[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck do old people suck at technology? >son the speakers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 18

File: 1430276134338.jpg (123KB, 1024x886px) Image search: [Google]
1430276134338.jpg
123KB, 1024x886px
why the fuck do old people suck at technology?

>son the speakers are broken!

"mom the volume is all the way down"

every fucking day with this horseshit. what the fucking fuck???
>>
Just he patient and help your parents, asshole
>>
>>60519094
Be nice to your elders, faggot.
>>
>>60519094
Give man a fish...
>>
>>60519094
They didn't grow up with it.

Now explain why millennials are also shit with technology.....
>>
>>60519094
Have a little respect for your elders you faggot.
>>
>>60519094
The part of your brain that is responsible for learning slows down as you age. They're becoming physically unable to understand things they didn't grow up with.
>>
>>60519094
respect your fucking elders, faggot.
>>
>>60519140
But my little Noah knows his iPad inside and out - soon you'll be asking him for help!
>>
>>60519114
Exhibit behavior that signals due respect towards the persons who relate to you as parents do to their offspring, son of an illegal sex worker.
>>
>>60519094
I'm not sure this will be as big of an issue in the future, with people having grown up immersed in technology. That the thing with old people nowadays, they didnt grow up needing to know these basics in order to function
>>
File: 1495187431708.gif (5KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
1495187431708.gif
5KB, 200x175px
>>60519168
>iPad is hard to use
>>
>>60519188
You have fucking no idea.
>ayy i can use my iPhone so i am good with technology
They will be fucking hopeless.
>>
File: 1469516416974.jpg (128KB, 640x510px) Image search: [Google]
1469516416974.jpg
128KB, 640x510px
>>60519140
>millennials
>>
File: 1491416178079.png (53KB, 887x560px) Image search: [Google]
1491416178079.png
53KB, 887x560px
>>60519238
>tfw programming will always be paid well
thank you based tech illiterate normies
>>
>>60519238
kek I've been browsing 4chan for 10 years and it's only on /g/ that I feel like a complete normie. It's hard work not to be a technology pleb man, even at 22. Hard to know where to begin past windows-pleb and repairing xboxes.
>>
>>60519108
This desu, stop acting like such a little shit OP, when you're older there'll be new things you don't understand how to use.
>>
>>60519168
This shit pisses me off way more than incompetent boomers asking for help

People who think their kid is gonna be hot shit because they can install bloated adware on their fucking iPad are just the worst. Your kid is going to be just as dumb as you, but just a little more entitled.
>>
lmao, all these people saying help your parents...they dont know SHIT.

Every fucking day, you explain to them. double click here, raise the bar. But they don't listen. Not because they're "unable to learn" I see them learning how to do new shit every fucking day. The REAL reason they will never fix their own shit is because they know you'll be right there to wipe and powder their ass everytime they fart.

Fuck old people. I don't give a fuck who you raised or how much shit you did. Clicking on a speaker and scrolling the scroll wheel is not difficult.

My parents laptop even has DEDICATED GLOWING HARDWARE BUTTONS for volume with pictures and text

there is no fucking excuse.
>>
protip: kids now don't know shit about computers, either
gone are the days when you needed to know how your machine worked at at least some technical level just to do anything on it

http://www.coding2learn.org/blog/2013/07/29/kids-cant-use-computers/
>>
>>60519094
>>60519442

ITT: underage assblasted kids mad because mommy and daddy interrupted their video gaymez asking for help

Quit being spoiled brats and help your parents
>>
>>60519442
Maybe they like the interaction with you? I know it's hard for your autism-addled brain to comprehend, but it's possible they just like spending time with you, even if you are a spoiled entitled little shit head.
>>
>>60519168
>>60519197
>>60519387

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G9QIIvSpzE
>>
Lack of interest. Most don't give a shit about anything else other than using apps on their phones or using the web browser on their laptop. Knowing anything beyond that makes you a nerd.
>>
File: 1484266703473.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484266703473.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>60519340
It's not that it's hard, the answers to most problems are right in sight.
It's about the mindset.

