[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>macOS uses FreeBSD >iOS uses FreeBSD >PS4 uses FreeBSD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>macOS uses FreeBSD
>iOS uses FreeBSD
>PS4 uses FreeBSD

tfw my life is powered by FreeBSD
>>
>>60535034
>he doesn't know why all these billion-dorrar businesses use freebsd with its cuck license
>he thinks they decline to use linux because it's technically inferior

top kek
>>
>>60535100
For some purposes, it is, not these though. Just like the fact that for some purposes Linux is superior. Yay choice!
>>
>>60535205
Linux is superior to *BSD. For ALL purposes. You can't name even one way that BSD is better except bringing up obvious shit like PS4 or Mac, and not mentioning the obvious truth that these companies only chose BSD because of the license that allows them to take and give nothing back.
>>
File: 1486244383902.png (145KB, 776x991px) Image search: [Google]
1486244383902.png
145KB, 776x991px
You're a cuck OP
>>
Vita uses FreeBSD and NetBSD
It's also the most secure of all of them
>>
> macOS and iOS also use the mach kernel
> tfw mach is one giant security flaw
feels good to run Linux :)
>>
>>60535517

what is the OS on the right?
>>
>>60535607
freebsd
>>
Neither macOS nor iOS use FreeBSD in any significant way anymore. Only certain parts of the userland.

PS4 does use FreeBSD and that's kinda cool if you're 15 though!
>>
Daily reminder that FreeBSD security is worse than Linux, it lacks any exploit mitigations, is never audited, etc.

https://vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt

sage
>>
>>60535034
bsd license truly is the best. it's free as in freedom, unlike gpl
>>
>>60535246
It's easily superior in OS research and being tuned to push lots of packets. If you don't realize that then your statement is completely irrelevant anyway. Right tool for the job anon, less zealotry.
>>
File: 1.jpg (354KB, 2183x1422px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
354KB, 2183x1422px
you fucked up OP. mac is not freeSBD
>>
macOS does NOT use FreeBSD.
The kernel is similar, stemming from a similar code base. But it is not the same.
It's like saying OpenBSD == FreeBSD. It's not, and that is a really good way to troll Theo.
The OS for the PlayStation is in fact FreeBSD, not macOS though.
>>
>>60535246
BSD is superior in that it lets you incorporate it into a proprietary product. And it gives you bragging rights for running "REEL EUNUCHS".
>>
OSX uses components from FreeBSD but it is not FreeBSD. It's a mishmash of various parts of various BSDs.

Really though Apple should just use FreeBSD they don't even care about the OS anyway they just sell hardware. If they outsourced the OS to the FreeBSD project and just maintained the graphical layer they'd probably actually have a decent OS.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.