[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am wondering how hard university actually is especially something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (13KB, 259x194px)
images.jpg
13KB, 259x194px
I am wondering how hard university actually is especially something like computer science or Business Computing Systems in the UK. I am currently in my second year of doing some IT course and I work like 6 hours a week total, spending most of my time masturbating to anime and playing visual novels. My course I find is easy but tedious, spending just 6 hours or less a week on my assignements in class while watching insects go to war on youtube and I breeze through them like there's no friction. I am wondering if I will be capable of doing university level work
>>
>>60548279
Do you like Math? CompSci is lots of math, like engineering.
>>
>>60549464
Nope, education is boring
>>
>>60549712
Then you don't want CompSci. Hopefully I'm doing a 2 year IT in the fall. More geared towards the actual IT field than university, but university will open far more doors for you plus better pay and opportunity.
>>
>>60548279
Uni is easy. Show up for lectures, do the work set asap and read ahead in the text book so that you know a majority of the lecture beforehand.
Even if you don't go that far above and beyond, It's only difficult if you're using uni as a reason to play vidya until 4am each morning.
I played LoL until 4am each morning, when studying physics, did 20% of the set work and wondered why I scraped 20% marks at best.

It's also to do with the people you associate with. If you fall into the stoner crowd, it's not your marks that are going to be high.
>>
>>60549958
How much work is in university like how much would I have to work a week or each day? I have little motivation for working
>>
>>60550080
Up to thirty six or forty hours a week, depending on the specific classes. Potentially as little as fifteen, assuming the equivalent of a full time American schedule.
>>
>>60550140
What the fuck, that like 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I don't think I can concentrate that long. I am like only doing work 2 hours for 3 days right now and just relaxing the rest
>>
>>60550234
That's what's called "trying," and good luck collecting your neetbux if you're unable to do it.
>>
>>60550291
Why do I have to do work to get my benefits if I become a neet?
>>
I transferred in to Uni. Hardest part for me was still in CC, doing the prep work, namely calc-based physics, and to a lesser extent the calc sequence itself. At Uni though the hardest part of the CS curriculum for me was discrete math. I had a German professor who was very difficult, and would trash your homework even if it was even suspected you studied with another person.

Other than that I enjoyed it. School is cool. You got to learn enjoy it, and the higher you go the more enjoyable it is, as you put more emphasis into the core of your major.
>>
>>60550808
To me I don't give 2 shits about school or education. I can be seen a super lazy having no motivation for things that aren't interesting or fun. Right now in my college (UK) I am doing a 2 year course that I find EASIER than my GCSE. I just can't see myself doing university level work. I give up easily on work that seems difficult, have no passion for anything. I'm in a stuggle because my future prospects doesn't seem bright at all
>>
>>60550882
I felt that way in the beginning, but I came to like it as time went on, and actually got into being competitive with my peers. I think once you start getting good grades and that kind of recognition it changes your perspective of things.

That said, of you don't want to go to school, but enjoy computing shit, then the advice here is usually going to boil down to doing your own projects and uploading them to Github for prospective employers to see.

However, if you're doing a two year course, and presumably are taking generals, then that only leaves an additional two years for university anyway, which goes by quick as fuck.
>>
File: Hardest class in CS.png (423KB, 490x684px) Image search: [Google]
Hardest class in CS.png
423KB, 490x684px
>>60549464
>CompSci is lots of math, like engineering

You couldn't be more wrong.
>>
Man I just want a job that I sit on a chair do simple easy work for like 1 hour then pretend I am doing work for the rest of the day with decent pay...
I don't need some super hard degree for this
>>
>>60551149
I'm not so good at math. First year where I live has 4 math courses, linear, 2 calculus and discrete. That's more than I think I can handle even if I could afford a tutor.
>>
>>60551149
Discrete is piss easy. CS here require DE and Calc 3
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.