>"I did this thing that i always do but this time it didn't work, please help."
vs
>"Hmm, this doesn't look right better google what's wrong."
>"Ok, it's this thing that's wrong i just need to click a few more things."

Most of the computer people don't know shit.
Searching for answers is the most important skill.

If most people had half a brain instead of the quarter, we would have no need for tech support.
I don't like it at all when people pretend to be retarded.

>>60519510
bad bait
>>
>>60519570
How is a MDE video bait
>>
>>60519094
Look on the bright side, you provide them a service so they don't kick you out.
>>
>>60519094
All they have is spare time, yet not of them are remotely interested in learning anything technical.
>>
>>60519094
why the fuck do young people suck at taxes?
>moooom where do I get the tax forms
"it's online honey"
every fucking year with this horseshit. what the fucking fuck???
>>
>>60519442
they don't want a solution
they want to talk to you
>>
>>60519442
Now you know how frustrated your parents feel every time they tell you to go get a job. :^)
>>
>>60519155
I respect those who earned it.
Not dying doesn't mean shit anymore.
>>
>>60519705
>muh feels

kiss yourself faggot, people like you slow down everyone else
>>
File: 1490457220907.png (11KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
1490457220907.png
11KB, 411x387px
>>60520508
>kiss yourself faggot
>>
File: 1479179997382.jpg (10KB, 208x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479179997382.jpg
10KB, 208x300px
>>60520508
Spoken like a true edgy 14 year old

>kiss yourself faggot
>>
>>60519442

Agreed kinda. I try to explain to my mum that I'm just going to Google the problem. When she says that it's just quicker for me to do it I try to explain that I'm not always going to be there. Plus I'm asocial towards family and a shit son
>>
>>60519320
My sister in law does this. Embarrassing as hell.
>>
File: weapon_brown.png (76KB, 220x226px) Image search: [Google]
weapon_brown.png
76KB, 220x226px
>>60519094
Future you is disappoint, son.
>>
File: computer-beavis.gif (339KB, 492x376px) Image search: [Google]
computer-beavis.gif
339KB, 492x376px
>>60519094
I remember working in IT and having to deal with stupid shit like "fixing" a "broken" wireless mouse. The batteries had died, so the employee put new batteries in. But oh no! Now it won't come on at all!

Solution: The new AA batteries were put in backwards.

Saying people suck at technology is true but it's part of a bigger problem. A lot (dare I say most) people nowadays lack basic critical thinking skills. They just never developed them I guess.

Because of this I'm totally on the board with idea of everyone learning how to code, because at least it will teach basic logic and problem solving to the masses.
>>
>>60519094
Did Caillou wake up in the fucking Nazi regime or who is this supposed to be
>>
>>60519570
>Searching for answers is the most important skill.
Needing search engines is a sign of mental retardation, if anything. Not only that but such dependency in a professional environment give you excuses to not to learn the architecture of whatever you are working on, resulting in tons of wasted time therefore less productivity in critical situations (a practical example - a sysadmin bringing an entire website back up).
>>
>>60519094
>>60519108

Eh, after a few times just say "if I keep doing it for you, you'll never learn." They may be upset, but I haven't fixed the same issue again.
>>
>>60521679
>teach basic logic

