[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i gave my pc the go ahead to update last night and awoke this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 20170522_210929.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170522_210929.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
So i gave my pc the go ahead to update last night and awoke this morning to a blank monitor whenever i tried to boot up. The bios would come up but then the screen would loose any inputs. My graphics card was shutting off for some reason. I booted in safe mode and this messages pops up telling me its installing the update or some shit.

Wtf happened? Should i just uninstall that update or hope that its sorted itself out now?
>>
>>60528396
>current state of Windows
>>
you should uninstall win10
>>
You probably have some shitty old hardware lol its ok. We dont want poorfags in the windows 10 masterrace
>>
Microdick has encrypted your PC
>>
>>60528396
hover out your graphics card
>>
It's probably installing the Win 10 Creators update.
>>
>wangblows
>TV
>dish on couch
>feet by dish
lol
just lol
>>
File: 1495325170347.jpg (65KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
1495325170347.jpg
65KB, 626x626px
>>60528396
Switch to Linux and restrict that garbage OS to a VM.

>>60528519
>hardware is more than a couple of years old
>"lol just buy another one"
Might as well buy Apple shit.
>>
>>60528800

Define couple of years.

I mean, my previous CPU, i5-750 was 6 years old and I was not surprised to hear that Win10 dont support it.
>>
One reason I use Windows and not Linux is stability.
>>
>>60528841
I have Debian running smoothly on 12 year old hardware right now and Winshit 10 doesn't support something half as old? How do Winniggers even compete?

>>60528876
Linux is known for stability. Why do you think it's used for servers, hospital equipment, and micro controllers in manufacturing machines.
>>
>>60528910

If somebody have enough free time to ensure that their OS will support obsolete hardware, then I wont stop them. Rest go ahead.

At the same time you might argue that DOS-era PCs should be able to handle newest operating systems and its the OS devs fault when they dont.
>>
File: 1494854711005.jpg (1MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1494854711005.jpg
1MB, 2048x2048px
>>60529062
>>>60528910 (You)
>If somebody have enough free time to ensure that their OS will support obsolete hardware, then I wont stop them. Rest go ahead.

It's as easy as driver support and not intentionally blacklisting hardware to try and get idiots to buy new stuff.

>At the same time you might argue that DOS-era PCs should be able to handle newest operating systems and its the OS devs fault when they dont.

I have my original computer that I built in 1999 and that runs Debian too. Not well, but it does work.

Stop making excuses for big companies to buttfuck you. It should be up to the customer to decide when they upgrade their hardware.
>>
>>60529127

Its almost like hearing excuses when people bashed MS and devs for "forcing" XP, when Windows 98 was "soo good and still running perfectly".
>>
>>60528800
>"lol just buy another one"
No you fucking retard, install a win version that's meant for your hw.
>>
>>60529171
Software is not hardware. Stop goalpost shifting.

But forcing anyone to update if they don't want to is wrong. That's why I don't use Windows 10.
>>
>>60529182
>"nobody stops you from using the obsolete software, it just has a million security holes"
Hello Apple.
>>
>>60529062
>If somebody have enough free time to ensure that their OS will support obsolete hardware, then I wont stop them. Rest go ahead.

Usually all they have to do to ensure obsolete hardware is supported is, you know, not remove or block the support on purpose.

And hey, in the case of Microsoft, they actually go out of their way to make sure something is blocked from working. So it's the other way around. Like the whole thing with Win 7/8 users on Kaby Lake chips not being able to update their OS.
>>
>>60529204

Usually. But in case of such company, they can really place bet on "it MIGHT work" and instead block things they dont have time/resources to test properly. Win7 dont install from USB on Skylake and in theory shouldnt work on that CPUs. When I plugged HDDs with Win7 using sysprep command, it worked without problems on i7-6700k CPU. Its not like it dont work - its just that they didnt check if it WILL work. And MS tried to cut down support for older OSes in order to save money - segmentation is one of their serious problems in that matter, which is one of the reasons why Win10 was offered as free upgrade for limited time (didnt work exactly how they planned tho - while in case of gaming machines, according to Steam survey, around 50% of users use Win10 of some sort, in case of overall PCs using Windows, 10 still have much lower usage).

>>60529187

Oh, you are not forced. I would still happily use Windows 7 if I didnt had to do clean install. My mother still use XP and grandfather either 98 or XP. You just have to keep in mind that other devs moves on as well and newest versions of various software might not work on older OS for the same reason as listed in first part of my post. But such is the cost of using old software.

Actually, my 7 did wanted to upgrade to 10, despite the CPU being listed as no longer supported. Funny enough, it would probably still work despite that. Or maybe encounter errors that MS didnt check, because they came with logical conclusion that there is no point in optimizing newest iteration of their OS line with hardware that cant even be bought at shops since few years.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.