[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you grow out of gaming? For me, it was a few years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

When did you grow out of gaming?

For me, it was a few years ago. Newer games need internet access, can't easily torrent (now that torrent sites are being taken down and activators are not effective anymore).
>>
I feel sorry for people who grow up, childhood is one of the most happy and fun times
>>
Never, I still take out my NES now and then to play some Kirby, and the PS2 to fuck around in GTA:SA
>>
>>60521443
This. While I definitely grew out of always trying to buy the latest call of dooty and gaylo and gayming console, I'll still occasionally throw up an emulator and play some classics from NES - N64/PS1

For me it was DLC, microtransactions, and the overall lower quality of games compared to the 90's and mid 2000's.
>>
>>60521402
Maybe getting a job and some disposable income will rekindle your spirits.

I usually end up buying some new hardware that gets me back into it, Vive/Wheel & Pedals/New GPU. don;t think i'll ever not enjoy gaming, even is its just some casual shit
>>
>>60521402
That's called "being dead inside" not "growing out of".
>>
>>60521893
I still find games that I love but could never afford good peripherals for my favorite games like IL2. Now that I am getting a big boy job maybe I will pick up a nice HOTAS setup with a Vive
>>
>>60521402
I bought a ps3 this year, since they went down in price so much. Been playing ps1 and ps2 games, it's great.
>>
>>60521402
2011 when i was 14. from that moment on i stuck to forums and message boards a few years later.

i wish i stuck with the vidya
>>
>>60521402
A few years ago I sort of just lost the ability to enjoy games. It's not like I don't want to enjoy them, I have an ever growing backlog, but I can't get over the urge to quit a few minutes in.
>>
>>60521934
i'd skip the vive and get a hotas and a few extra monitors, maybe even a button box and one of those sim racing chassis convertered into a cockpit.
>>
>>60521402
I'm disappointed with the quality of modern games, but I still like to play. My problem isn't growing out of it, it's my standards have become high and I have played so much that it is hard to wow me in a lot of ways so I'm picky and find it hard to start a game or be convinced to try them out.
>>
>>60522182
Same. All PC games now are either too console, or buggy early access garbage that will never finish.
>>
>>60521893
>Maybe getting a job and some disposable income will rekindle your spirits.
I have a job and a fiance. Why do you think those are required to waste 50 bucks to buy a video game?
>>
>>60522294
I never asked for your marital status, i don't see how that's relevant. But whatever.

What makes you think you are wasting it? It's an entertainment product, a pretty good value one at that. The fact that you torrent these games makes me think you are of lower income, just an observation, no offence intended.
>>
>>60521402
Ever since I was 12, I was searching about hardware and software related stuff.

I'm 23 years old and I didn't stop. I constantly seek for better hardware or software solutions and I rarely game. But when I game, I don't stop. Why? Because you must be a moronic monotonic insecure retard to think that you should grow out of gaming at any point in your life.
>>
>>60522499
>23
Too young for this thread
>>
i replaced gaming with watching airing anime maybe two years ago, that said though i still play dota/some dark souls/roguelikes every once and a while, just started playing old school runescape but i did all the f2p stuff

just dont force it anon it'll come back
>>
I still enjoy playing my Luigi's Mansion and the likes on my GameCube, but other than that I can't seem to get myself back into gaming.
>>
>>60521402
When I started university the last game I played was Nier after an adamant recommendation from a friend at work.

The last game before that was GTA V.
>>
>>60521402
>When did you grow out of gaming?
Never and will never stop, gaming a fine hobby.
Sysadmin the day, raid leader at night this won't change anytime soon.
>>
Never really grew out of it just narrowed my pool of games i play and i don't feel the need to really upgrade my setup etc anymore. Just play HoI4 and Starcraft Broodwar and thats pretty comfy
>>
>>60522137
THIS, THIS, THIS!!!

Why is it anon? I cannot enjoy a game, even when I think I am.
>>
>>60522449
I think he meant it as a combined income thing.
>>
I never did. Gaming outgrew me. They call it casualization but it's more like everyone stopped making games for players to experience and started making games where the player is just a cog in an otherwise incomplete machine, chasing the big green arrow or filling up an arbitrary bar. What little is left isn't worth the botnet and hardware associated with it.
>>
>>60521402
I can't stop and I'm only 30. Slowed down, sure. I still don't feel like I've "grown up" at all. My mindset still feels the same as a high school senior/college freshman except more depressed.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.