You can't teach people logic. Full stop.
>>
>>60519152
That's why you should never stop challenging yourself with new things. The moment you settle is when the part of the brain responsible for learning starts atrophying and you'll never get it back.
>>
File: 1330488839303.png (152KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1330488839303.png
152KB, 500x282px
>>60521679
>The new AA batteries were put in backwards.
>>
>>60519762
>using the smiley with the carat nose
>>
>>60519140
>Now explain why millennials are also shit with technology.....
If you're so sure millennials are also shit with technology, explain my existence
>>
>>60521679
So you think that most people who lived in the middle ages were sharp thinkers?
>>
>>60519114
Respect is earned, not automatically given. I don't give a shit if you're 3, 13, 33 or 83, if you're a cunt, you're a cunt, and unless you can arrest me or get me fired, I'm not going to give you respect you don't deserve.
>>
>>60519094
Stop being a dick anon. Help them
>>
>>60519496
>>60519508
>>60519705
Confirmed for special snowflakes who've never had to help their parents with their electronics.
>>
>>60523218
Yes, okay, but what if you aren't a cunt. If an old person sucks at technology, but respects others, they've earned your respect by respecting you and others. So respect them.
That is how you earn respect, by the way. How much respect your respect is worth depends on how much respect you give and how universally you give it, and nothing else. Your merit in any particular field is irrelevant.
>>
>>60523287
Anybody who has had a child is a cunt.
>>
>>60523298
>Anybody who has had a child is a cunt.
If this is a reflection of how much respect you give and how universally you give it, then clearly your respect is not worth much respect. So I don't see why any old person would be interested in it.
>>
>>60523287
If an old person who I know well isn't a cunt, then no shit I'm going to help them. I help my parents because I love them and they'd good. However, if someone who doesn't have any authority over me acts like a piece of shit and talks down to me, then no, I'm not going to help them or respect them, because they haven't done anything to deserve it.

I'm not into this 'turn the other cheek' bullshit. If you act like a turbocunt, don't be surprised if I'm not going to help you with your problems. Check your fucking attitude, come back, and then we can get to work.
>>
>>60523309
Old people who have not had children are worthy of the utmost respect.
>>
File: boomers.jpg (267KB, 968x634px) Image search: [Google]
boomers.jpg
267KB, 968x634px
>>60519094
I know right, these fucking retarded assholes LITERALLY seen it bloom, the first radio, first TV, first everything and yet still FUCKING RETARDS about all of it.

They should be the ones teaching us how to use them, not the reverse. They have ZERO excuse to be this ignorant

They piss me off and retain nothing, always have to repeat

Worst generation in history in every aspects
>>
File: 1481520266781.gif (1MB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1481520266781.gif
1MB, 500x364px
>>60521984
>Anon what's wrong with the website?
>It'll be back in about 4 hours, we're doing everything we can here.
>go back to playing video games
>plug server back in after 3 hours
>Good hustle, anon.
>Thanks boss.
>>
legit never had this problem, not even with grandparents
>>
Just build a robot that offs old people. Powered by Tensor flow neural networks.
>>
Most people are just morons, a few days in retail will confirm this and its not just old age
>>
>>60519387
Kek. Nice post anon
>>
>>60523370
>If an old person who I know well isn't a cunt, then no shit I'm going to help them. I help my parents because I love them and they'd good. However, if someone who doesn't have any authority over me acts like a piece of shit and talks down to me, then no, I'm not going to help them or respect them, because they haven't done anything to deserve it.
Sure, that seems like a well adjusted policy, but where the hell does the assumption come from that they're going to act like a piece of shit and talk down to you. It seems like you're taking a generally militant stance toward the issue and I'm just not understanding why. In your world, why is respect earned and disrespect assumed, rather than respect assumed and disrespect earned?
>>
>>60523539
> but where the hell does the assumption come from that they're going to act like a piece of shit and talk down to you
That's not my assumption. I treat people pretty casually until they act like shit. That's what I'm saying. If someone comes up to me and is just like 'Hey dude this thing isn't working, can you have a look?', I'll likely say sure because it's not a problem. But if someone thinks they already know their shit and they're 'too lazy' to fix it and just expect me to do it for free because 'I'm that friend who's good with computers', they can either take a fucking hike, or buy me a six-pack or something.
>>
>>60523539
>where the hell does the assumption come from that they're going to act like a piece of shit and talk down to you
he said "if"

>why is respect earned and disrespect assumed
respect isn't something that can be "assumed"
you're thinking of good will/intention
>>
so /g/, which do you dislike most out of;
a. people who expect free tech support from you
b. people who ask for help but don't like your answer (assuming a valid and reasonable answer)
c. people who blame you for an unrelated issue down the track after you helped them with something
>>
>>60523641
Or d. Person who expects help, doesn't like the answer and blames you for all future problems
>>
>>60523641
A. It would be C. but I shoot them down before this can ever occur.
I do help some people out but they revere me as some kind of mystical computer witch and never question my judgement.
>>
>>60519094
A combination of several factors.
1. Impatience
2. Fear at breaking something

It does not depend on age group, but at willingness to spend time and explore technology.
I have used computers since I was a kid, and as a kid I explored them throughly.

