[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /g/ I recovered this stolen iPhone. Retards smashed it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170522_082927.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170522_082927.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Sup /g/ I recovered this stolen iPhone.

Retards smashed it and ditched it in a field after I remotely locked it.
I tracked it with find my iPhone and got it back.

Anybody ever do this?
>>
>>60531069
Why the fuck would they smash it?
How was it stolen?
>>
>>60531069
If you need the data, replace the screen, then unlock.
>>
>>60531148
Not sure how it was stolen, it's a company phone.
They smashed it because they are fucking dumb I guess
>>
Display is easy to replace
>>
>>60531216
unclock*
>>
>>60531148
They were probably niggers.
>>
>>60531240
>They smashed it because they are fucking dumb I guess
They saved you from a shit phone, fâm
>>
>>60531278
How is it a shit phone when I can literally get them for $0.99 from Verizon and I can remotely manage them with an MDM, unlike shit Android.

>>60531216
>>60531242
Exactly, had they done anything else, I wouldn't have been able to find it
>>
These iPhone displays are piss easy to replace. It's all a single module, and it's screwed, not glued.
>>
>>60531275
Not in this area, most likely Hispanics...
It is possible though I guess.
I have their house address too, but last time I confronted people over stolen company property, HR was pissed.
>>
yeah I smash iphones all the time

lol retards keep buying em :^)
>>
>>60531352
Yes. It's screwed on. Up until the iphone 4. Then it's glued on with industrial grade super glue so if you try to take it apart, you'll probably fuck it up, void the warranty, and be offered to buy a new one.
>>
>>60531240
If its a company phone, bring it to the tech department and explain what happened, they should give you a replacement. You should know this about the company you work for.
>>
>>60531573
Bs, iPhone 4s are fucking retarded to take apart, you have to pull the battery, main board, everything.

5/5s is easy, but 5c is the easiest overall.
>>
File: sage.jpg (19KB, 395x404px) Image search: [Google]
sage.jpg
19KB, 395x404px
>applel
>phoneposters
>>
>>60531609
I am the tech department.
>>
>>60531329
>what is Android Device Management
>>
>>60531737
Then follow guidelines that your superior has assigned you to.
>>
>>60531069
come on jamal
>>
>>60531927
You must be loads of fun at parties
>>
>>60531957
Fuck off back to r*ddit
>>
>>60531511
Can you inform the police, or would they just tell you to fuck off?
>>
>>60531927
I make the guidelines, I already replaced the screen and deployed it back to the employee.
>>
any of you tech goons know any activation exploits?
>>
>>60531982
The police were informed of the address, but last time, I went and interrogated them myself with three others. Using the information from that time, they did make an arrest, but on unrelated activities.

This time around, I was on my own and didn't have my AR with me, so ehh. Probably nothing will happen.
>>
>>60532046
time to close the thread then.
People who realize theyve stolen a tracking device usually try to break it and dump it out of fear for getting caught.
>>
this is the new version of treasure hunting.

you steal someone's iphone and hide it somewhere and let that person go looking for it

bonus point if you are gonna scare them at the spot, rob them mat the spot, harm them at the spot, or even just for lulz and bring it all away to the other side of the world and see if they are desperate enough to travel there to get it

keeping it on and taking pictures that sync to their icloud account to taunt them is fun too haha
>>
>>60532109
I wish this happened, it would be amazing.
>>
>>60532109
Bury it near a tombstone and then make an anonymous tip to the police about a suspected grave robber.
>>
>>60532201
This was almost as bad because it was in some private land off a road a bit, and there were people on site.
It usually raises some questions when you get some guy in khakis walking around with a laptop in a freshly turned field.
The bastards left it on silent too, so I was just taking GPS coordinations until I narrowed it down to a small area and walked till I found it sticking out of some dirt.
>>
>>60531511
Spics are dumb but they're smart enough to pawn off electronics even if they can't access. Niggers with their ape-like impulse control are far more likely to smash it.
>>
>>60532494
>spics are smart
Ahahahahaha. What really happened was the pawn shop wouldn't buy the phone from them so they went trash it instead, specifically to "teach you a lesson" about locking your phone.
>>
>>60531329
>implying the phone is actually 99 cents
>>
File: ayy.jpg (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
45KB, 600x800px
what a fucking coincidence

*ahem*

>same, me too thanks

>>60531329
>How is it a shit phone when I can literally get them for $0.99 from Verizon and I can remotely manage them with an MDM, unlike shit Android.

t. apple shill
>>
>>60531855
an useless ripoff
you can go into android recovery mode and POOF, it disappears
>>
one last bump for this pathetic thread
>>
>>60532630
It is 99¢, and the total charges including tax and shipping comes to $31.50
It also brings a eligible line under another contract for 2 years, but my company plans on being a company for a bit longer, so that will not cost anything.
>>
>>60531069
give it back, Jamal
>>
>>60532648
>what is factory reset protection
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.