[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have to study calculus in CS nigga I signed up to write

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: wojak.jpg (137KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
137KB, 764x551px
>have to study calculus in CS

nigga I signed up to write code not be a number cruncher, that's what computers are for anyway
>>
File: 1493703285385.gif (1MB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1493703285385.gif
1MB, 500x364px
>>60489772
Get over it. It's probably babbys first calculus for scrubs anyway.

t. Computer Engineer
>>
>>60489772

>wants to write code
>picks CS

amazon audibleā„¢ kek
>>
Stewart + khanacademy + rudin
Is not that hard m8
>>
If you don't learn Calculus you will write JavaScript + Rails in a horrible web service job. Learn CS so you will find a fun job that you won't hate at your 30s.
>>
>>60491571
Explain how Calculus is necessary for writing a kernel or compiler.
>>
>>60489772
> calculus
> number crunching
please
>>
>>60489772
CS doesn't teach you to write code tho.
>>
>calculus
>so hard that you have to cry about taking it

nigga calc 1 is one of the most fun math classes you'll ever take, it's also stupidly easy

Chain rule, derivatives (power, natural log, trig), and basic integrals === nothing to complain about
>>
>>60489772
i took it as an opportunity to learn TI-BASIC and write functions on my ti-89, which can do algebraic symbol equation solving so when you set up your functions you can just fall asleep in the back of the class while people are trying to handsolve integrals using the retarded du/dy notation
>>
>>60489772
>Doing CS to write code
>Not realizing CS is about THEORY
Why aren't you in Web Development or Game Development or Information Systems or Software Development?
>>
>>60489772
>Calculus
>Hard
>>
>>60491693
CS "theory" is literally the most useless shit on the planet
>>
Calculus and other areas of higher mathematics are not about number crunching, but instead about problem solving. A computer doesn't understand how to figure out higher level problems; it has to be programmed to do so using the primitives that it can understand. It is your job as a programmer to translate a given problem into a sequence of programming primitives so that the computer can solve the problem.

While calculus is not as commonly used as other branches of mathematics (namely linear algebra and probability theory) in computer science, it nonetheless contributes to you having a better understanding of how to problem solve. If nothing else, it's a good way to filter out the morons.

>>60491693

It is not typical for these to be separate programs. Nearly every CS degree incorporates a lot of programming fundamentals.
>>
Do you have to deal with all this math bullshit in networking?
>>
>tfw struggle with basic linear algebra

Should I kms?
>>
>>60489772
quit and swap to software engineering right now
(though that is not really writing code either, only shitty diagrams, but at least it is more about code than CS)
>>
>>60493725
any engineering program worth its weight will require up to calc 3 as well, you'll just have a lot less useless theory classes and more direct application/project design and architecture/project-based classes
>>
>>60489772
>can't crunch numbers
>expects to be able to instruct a computer to crunch numbers correctly
kys
>>
>>60493699
yes.
>>
File: 1470872567061.jpg (448KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470872567061.jpg
448KB, 1280x720px
>>60489772
>had to study calculus in polsci
>had to learn how to """code"" in polsci
>tfw I'm actually glad about it
>>
>forced to take meme theory classes in CS
>they say i'll become a better programmer because of it
CS is a fucking meme
>>
>>60494906
At least calculus makes sense for a social science. Computer scientists do literally nothing with calculus. All the important math is discrete.
>>
>>60494947
Math is just a tool. More intricate tools give you a broader range of action. Plus caulculus isn't even hard, it's literally highschool level.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.