You can't expect the same thing from somebody who hasn't given themselves the freedoms and the patience to do that.
>>
>>60519140
>millenials
Aren't most tech people in their mid 30's? Earliest millenials were born around 1980 you know.
>>
>>60523641

Most people are all of the above.
So hard to say.
>>
>>60519094
>why the fuck do old people suck at technology?
because there are more of them and you're simply exposed to more opportunities to see their failure. Find a tech person who's been at it for 30+ years and leech as much knowledge as you can from them. Note: if you do find some ultra senior dev thats still down in the trenches 30 years in, be prepared for that person to be a general bitter asshole.
>>
>>60519094
>respect
>your
>older selfs
>fagit
>>
>>60524249
>Aren't most tech people in their mid 30's? Earliest millenials were born around 1980 you know.
if you're going by numbers alone, most tech people are whatever the average population of India and the Philippines happens to be right now.
>>
>>60519094
>living with your parents

If you don't like it, then get out?
>>
>>60519510
This is perfect.
>"Yeah lil Johnny really knows how to work the iPad, kids these days are so good with technology!"
>"My boy had our new computer set up in like 15 minutes, he's the next Bill Gates!"

People learn how to use what they need to. Kids today would have very little idea how to run a farm, operate a TRS-80, or tune an antenna on a shortwave radio.
That, and UI today is so damn simple that you just need a sliver of intuition to figure it out.'

My first programming class was VB in high school, and all these same kids who could install minecraft mods and download music were clueless.
>>
>>60519510
FUCKING THIS, shit g, let me tell ya the story of how I ended in the trash I am, normally wouldn't do this when stoned and needing to sleep, bjt well...

At 9 my dad got me my first computer, can't even remember what it was because not much later I've got the first one that was actually good, since he had got it part by part, I was going to use it only after he get someone to build it, but I was so fucking exited I did it myself when alone at home, when my parents got back they where amazed, and after that, every time I did anything computer related they talked like i was a god, shit, every fucking one they knew did know of my feats, everyone asked me for help and I was glad to help, why? Because they made me think I was really something. Years passed, life followed, I'm just a normal normies who can't actually do shit, exactly as described in the video, I work repairing notebooks for almost nothing, my father who leaved my family and cut contact works with me, since he was in the shit and have a lie problem, my boss accepted him to work here, after I beg for him. My mother treats my like her biggest deception, even my brothers being in not really greater conditions, the problem is: she thought I'd be rich, since I was so good with computers, but I live at a friend's house just because he felt depressed living alone, can't even really pay for food. I hate my life so much, I have no idea what to do with it, it all sucks.

Good night g, love you all.
>>
>>60523641
I hate C the most. I had a friend who blamed me for breaking his fucking Playstation 2 SIX YEARS after it happened. I only soldered a few wires to a circuit board. The area I soldered wasn't anywhere near the semiconductors and I've already warned him about the dangers of heat damage.

He was a fucking idiot beyond help. Literally everything he broke, he completely forgets about it very quickly then blame on other people. When the Xbox came out, he tried to mod it, but he was too stupid to even follow instructions online on how to solder the whatever shit he was trying to solder and ended breaking his Xbox. Instead of admitting his mistake, he blamed it on the person who wrote the online instructions.
>>
>>60524659
The reality is that you just don't have any skills. Not that you're especially retarded or anything.

Skills don't come on their own. Learn programming/networking/web development, and then you'll be in demand.
Nobody needs a guy who can do basic PC repair, companies just have contracts for replacements. They do need people who can run services and networks.
>>
>>60519140
>They didn't grow up with it.
speakers as they are now have existed for at least a century and they operate in the same way
>>
>>60524953
They want people skills more than they want real skills. Not him, but got the qualifications and never got the jobs.
>>
>>60525309
Yes and no.
You can't be a socially inept autist, but I work with some pretty damn awkward motherfuckers.
If you're doing low level stuff like helpdesk or client tech, then yeah, social skills are important since it doesn't take too much real skill.

