[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there light and good looking DE that looks good out of box?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: xfce.png (386KB, 1510x930px) Image search: [Google]
xfce.png
386KB, 1510x930px
Is there light and good looking DE that looks good out of box?

I have xubuntu with xfce 4.10 and xubuntu-restricted-extras and it looks ugly.

I am not sure what make is soo ugly. Looks like it lack finishing works.

Fonts are ugly despite M$ fonts. Maybe lack of smoothing.

Do I have to install some shit from third sources to make my DE aesthetic?

I have old pc and it will not run new kde smooth.
>>
>>60532386
I have a 5 year old laptop and kde runs perfectly.
>>
>>60532386
Try MATE
>>
>>60532403
I have 6yo netbook with amd e-350 and 4gb ram.
>>
Try MATE with the Numix theme and icons. If want a modern look with modern effects, you'll need a modern pc.
>>
>>60532423
MATE is buggy shit
>>
budgie my dude
>>
>>60532515
K-Kevin?
>>
>>60532386
thinking about this too, because unity kinda lags on muh x220.
Is lxde good? I like those hotkeys on unity though and I know that they are not pre configured on lxde and I dont want to go through the hassle setting everything myself ;_;
>>
>>60532536
I heard that ram usage difference between lxde and xfce is so small that if you are not running some ancient tier pc then its better to go with xfce
>>
>>60532386
KDE Plasma
>>
>>60532386
Why does it have to look good out of the box?
>>
>>60532403
>kde runs perfectly.

nicely mem'd
>>
>>60532386
If you are too stupid to install some themes, icons and fonts etc. you should switch back to Windows XP
>>
>>60532386
You shouldn't be allowed to post on /g/ without basic ricing knowledge.
>>
>>60532496
Then use Openbox. 80% of the stuff related to the desktop experience is buggy shit in Linux.
>>
>>60532403
AMD A4 with radeon HD 6480G from 2011 and it runs flawlessly.
>>
>>60532496
Elaborate please
>>
is screen tearing an nvidia issue? i've only tried kubuntu and xubuntu but both had this issue with it.
>>
>>60532386
GNOME

Lacking in features but it looks the nicest out of the box imo
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.