[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How common is it for graphics cards to break after a few months?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: zotac.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
zotac.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
How common is it for graphics cards to break after a few months?

I'm getting my zotac gtx1060 RMA'd because it broke after 4 months.
>>
>>60533235
>zotrash
>>
Common when you buy from shit tier manufacturers like fucking Zotac. They are the AMD of manufacturers.
>>
>>60533388
>>60533402
This, you get what you paid for
>>
>>60533402
(You)
>>
>>60533409
yiff in hell furfag
>>
>>60533413
>>60533402
Is there a consensus on the best to worst manufacturers?

This card was the only one available when I bought it so I didn't have a choice. I won't explain the whole situation but I didn't want to wait a few weeks by ordering it online so I went to a store.
>>
>>60533565
Asus = Gigabyte > MSI = EVGA > Zotac
>>
>>60533589
i've seen more asus product die early than gigabyte
>>
>>60533565
Some brands are consistently shit, see Zotac. Others fluctuate depending on the generation/cooler.
Asus is always pretty good on Nvidia, but was absolute shit on the R9 200s for AMD. Apparently they're back to being good again with the RX 400s and 500s.
Just do your research beforehand.
>>
>>60533605
They're both good, the = means they are in the same tier.
>>
>>60533235
rare.
>>60533589
>ASUS that high
Enjoy your no warranty.
>>
File: 1494295543206.jpg (127KB, 1277x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1494295543206.jpg
127KB, 1277x1056px
>>60533402
>>
>>60533840
no warranty is needed when nothing breaks, enjoy using your warranty every few months
>>
>>60533235
Here are some tips for a happy GPU.

-Get a good quality PSU
-Make sure cards gets enough air flow
-Pray to the gods of silicone lottery

You keep praying to the Gods of silicone lottery and still get burned? Then buy a BEEFED up factory overclocked GPU and underclock/undervolt that bitch to normal clocks, this will have the obvious benefit of having all those high quality components not being strained at all, thus prolonging their lifespan even more and making the GPU never exceeding comfy zone.
>>
I just RMAed my 1080 FE to them. I got it in July of last year - so it's been a little under a year.

They were really easy to work with and so far so good. My RMA unit should be leaving them today.
>>
>>60534553
Does it reset the warranty time if you get a new card?
>>
>>60535031
No, they send you a refurbished one as the replacement as well.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.