Big boy jobs like net engineer or programmer are skill based. You might get hired with a charismatic smile, but you won't stay for long if you are inept.
>>
>>60523641
d. People unwilling to learn. Anything. Whatever you put down they refuse to pick up and reapply to the situation at hand and repeatedly fall back to you.
>>
>>60519136
On one hand, this. On the other hand, you could be dealing with people like my dad. People who insist on learning how to fish but cannot because of their egos. All of you who've taught tech to your parents probably have encountered this:

>Anon, I need to accomplish this task and I dont know how. I need you to show me how so I can do it by myself next time
> alright, dad, here's what seems to be the prob-
>it can't be that, Anon! It has to be [insert something retarded]
>No, that doesn't make sense, here let me just show you
>DONT TOUCH ME OR MY CONPUTER EVAR AGAIN I NEED TO LEARN I WILL FIGURE IT OUT RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>60519568
This. My dad thinks computers are nothing but web browsers. A computer that isn't connected to the internet is broken to him. The only thing he does online is browse Facebook and Craigslist. And watch tractor demonstrations on YouTube.
>>
>>60524249
And how old are people born in 1980, anon?
>>
My dad is like 55 and he's pretty smart with technology.
He was a mechanic for 30+ years and somehow technology in general just clicks with him
>>
I think the simple answer is that "They didn't grow up with computers etc."

but I still wonder if this is really the case; I feel it could also be that most people are just fucking lazy and don't want to learn shit (aka most normies).

just my two cents
>>
>>60519094

My mom never used computers but recently I replaced her flip phone for a smartphone and she's surprisingly working her way around it without any help.
>>
>>60522008
The issue is still there they just now realise you're an unhelpful cunt, dickhead.
>>
>>60519108
This. They're old, OP. Imagine in 50-60 years time when you can't work the holographic masterset and your grandkids are upset because you dared to ask for help.

Don't be a cunt.
>>
>>60527178
>implying OP will have kids
>>
>>60519140
>They didn't grow up with it.
Tech was harder when they were younger, they should be explaining shit to young people.
They have no excuse.
>>
>>60519140
>grow up using dos computers and connecting to the internet with text browsers
>Can't figure out how to use smartphones or any browser other than internet explorer
really makes you think
>>
>>60519094
Because as you get older dendrite branches take awhile as well as ltp to memorize new shit, the older you live the closer to Parkinson's you get.
>>
>>60519094
I'm looking forward to a future where most people are technology literate and technology sort of stabilizes for a while. Before the industrial revolution this wasn't a problem for people.
>>
>all these cunts pretending that parents want to have some interaction with you by having you fix their shit
Imagine you were a plumber and they purposely ate prunes and laxatives just to have an excuse to talk to you
>>
you have to teach people how to teach themselves and reassure them they can't break things easily and they can experiment with it.
>>
File: augmented-reality-Augment-blog.jpg (197KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
augmented-reality-Augment-blog.jpg
197KB, 1600x1066px
>>60519094
Anon, when you're older and you have kids, you'll probably won't understand or adapt to new technologies they'll grow up with and the next generation will have the same complaints. Every generation experiences this. It's apart of getting old. My father used to always get mad when he has to tune the TV for our grandfather, who never grew up with TV, and now in his 60s, he can't even access his gmail account without me being there.
>>
File: jens.png (133KB, 1440x740px) Image search: [Google]
jens.png
133KB, 1440x740px
>>60519094
technology is fucking gay and old people are redpilled for only using as much of it as they have to

you think you're so smart and with it, but you're actually just revealing what a passive, jewified cumguzzling consumer you are
>>
>>60521984
> tons of wasted time therefore less productivity in critical situations
It's better to google out your way than give up and tell "I don't know this". Knowledge comes later, after years of practice.
>>
>>60527343
go choke down a cock old timer, just because you old pricks can't wrap your head around the alarm clock on your "apple smartphone" doesn't make those who can more of a jew than you; face it, the future you guys built cucked you hard
>>
>>60526981
So much this, but i think i also won't be able to learn new things when i will get as old as them,
My dad instead doesn't even listen to explanation, and just says "come do it again when the problom presists" thinks of himself a really knowledgeable person in every field
>>
File: Khajit no understand.jpg (8KB, 233x160px) Image search: [Google]
Khajit no understand.jpg
8KB, 233x160px
Are you ready for a real neckbeard theory?

