[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: interview questions. For those of you functional neets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

ITT: interview questions.

For those of you functional neets that are trying to land a /g/ related job, what's your

* favorite interview question
* least favorite question
* most common question
>>
>what's your gender and preferred pronouns?
>>
Favorite: "How do you go from a model in ZBrush to a pixel in the finished game?" Plenty of room to show off what you know, easy for the interviewer to ask leading questions to test your knowledge.

Least favorite: "so I'm going to paste this question I found online with an obvious n-squared solution but I'm not going to let you off the hook unless you know the trick that uses hash tables'

Most common: "so... Tell me a little bit about yourself". I always know it's coming but I can never form a spiel that fits the current interviewer.
>>
Favorite: can you start tomorrow?
Least favorite: the former if the interview is held during a Saturday, and any other.
>>
"Why have you been unemployed for so long?"
"Why do you keep mentioning Jews?"
"How's it going?"
>>
File: 1486611092509.png (46KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
1486611092509.png
46KB, 619x453px
>>60491103
>tfw do a handful of interviews
>tfw they go well, I answer all technical questions well etc
>tfw no offers
>>
>>60492956
looks like you fell for the STEM meme
>>
>>60491215
>using hash tables
>"trick"
brainlet
>>
Before I knew how to lie my worst interview moment is not a question but rather when the HR shit is being a contrarian cunt and can't wrap their heads around being able to pick up a new language in an hour. You have to specifically regurgitate exactly what is written on the paper. HR is this stupid, they're brought on to shove other people's blood covered tampons up their ass to calm down some butthurt of people who can't communicate and are always the same clueless fuck. Problem is also that they always have to find some obscure 20 year old shit that nobody ever used. I literally don't know how they even find that shit.
>>
>>60491103
Favorate was "what instrument do you play" for an IT tech support job.

Least fav: where do you see yourself in five years. That always fucks me up.
>>
least: can you tell me about yourself?
>>
>>60491103
>* favorite interview question
Do you want something to drink?

>* least favorite question
Why did you leave your last job after such a short time?

>* most common question
Tell me about yourself.
>>
File: 1487061255034.jpg (33KB, 314x320px) Image search: [Google]
1487061255034.jpg
33KB, 314x320px
>>60491103
>Favorite
anything related to previous projects
>least favorite
being asked to give an answer to anything read off a sheet by an incompetent hr person
>common
why do you want to work here

Seriously though how do I go about getting the sweet comp sci gig? Nepotism is out because none of my family is involved in the programming world, and the job boards seem to be full of shit tier recruiting agencies and companies.

I did two internships and I have done a few interviews already, nothing seems to stick.
>>
>>60491215
"Tell me about yourself" is less about checking boxes and more about demonstrating you have any trace of social skills. You can genuinely just list off your interests or spin it with "what would you like to know" so long as you do it with a smile.
>>
>>60491103
flippin it to questions I ask when I'm gatekeeping like a tie-wearing, nosy ass, Sphinx.

"Are you working on any development projects in your spare time? Tell me about them and why it interests you. "
(ARE YOU PROACTIVE AND PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR CRAFT)

"Tell me a little about yourself"
(FUCK I'M BORED, ENTERTAIN ME WITH YOUR CANNED RESPONSES WHILE I THINK OF ANOTHER QUESTION. BONUS: IF YOU'RE CLEVER HERE, I FEED YOU TO THE SNAKE PIT OF TECHNICAL INTERVIEWERS WHO ACTUALLY JUST GOOGLE ARCANE PROBLEMS)

>* most common question
"Tell me what you think are some important attributes of effective documentation and why"
(ARE YOU CONSIDERATE OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TO WORK WITH YOUR CODE. I ALWAYS ASK THIS)

is this what you were fishing for, OP? good luck, wear an undershirt.
>>
File: 1477245396245.jpg (153KB, 654x867px) Image search: [Google]
1477245396245.jpg
153KB, 654x867px
>>60491103
Loved
>What's something you want to stay the same in your new role? And how about something you don't want carried over from your old one?

Hated
>What animal would you be?

What the fuck?? I told em I wanna be a bear cause you'd hang out in the woods all day and I got hired.
>>
>>60491103
favorite: "design instagram"
least favorite: "what are your values?"
>>

Can you describe your projects?

What do you know about <insert meme platform/framework>?

>* most common question

Why do you want do this kind of work?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.