[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chaos Computer Clubs Breaks Iris Recognition System of the Samsung

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1491346634252.jpg (13KB, 590x380px) Image search: [Google]
1491346634252.jpg
13KB, 590x380px
Crapsung S8 BTFO!

>The Samsung Galaxy S8 is the first flagship smartphone with iris recognition. The manufacturer of the biometric solution is the company Princeton Identity Inc. The system promises secure individual user authentication by using the unique pattern of the human iris.

>A new test conducted by CCC hackers shows that this promise cannot be kept: With a simple to make dummy-eye the phone can be fooled into believing that it sees the eye of the legitimate owner. A video shows the simplicity of the method.

https://www.ccc.de/en/updates/2017/iriden
>>
Good. I hate Samsung.
But I also hate phone users so I don't care if they get bent over
>>
A picture + generic contact lens is all that's needed to open someone's phone now.

KEK
>>
Biometrics is the worst security idea since smbv1
>>
It is literally nothing.
How would one get a decent picture of your iris without you knowing?
>>
>>60546154
A camera. It's not that difficult.
>>
Why tho. Finger prints work fine already.
>>
>>60546169
Selfies and other pics would have terrible iris quality.
>>
>>60546154
Stand across someone, fiddle with a phone and pretend you're just reading faceshit or something and then just snap a pic of someone.

EASY!
>>
you know how you have to do stupid things like "unintentionally" make your iris recognition software so shitty that an undergrad could make a better version in less than a day, just so you get the news attention and so this will advertised like for free
>>
Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>60546232
>Stand across someone, fiddle with a phone and pretend you're just reading faceshit or something and then just snap a pic of someone.
>EASY!

Stand across someone, look above his shoulder when he enters his pin/pattern into his mobile and recognize it.
EASY!
>>
What did you expect? Pentagon level security in a phone not bigger than a calculator?

I'm really curious as to how easy it is to beat those too. fingerprints can be beaten with a printer.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.