Evolution. (hear me out)

Think about it, evolution as we know it primarily describes physical changes over tens of thousands of years. I'm not talking about growing an extra finger or a third eye here - it's about that intangible curiosity to search for a solution.

It's the tiniest facet of human intelligence that pushes new generations to look for a settings button. A lot of children born in the last decade who aren't even literate can still use tablet computers to a limited capacity. Learning that you can touch the screen of a device to operate it then adapting that knowledge to other functions (play/pause video, toggle sound, next video...) is a skill that isn't entirely universal.
You can find footage of tourists giving their phones to children in less developed countries and they'll stare at it in awe, but even after being taught to operate it in one way they don't easily relate that knowledge to having additional functions. The same can be said for older generations even after exposure to technology - not relating a function to other possibilities in a much more subtle way. If you've ever helped a friend of family member change a software setting or maybe adjust the color on a television you'll know the curios frustration of someone who doesn't seem to understand most digital technologies have multiple settings that can be changed, despite having done so before with another device. That knowledge has to be re-learned again and again until they start to adapt it.

In the past it was "Heating this meat stops it from being disgusting, I should try heating other meats" or "This shiny rock is hard, maybe this other shiny rock will also be hard". It's a minuscule part of the incredible human intelligence but relating an interaction to other possible applications is something that never needed to exist in a non-physical capacity before a few years ago. Maybe some people just aren't there yet?
>>
>>60527828
>evolution is about searching for a solution
No, it's literally throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks.
It's actually closer to the growing an eye you described, and if the 3-eyed guy survives to pass on his genes, more and more individuals will have 3 eyes
>>
>>60527977
If evolution was purely physical we wouldn't even have language.
As medicine, technology and society advance these mutations are becoming less relevant. It has never been easier to be a mentally disabled cripple and still pass on your genes to future generations who will do the same.

Obviously this hasn't been the case for long enough for it to make a noticeable difference but even as a bi-product of "bigger dicks get more chicks" people are becoming (or becoming capable of being) smarter.
>>
>>60519094
Because the technology is bad
>>
>>60527977
>>60528091

You guys are talking about evolution as a result of their environment, and a thing about the human species is it had a good habit of becoming it's own environment.
>>
>>60527828
You're talking about memes while implying that you're talking about human's evolutionvas well. While memes do mutate and evolve, they're seperate from humans' evolution. Evolution is just changing shit and seeing what works, memes are thoughts and ideas that can be spread, memes evolve by being spread and changed. The uneducated people you're talking about have just not been exposed to those memes yet.
>>
>>60528180
Both are true

>>60528188
But "memes" are a part of evolution.
Humans don't have giant talons because we can make tools to hunt for food.
We aren't hairy as fuck because we can make clothes and shelter.
Today stronger immune system isn't as relevant as they were since cancer kids can get chemo and have families instead of dying.

I'm not saying humans as a whole are becoming more proficient with using technology, but some of them are. It's probably partly coincidental since being good with an ipad has next to no effect on your physical ability to reproduce but that doesn't mean it's not happening, and because our environment is becoming less relevant these tiny predispositions have more effect on who you breed with than they used to.
>>
>>60528091
>As medicine, technology and society advance these mutations are becoming less relevant. It has never been easier to be a mentally disabled cripple and still pass on your genes to future generations who will do the same.
True
>If evolution was purely physical we wouldn't even have language
evolution is purely genetic and has fuck-all to do with language.
You could steal an newborn from the Mesopotamian civilization and put it into modern society and he would adapt perfectly.
Sure, you could account for all the eventual physical modification that occurred in the last 6000 years for things like illnesses but apart from that he has the same chance to become a productive member of society as any of the present newborns
>>
>>60519320
>>60521058
How the fuck do you carry it around? With a wheelbarrow?
>>
>>60521679
we already do the same thing by teaching math. it doesn't work
>>
>>60528468
I'm using language as an example of the evolution of intelligence.
Aside from developing the physical ability to speak language is a pretty massive achievement of intelligent development.

