[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>endless talk of genetic evolution of computer programs >no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1451264353269.png (629KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451264353269.png
629KB, 1000x1000px
>endless talk of genetic evolution of computer programs
>no one ever talks about how those genes translate to other data formats
>>
>>60493224
What are you even talking about? Do you want me to do? Program a genetic learning AI and save the text file as an jpg?
>>
>>60493493
I'm talking about how no one explains how a genetic sequence becomes a computer program, in such a way that it can breed with similar genetic sequences to produce a mutation that is less likely to be awful.
>>
>>60493763
Did you skip your physics classes?
>>
>>60493224
Genetic algorithms try to tag results with a number/score i.e. good or bad.

They will evolve with the aim of improving that score, it depends on the context but it'll produce images or whatever format according to the rules you've set; in order to improve that score.
>>
File: Gospers_glider_gun.gif (21KB, 250x180px) Image search: [Google]
Gospers_glider_gun.gif
21KB, 250x180px
>>60493763
Even with a small handful of simple rules, you can wind up with a self-replicating system that grows in complexity. Just look at Conway's Game of Life.
>>
>>60493776
It has literally nothing to do with physics.
It's pure computer science.

>>60493786
I don't think you understand what I'm talking about.
Implementing natural selection is absolutely trivial, but the thing that no one explains about genetic algorithms is how a test is made from a set of genes.
>>
>>60493833
you can easily represent the data as as set of bits, you can easily apply a mutation operation and in that case, your chromosome is that chain of bits:

000011 (mutation)

----------
111000 (splicing)

As long as you can make provide a mutation and a splicing operation, you can mutate anything. Does that help?

I took that class ages ago but it's mostly what I recall
>>
>>60493865
>you can easily represent the data as a set of bits
Yes, but it's not always easy to do it in such a way that with two sets of bits, every bit is analogous to the other bit belonging to the same address; and that's important for crossbreeding.

Although I guess it's only a problem if you have something like, two neural nets with differing numbers of neurons.
>>
>>60493937
That's the catch, you have to be able to logically represent it as something you can mutate.

If you had floats for instance, a mutation might be +- 0.1f instead of plain bitwise operations, as the process of evolution is typically 1.2f -> 1.3f and not 1.2f -> 231421f
>>
>>60493763
do you know what a fitness function is, or any idea of statistics whatsoever?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.