[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to get into software engineering as a Business student;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1354456627587366398.jpg (98KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
1354456627587366398.jpg
98KB, 750x937px
Looking to get into software engineering as a Business student; will following a conversion Msc in Computer Science at a top institution like Imperial/UCL enable me to get a job in this sector?
>>
Depends if you're a big fat looser or not. I'd rather hire someone with an ok degree who I don't want to murder after a week.
>>
>>60532318
Muh time to decide on what I want to pick as a masters is approaching, what you'd really say mate
>>
>>60532341
MSc in computing science is what I have and I have a good jov
>>
>>60532359
Cool out of interest; what do you do and how much do you earn? Did you also follow a conversion Msc?
>>
>>60532359
More importantly, do you enjoy your job and the potential job possibilities you have?
>>
>>60532413
>>60532432
I converted from a garbage degree, earn £60k. I'm a software development consultant.

Love my job, get to do what I like and use whatever tech I like. Pretty sure I could earn a lot more on my own now I have my name out there.
>>
>>60532709
Hey nice good to see it worked out for you! Did you simply use your conversion degree when you applied to show your CS knowledge or also something else?
>>
>>60532280
hey babe, wanna fug?
>>
>>60532789
Used my cs degree, plus the fact that I got the degree while working full time. The stuff I learnt in my first job I taught myself.
>>
>>60532820
loren pas enjoy

>>60532902
Nice! Is Edx a good place to learn CS basics?
>>
>>60533360
Maybe to learn the basics, but it won't count for anything
>>
Did the conversion masters at UCL last year......turned down my offer from Imperial for the same course.

Best decision I made
>>
>>60533360
This is good, prob the best edx software track
https://www.edx.org/micromasters/software-development

It's free obviously but if you pay for the certs you can transfer the credits to a MSc
>If a learner applies for admission to the Master of Science (Computer Science) program at Curtin University, and is accepted, the MicroMasters credential will count towards 25% (or 100 credits of the 400 credits) of the coursework required for graduation in the Curtin program.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.