[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Ryzen 1800X destroys i7 7700k too if you are into making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: react4.png (415KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
react4.png
415KB, 800x666px
So Ryzen 1800X destroys i7 7700k too if you are into making music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xama-Np0yKo

Honestly, is there ANY reason to buy Intel unless you want some extra fps for gayming? (who the fuck cares that much about videogames in 2017)
>>
The extra fps you get are in reviews only because they run everything on low settings.

If you crank up to ultra on 1440p the cpus perform identical. So it's a non issue really.

The only reason to get Intel right now is that there are no good am4 itx mobos out except for biostar.
>>
>>60479586
>am4 itx
whats that?

i was buying the Fatal1ty one to have my wmo at 500hz without having to be on test mode (the Fatal1ty mobo has a way to overclock the usb for the mouse without touching windows drivers)

its not compatible with ryzen?
>>
>>60479586
>still bringing up gayming
>>>/v/
>>
>>60479670
you can't read can you
>>
intel sucks
>>
>>60479586
Also they review cpus in completely sterile OS installations, in a real world scenario with a winshit installation fully loaded of useful background tasks and also crapware, a cpu that has doubled multithreading power would perform better even in videogames
>>
I'll never understand why all these children from /v/ use video game benchmarks to choose their CPU, it's only relevant if you have a GPU bottleneck which 99.9% of people don't have
>>
Anyone has further tests like OP? Maybe in Cubase and Protools.
>>
>>60480717
They would give rougly the same results, DAWs are made of many small plugins running together so they benefit from running on something made for parallel workload like ryzen or xeon cpus. I even bet that if the devs in this particular field weren't such lazy thieves and assholes, we could have got gpu accelerated DAWs, not only for the gui part but also for calculating audio
>>
>>60479586
>there are no good am4 itx mobos out except for biostar

Any information about when X300 boards are going to release? I haven't seen anything. Also, is Biostar now better than the Biostar I remember of the mid 2000's?
>>
>>60479564

>Let's compare a 340 USD processor to a 460 USD processor and see what happens.
>Wow, looks like the more expensive one wins!
>Truly a victory for AMD.

I hate Intel as much as the next guy but seriously? Why not compare the 7700k against the 1700? That would be a fair comparison.
>>
How about them IOMMU groupings?
>>
>>60482346
>Let's compare a Broadwell-E competitor at half the price to gaymur CPUs in gayms and see what happens
>Wow, it looks like the one with higher clock rates wins in extremely poorly threaded gaymen
>Truly a victory for Intel
>>
>>60482494
Last I heard AMD was working on it. Don't own ryzen so I don't know if they did or not but its been a few months so I expect the IOMMU problem to be fixed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.