I don't doubt you could pluck nearly anyone from (relatively) recent human history and teach them to behave as a modern human, but go a little further back and you wouldn't have a chance.
Koko the gorilla can manage a little sign language but moving your hands to mean "sad" is still a few million years off Shakespeare.
Go back far enough and we'd have pretty similar ancestors to Koko but fast forward to present day and it's pretty clear we've developed a lot more intellectually - brain cell for brain cell we're putting them to better (or more complex) use.
>>
reactionary meme answer: stop being a brat and help your parents
real answer: boomers and gen X are cancer and can't into learning new things
>>
>>60519387
you're right but i suspect you really are projecting because you're kind of mediocre and haven't achieved much in life
>>
>>60528600
That's still all genetics.
Intelligence doesn't evolve, it's passed down, it's all a game on standing on the shoulders of giants.
The ability to speak, or having a differently structured brain is still genetics
>>
>>60519442
This, they legitimately don't want to learn.
>>
>>60523298
t. frustrated loser
>>
File: 1494494090163.png (10KB, 598x404px) Image search: [Google]
1494494090163.png
10KB, 598x404px
>>60519320
Why do people think it's acceptable to take a ~30 inch desktop computer into a coffee shop? It's not your fucking house. Leave that shit at home.
>inb4 it's their only computer
Maybe the should've used that $2000 a little more wisely. Fucking hell...

>>60521058
I hope she gets hit by a bus. She probably will due to her lack of self awareness that is shown through her use of a fucking iMac in coffee shops.
>>
>>60528640
Sure, what you learn is a product of your environment. Your capability to learn is a product of evolution, albeit on a tiny scale in this case.

What you learn can have an effect on who (or if) you breed with, not just if you are able to learn it.
As >>60528180 said, "a thing about the human species is it had a good habit of becoming it's own environment" and those shoulders of knowledge we're standing on have a very real effect on us.

They may not contribute to physically bigger brains but through intellectually selective breeding they create products superior to their individual parts.
>>
>>60527166
You realise the issue isn't that hard at all, for people who use said electronics on a daily basis it should be a fucking priority to know how everything works. I'd understand with people who never use and will never do but these cases can be ridiculous.

My dad has a smartphone for about 4 years now and he is still asking me from time to time how to send a image or video to others on Whatsapp. Sure I help him everytime but it wouldn't hurt showing a little bit of interest on the device you'd use daily.
>>
>>60519094

I don't know why people are being fags on here because I legitimately wonder the same thing as OP

Why do they have such an aversion for learning?
>>
File: 1397678787724.png (123KB, 1020x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1397678787724.png
123KB, 1020x1320px
>>60523641
B.

I deal with people like that all day as actual tech support. They ask for help, I give a solution, they then argue or refuse to do it. And even if young people are shit at computers too, it's always the old ones who refuse to follow instructions or comprehend written words if they are on a screen. I've become convinced most people over 50 are completely useless to society.
>>
>>60523641
d. all of the above
>>
File: zelda-pushing-block.jpg (29KB, 620x359px) Image search: [Google]
zelda-pushing-block.jpg
29KB, 620x359px
>>60522491
>video games help you think logically
Maybe this meme actually has some merit to it?
>>
>autisitic people have autistic parents who don't see how their kid hates fixing computers and they think it's a good way to talk with them
Really causes increased bloodflow in the brain.
>>
>>60519094 >>60519108
I used to be an asshole like OP.

But after my Mom died 3 years ago I feel guilty that I was too impatient to help my Mom with Technology.

I miss my Mom a lot. ;_;

Today I help my Dad with gratitude. My dad is now pretty savvy with Technology.

My Dad can do a lot of things Himself without my help now. Because I taught Him with Patience.

>>60519114
>Be nice to your elders.
>>
>>60528635
Wrong, when my parents started telling people I was a 'computer whiz' I took it seriously and ended up in uni
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.