[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make an intuitive control scheme for a touchscreen,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 7.png (17KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
17KB, 240x320px
How would you make an intuitive control scheme for a touchscreen, 2D, Mario-style platformer?

in b4 onscreen buttons
>>
>>60513198
divide the screen in 4 quarters

Tap bottom left to move left
Tap bottom right to move right
Tap upper right to jump
Tap upper left for attack or whatever.
>>
onscreen buttons

neural input
>>
Eye tracking for movment, with touch anywhere for jump
>>
>>60513228
Pretty stupid desu, you're going to be obstructing the view to the game constantly and also traveling around like crazy

>>60513264
>eye tracking
>intuitive
Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad
>>
tilt for direction input
shake along the x/y/z axis for button inputs

can be played onehanded with gloves and all inputs are independent from each other and can be "pressed" simulataneously
>>
>>60513296
>tilt and shake controls
Go home Nintendo you're drunk
>>
1) give up
2) use an attachable hardware controller

there is a reason why even nintendo cant come up with a better control scheme than auto-running

TOUCH CONTROLS DO NOT WORK FOR GAMES

PS: Puzzles are not games
>>
>>60513320
Lies
>>
>>60513320
>PS: Puzzles are not games
fuck off retard.
>>
>>60513462
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game#Chris_Crawford
eat shit faggot
>>
>>60513501
All games are turn based, so they're technically all puzzles

Check and mate
>>
>>60513501
huh, I didn't know wikipedia started publishing opinions as biblical facts.
>>
>>60513537
huh, I didn't know I stated biblical facts in >>60513320

maybe you anal faggots would be more happy if i said
"touch controls do not work for games whereas i dont consider puzzles games"
fucking autists
>>
File: RXtnuhE.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RXtnuhE.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
>>60513568
>touch controls do not work for games
Maybe you meant "touch controls are not the best suited for games"? Because clearly a lot of games have touch controls and they do work.
>>
>>60513603
you putting your mouth on my dick also works but id prefer a cute girl
>>
File: 1491128690703.jpg (59KB, 480x570px) Image search: [Google]
1491128690703.jpg
59KB, 480x570px
>>60513692
>>
It's pretty easy: make a small touchscreen controller BELOW the game.
>>
>>60514190
how often have you used the touchscreen on the nintendo ds, not counting the cases were a game forced you to use them
>>
>>60513964
if a cute girl has a dick thats a bonus
>>
Touch left or right to move, tap while holding to jump? Changing direction midair might be a problem, though.
>>
>>60513198
I wouldn't, I would make a turned based RPG or puzzle game instead.
>>
>>60513198
Can applications hijack the volume buttons? That would be a start. But then you have no volume control, which sucks.
>>
File: IMG_0757.jpg (115KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0757.jpg
115KB, 612x612px
Player moves the background not the sprite
>>
>>60513198
Tilt left/right for movement and tap for jump.

I'd never make a mobile platforer in the first place though.
>>
File: captain_comic.png (17KB, 641x400px) Image search: [Google]
captain_comic.png
17KB, 641x400px
>>60513198
Check out Leo's Fortune, my dude
>>
>>60514321

The fuck does that have to do with anything?

The controller would be on the same screen as the game, but would be below the game and seperate from the game. It can be very small as well since most platformers are simple "move left move right jump use ability". It doesn't get in the way of the game, its close to where the thumbs go. It's the best solution.

There can also be a split controller scheme that is on the SIDES of the game window, and can be small enough that it doesn't compromise the game experience.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.