[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Oh just install windows 10 you dummy, you can disable al

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1494752917507.png (125KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
1494752917507.png
125KB, 480x853px
>Oh just install windows 10 you dummy, you can disable all the telem-

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3010547/microsoft-says-its-best-not-to-fiddle-with-windows-10-enterprise-group-policies

How can windows shills ever recover?
>>
Stop pretending like they only introduced telemetry in windows 10, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>60559304
Except now you can't turn it off because they ignore your settings, even if you're enterprise
>>
>>60559316
You could never turn it off, fuckface.
>>
>>60559328
Enterprise, moron, there was none of that shit on enterprise before win 10.
>>
>>60559340
Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>60559356
Why would I, switched to linux half a year ago, best decision I ever made
>>
File: GG.png (21KB, 2417x270px) Image search: [Google]
GG.png
21KB, 2417x270px
I been living a fucking lie.... HOW IS THIS SHIT LEGAL MAN. FUCK
>>
>>60559284
I'm not rejecting your argument for Windows 10 (because I read through the guy's tweets and saw his evidence for it), but I really hate it when news sources really water down the issue, especially if it's technical and provides no associated evidence within their articles.
>>
Everybody knows the settings they expose do jack shit, that's why you have to get into hosts file editing and firewall rules.

But that's too hard for 90% of people on /g/ though which is why they stick with 7 instead.
>>
>>60559403
Windows will literally edit the firewall rules to allow whatever it needs. Either use a real computer as your router and block everything there, or get the fuck off windows, preferably both.
>>
>>60559284
Wow OP.
Is this really news for you?
It was present in every Windows since 7.
Yes even Enterprise.

The only way you can stop telemetry is a network wide filter. Like pi-hole.
There you have to carefully block all the Microsoft domains. Except for windows update of course.
>>
>>60559284
This would have been a way better source OP, from the actual author of the findings.

https://xato.net/windows-spying-and-a-twitter-rant-19203babb2e7
>>
>>60559478
In relation to this:

>As a number of people pointed out, there were some problems with how I applied a couple of the group policy settings. And looking back, I can’t even say I’m 100% sure if I rebooted after applying the settings (although I did do a gpupdate). So no, this was by no means a clean test. It wasn’t meant to be a published finding, it was a Twitter rant.

He even goes on to describe how a lot of the traffic was cut back but some Telemetry information was still being transmitted.

>Therefore, if you have a volume license to buy Windows Enterprise (no, you can’t buy just one), apply the Windows Restricted Traffic Limited Functionality Baseline before bringing it online, don’t install anything, and don’t use your computer, the data sent to Microsoft is quite minimal.

>If you don’t have the Enterprise edition, the best you get is basic telemetry (see what they collect), that is if you know to change it from the default enhanced levels (see what more they collect!). For many users the telemetry and other tracking is set a the maximum default levels.

Overall, the OP of those "findings" admits he didn't do a proper test and analysis of the network traffic being broadcasted from the VM.

The Inquirer is bullshitting and just ran with some shit the author read on Twitter to stir up interest for traffic to the site.
>>
File: 1474075868883.png (2MB, 642x4353px) Image search: [Google]
1474075868883.png
2MB, 642x4353px
>>60559340
>enterprise moron
>>
>>60559449
>There you have to carefully block all the Microsoft domains. Except for windows update of course.
Even better, just block them all and use WSUS offline updater.

Someone really should deploy a drone machine with a completely untouched vanilla windows 10, and with an external router record all internet activity of said machine. All IPs would be automatically uploaded to a public shitlist people can use to filter out MS shenanigans.
>>
How bad is it in LTSB?
>>
not installing ReactOS
>>
just block all telemetry in firewall & proxy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.