[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to qbittorrent from utorrent(pre-ad version). First time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: 1000px-ΜTorrent_2.2_icon.svg_.png (67KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1000px-ΜTorrent_2.2_icon.svg_.png
67KB, 1000x1000px
Moving to qbittorrent from utorrent(pre-ad version).
First time moving to different torrenting program
how do i send my older torrents from utorrent to
qbittorrent?
>>
>>60545685
why would you want to move your old torrents?
>>
>>60545726
>ratiocuck struggles
>>
>>60545726
seeding
>>
Just stick with 2.2.1
Why fix what isn't broken?
>>
>>60545746
need of newer features for clever download/upload management.
Also decent streaming support would be good too.
>>
>>60545759
Can you have both and seed your progress to yourself?

Or maybe find where the torrent files are stored (in like some appdata folder or wherever) and open with qbittorrent. When setting the location, click where the ones in progress already are
>>
>>60545779
Well i'd rather conviniently have everything in 1
Tried doing this but can't seem to find the option.
>>
>>60545742
Why in the world of fuck would you ever seed a torrent?
>>
>>60545850
fuck off leechfag
>>
>>60545685
try this instead.
https://donutglaze.com/
>>
>>60545850

do you even know how torrents work?
>>
>>60545850
>Why in the world of fuck would you ever seed a torrent?
I don't want to take part in the death of torrenting so i try to
give back to the pirating community to extend its lifetime even
by a little bit.
Also i've been getting into private trackers.

p.s. >>60545859
what he said.
>>
>>60545685
Just use Transmission.
>>
>>60545905
>>60545949
From what research i've done qbittorrent seems to be the best one out there.
I'd rather have to manually make magnets to transfer all my torrents 1 by 1
than having to settle down for a lesser option that supports torrent transfering.
I'm just looking for some ghetto alternative to just find the files that contain
my torrents from utorrent and making qbittorrent recognize them.
>>
oh my god i did it almost broke it all tho. 100% cpu usage after opening 1000+ torrent files with qbittorrent im lagggggging
>>
https://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=3224.0
>>
iirc utorrent saves all .torrent files in a tmp directory somewhere which doesn't get truncated. Otherwise get the magnet URI's from all current torrents.
Install qbittorrent and load .torrent/magnet URI's and point them to the finished directories.
Wait a while for qbittorrent finish processing the files
>>
>>60545685
I did that qbt is bloated
>>
>>60546259
Yeah did it succesfuly after changing a couple of settings in qbittorrent to automatically add the torrents and have them paused.
>>
>>60545759
What features?
>>
>>60546310
Recommend me some other torrent programs over it then and why
do you think they're better than qbit
>>60546329
better bandwith management and more options for how i want my torrents to behave upon beeing added/completed etc.
Looking into qbit config atm, it's decent but still not perfect for my needs...
>>
>>60545685
when we will start the blockchain to transfer files an jew it also ?
>>
too lazy to respond to everything in here.

utorrent should let you copy the magnet link, then go into qbittorrent, give it the magnet link, and then point it to the directory you were seeding from. It'll check everything and should continue seeding.

Everybody has this "oh qbt sucks use THIS torrent client instead" but my experience is completely different. It just werks and I find it has more features than the recommended equivalents.

If it doesn't work for you, then try deluge
>>
>>60546313
>paused
Do not pause. Do a complete stop.
>>
>>60548067
IT ONLY HAS PAUSE
>>60547972
already fixed my issue by finding the folder in the appdata/roaming/utorrent folder
and i was able to open all my torrents from there with a few configurations so it
wouldn't spam me with requests and would just do it automatically.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 1097x232px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 1097x232px
works for me
>>
OP, can't you just export/find the torrent files for µtorrent? Then set the default download folder in qbittorrent to the same as for µtorrent, then open all the torrent files. qbittorrent supposedly finds them. I think it force rechecks all of them.
>>
File: Qbittorrent_doing_its_thing[1].png (126KB, 1913x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Qbittorrent_doing_its_thing[1].png
126KB, 1913x1014px
So I moved back to 3.0 after I had some issues with a newer one, and everything is downloading again (these are all files I completed months ago) and into my Downloads folder to boot.

Is there a reason why this could happen? Is there a way of keep seeding while also stopping these repeated downloads? I'm not sure if I'm even making myself clear, since this has never happened before.

I've already changed my settings for me to pick what folders to download new files, but I'm still unsure what to do here.
>>
Is it just me or does qbittorrent has seeding disabled by default?
>>
I made the mistake of uninstalling utorrent before installing QB under the assumption that my collection of torrent files would not be deleted. They were. utorrent deletes your torrents in appdata
>>
Try setting your default download folder to the old one. Won't probably work, but who knows. Maybe there's an export option somewhere, or maybe you'll have to add every magnet one by one, in which case you should set the default folder to the other one to not have to redownload every single torrent again.

Btw, >>60545905, that looks sexy af.
>>
>>60549035
dunno but I am pretty certain qBittorrent code quality is shit.

I mean...it cant run without connecting to some localhost nodejs server or whatever local server it is running for its UI. Thats enough for me not to use it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (162KB, 1157x1541px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
162KB, 1157x1541px
>>60545685
not sure if the first step is available in utorrent good luck
>>
>>60545937
Doing gods work.
>>
>>60546366
It isn't bloated, don't fall for that meme.
qbittorrent is fine
>>
>>60545685
I use uTorrent (:
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.