[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frontier worse ISP in the U.S does it come close to others in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (6KB, 308x163px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6KB, 308x163px
I would like to create a list detailing Worse ISP in the States & then comparing them to worse ISP over seas as more of a information monitoring.

Example there is a claim that Americans within the states who have the ISP Frontier have a worse Service than one provided in say New Zealand.

Currently in Upstate NY I see some rumors floating about that the Company Frontier is having another issue of high Ping time, how ever last year a issue happen in Upstate with Frontier that had a internet outage for little more then a day, not to mention the issues that happen in FL after Frontier bought out some lines from Verizon.

I think Frontier is hands down the worse ISP in the U.S, what is your thoughts? I sure do think Frontier would be number 1 on a worse U.S ISP list & should rename to Lowteir considering frequent outages lasting a span of 3sec-5min hours or even a day or longer, massive throttle rendering usage unusable and several other factors way worse in the warmer months from online accounts, what is your take and what are some of the worse ISP you ever had to deal with?

Speeds for some with Frontier are often around 100kbs-500kbs, slightly more or drastically less depending on where they live how ever often they may suffer times of total down time or a time where the connection comes closer to only a couple hundred bytes to around say 20kbs a second or even worse from online accounts. .

They are quite racking up a number of lawsuits & may soon hit the fed court.

Get bored feel free to screw around with these path points frontier uses for NY. & who knows maybe they will be force to upgrade to better equipment to handle the stress of a city like Roch and the rest of the large chunk of area outside.
adr01.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net [74.42.148.35]
ae4---0.car01.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net [74.42.151.177]
ae5---0.cor01.roch.ny.frontiernet.net [74.40.4.89]
>>
Anon from earlier in the week mentioned Frontier FiOS would be upgrading to 1gbps in several cities in the next 6-18 months.

But for the most part, I agree, Frontier sucks dick.
>>
>>60520714
I have Frontier and I fucking hate it. It used to be AT&T then AT&T sold everything to Frontier. Immediately after the switch, reliability problems out the ass. I will give credit where it's due, it's gotten a LOT more reliable since. Now the most it ever goes out is once every 6 months for 15 minutes.

And all this terrible service Americans in general have is because of non-competition clauses between the companies. We should have a law like France does that FORCES ISPs to compete. We pay more for shittier internet than people in South Korea or France. It's ridiculous.
>>
I have frontier. Customer service is terrible. Like the worst I have ever seen.

It took me a good 3 weeks after the scheduled appointment date to finally get someone to lay some fiber cable down and bring my modem. They have no idea what they are doing because everything is split up and micromanaged to hell. As soon as you tell someone something on the phone they'll make up some shit and say they can't help with that because of the rules or it's another department.
>>
>>60520795
While customer service is non-existent with frontier speeds with frontier are better than at&t and cheaper. At&t fucks you with prices
>>
>>60520744

If Frontier wants my business, they better start offering 150/150 for $45/m or 1/1gig for $70.

Right now I'm paying $45 for 100/10 on Charter.

Frontier offers 50/50 for $40, 75/75 for $50 and 150/150 for $60.

Gotta go with Charter/
>>
>>60520851
From my understanding they're copying verizon's recent success in upgrading their GPON network and providing 1gbps for $69.99 a month.
>>
Frontier sucks because they have high debt loads. They bought verizon and att's business that are both in decline. Only way they can make a profit is to penny pinch.
>>
>>60520956
This, AT&T and Verizon were looking to offload their unprofitable sectors, Frontier bought it up, now AT&T and Verizon are upgrading the parts of the network they kept, getting large east coast metro areas 1gbps service, and Frontier is trying to make ends meet with the shit they bought.

Verizon actually used the money from selling their FiOS networks in FL and Cali to buy XO communications, which was a large enterprise supplier of fiber internet across the US, essentially giving Verizon a fiber backbone that stretches over 13,000 miles of fiber cabling.
>>
How has nobody mentioned Comcast yet? They've been ranked as the worst customer service in all of the US several years now.
>>
>>60520851
>he has 2 choices

man I wish I had more than fucking TWC. TWC is the only one in my area and I'm paying 45 dollars for 15/1. This shit breaks every day at like 4-8pm and you can't use it because its constantly being bogged down. I call and complain at least once a week and NOTHING gets down
>>
>>60521056
I can't give comcast too much shit, at least in my area they're trying to be competitive.

No data caps, and for $149.99 a month they'll drop you an SFP+ connector with a 2.2gbps down and upload provisioning, tied directly into an MX2020 edge router at their CO.

I have heard they're garbage in other parts of the country though, so I can't really speak to that.
>>
>>60520714
I have Frontier and get 25/25. There's been a couple notable outages after major storms but overall it's been fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.