy one laptop dock now and use it with any future laptop you buy with USB C and hook up to your monitors, USB devices, etc. are all fucking appealing features.

I wouldn't call adding TB on die worthless at all. Not enough to get a lot of people to upgrade still but it helps the value proposition.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.