[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Other than the Coil whine meme, why shouldn't I buy the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Other than the Coil whine meme, why shouldn't I buy the XPS 13?

The config I'm likely buying is $1,182.49 after CA sales tax.
>i5 7200U
>8gb RAM
>256gb PCIe SSD
>1080P Matte display
>finger print reader option

Considering a Yoga 910 on clearance for $1,000...$1,100 or so after tax..$80 savings is in no way enough to sway me, but it does have an i7 7500U...that would really make no difference (if power was a concern, I'd just just an XPS 15 and call it a day), so it would come down to how things other than specs, are.
>>
just get a thinkpad nigger
enjoy your coil whine and shite keyboard
>>
>>60475317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDdnKCXGjU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuE3a4AMq5w
>>
>>60475317
Shit build quality.
Biggest regret I have with buying tech was buying one of these.
The hinges suck, start creaking after a month or two and one of my hinges broke after 6 months.
Also the aluminum casing is very easy to dent.
>>
>>60475317
as far as I'm concerned, if it can't run off the battery for a week straight it's worthless

Where' my linux machine that can do ide and editing shit plus web browsing without needing to be plugged in or having to recharge 3 hours in

my fucking phone battery lasts longer than any laptop I've ever had
>>
>$1200 for a dual core
>>
>>60475381
>$1200 for coil whine
>>
>>60475347
thanks for posting useful information to look into unlike every other shitpost.

I'm not concerned about the coil whine because it's a hit or miss, and can be replaced by warranty, but construction is something I'm particular about.

Any experience with the Yoga 910? I honestly just don't like the aesthetics of the hinge, but it's over pleasing to look at, specs are on par for the money, and last I messed with one, it felt pretty solid, but so does the XPS upon first impression.
>>
File: 1403928326223.jpg (39KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
1403928326223.jpg
39KB, 500x442px
Yeah Chinkpads are alright and they get the job done. But shit nigga I got the xps 15 and I love it. I don't know why everyone shits on non-linux, non-thinkpads.

I'm in info-sec for a company in downtown Cincy and almost everyone I know uses Macs or high-end notebooks as their personal laptops. They look nice, professional, and not like an autismo NEET box that you got for dirt cheap reused. Coil-wine sucks but it's not too bad unless it's a super quiet room. Other than that mine has been superb. Including the build, battery, trackpad, and everything else.
>>
>>60475476
No I got the first iteration of this version of the xps 13 like 2 years ago for uni. The only modern laptop I own, no experience with others. But I would give it a pass, the creaking is not uncommon, many people complained about it and the hinge breaking issue would be common as well. The hinges are made out of some shitty soft metal, cant quite remember the name of it right now.
Also as I said, the casing is very easy to dent, makes it look horrendous.
As I said, it might be pretty but the build quality is complete dogshit.
>>
>>60475555
and now I'm remember why I disregarded the Yoga 910. It has USB Type-C, but it doesn't support Thunderbolt 3.

Dealbreaker.
>>
>Other than the Coil whine meme
Anything that costs more than $200 and has coil whine should be thrown in the trash
>>
File: 53434-mangosteen.jpg (868KB, 1900x1339px) Image search: [Google]
53434-mangosteen.jpg
868KB, 1900x1339px
I just bought a 2015 one that had the most expensive features for 500 bucks, excited to get that
I'm upgrading from my 12 year old thinkpad
>>
>>60475637
I learned my lesson, never again buying a fucking laptop if I can make do without one.
All these newer thin as fuck ones gotta compromise on something and hinges seem to be one of those areas.
Unless you really need one and cant make do without I just wouldn't buy one, at least not anything new.
At the very least stay away from anything dell, you will thank your future self.
>>
>>60476001
Is this an anti dell shill? Because the XPS line in recent years has been one of the best, if not the best, line of laptops
>>
>>60475329
suggest something with an actually good screen resolution
>>
all this bitching, but no comparable alternatives suggested.

I'm also looking at the Yoga 720. about the same stuff, and it happens to be almost $300 cheaper. having a seperate type-c port to charge is probably the only feature, flaw. I'm doing some research on its quality control now.

>>60476001
and all those damn new cars with their electronics, huh? Take a step back to think about whether this is a small problem (no product has a 0% failure rate), or widespread? Reading comments from pissed off customers is only going to lead you to believe the negative.
>>
bought me xps 15 wit the gtx 1050 for 1400 canadabux

was worried about qc til it came but it came perf apart from some flickering every once in a while

good buy mate, get the 15" though so u can hit that honey selecto
>>
Got myself a refurbished xps 15. The screen's bezel panel has a dent in the corner but its hardly noticeable. Its quiet and cool all the time. Also got ubuntu on it and had no software/hardware issues.
>>
>>60475317
I was also playing around with the idea to get one, but many people warned me about the poor build quality. You should take a look on Toshiba's new product line
>>
Do whatever the fuck you like. Enjoy paying over $1,000 to run Windows on a laptop. Gullible fuck, oh but its all worth it because the display has small bezels!!
>>
>>60475317
Typing this from an XPS 15 9560
I love the damn thing, there are many with issues but mine came without problems.

You should take a look at the Dell outlet, they usually have decent deals and all the ones I bought from there have been flawless.
>>
Also you can hit me up on email. I could generate a 15% off coupon code for the XPS you want to buy.
>>
I have a xps 15, it's pretty great. I wouldn't get 13 because the screen is too small, and dual core/u CPUs suck. I uninstalled windows and installed gnu+linux and everything works well.
>>
>>60476042
thinkpad + replacement panel
shit its like you really are retarded
>>
>>60475317
I've got one and no coil whine, good build quality, performance, and the screen is great. Got the dev edition and slapped Debian testing on it, zero issues.
I think it was so much memed and shilled on /g/ that it attracts shitposters like indians running to a designated street, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 775x500px
>i5 7500u
>16Gb RAM
>256gb PCIe SSD
>1800p touchscreen
>no fingerprint scan relayer
The Spectre x360 13" is objectively better than the XPS13 in every single aspect besides bezels
>>
>>60475317

Get a carbon X1 if you're going for muh thin.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.