[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://pro.radeon.com/en-us/vega-fr ontier-edition/ >Raj

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: cards.png (670KB, 1000x629px) Image search: [Google]
cards.png
670KB, 1000x629px
http://pro.radeon.com/en-us/vega-frontier-edition/

>Raja Koduri's post: " if gaming is your primary reason for buying a GPU, I’d suggest waiting just a little while longer for the lower-priced, gaming-optimized Radeon RX Vega graphics card. You’ll be glad you did."

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>60466805
Waitfags win again!
>>
>>60466805
Gaymencucks are cucked by Lord Pajeet himself.
>>
Computex is in two weeks I'm assuming they will announce consumer Vega there.
>>
>>60466903
They announced Fiji and Poolaris there so it makes sense.
>>
>>60466805
It's like buying a Xeon for gayming.
>>
Delayed until Q4

Enjoy your 2 8pin 375W HOUSEFIRES
>>
>>60466938
Titan Xp is also 2x8pin. Also the card poojet shown had 6+8 pin for whatever reason.
>>
Really if Nvidia supported Freesync they would be able to wipe AMD GPUs out for good. But I'm guessing they'd rather just make more money off G-Sync now and hop on HDMI adaptive refresh whenever that comes out.
>>
>>60466805
He means that AMD has no ability to compete with Nvidia in the DNN/ML space.
>>
>>60466946
Are you stupid or retarded?

It's not 2 8pins
>>
>>60467129
opencl>cuda
>>
>>60467148
Nah.
>>
Lmao wasnt Vega supposed to be out already
>>
VAIT FOR WEGA SIRS
>>
>>60466805
Fffffgffgfggffffffuack

I wanted to build a new pc in june.
>>
>>60467148
OpenCL's compilation model is pants on head retarded and nobody in the AI space uses it.
>>
>>60467175
AMD never announced a solid release date, so from that point of view, no. Rumors started up a long time ago though, some people were expecting it to launch shortly after Polaris to compete with the Pascal high-end. Now Pascal is basically 1 year old, NVIDIA started showing off Volta and there's still no Vega. They're definitely late.
>>
>>60467355
Any major arch change takes time. Also AMD is (in)famous for horrific launches, so they are trying to prevent it (?).
>>
>>60467078
>hop on HDMI adaptive refresh whenever that comes out
I really hope that's the case since having monitor features exclusive to a graphics card is virulent AIDS, but they're not supporting DP adaptive sync because they don't want to, I don't see why they'd support it on HDMI when it finally catches up.

>>60467393
They need to release their shit on time, the market won't really wait for them and neither will NVIDIA. As a result of AMD "taking time" we've had absolutely 0 competition at the high-end for like a year now, it's quite fucked.
>>
File: 1456706465580.gif (547KB, 284x282px) Image search: [Google]
1456706465580.gif
547KB, 284x282px
I have been sitting on my R9 Fury for ages now, I swear to God if AMD doesn't step up I'm buying a 1080Ti
>>
>>60467543
Buy 1080ti, good goy.
>>
Just you wait.
>>
>>60466805
>Founders edition
>It's ok when Nvidia does it.
>>
>>60467613
This shit isn't a reference gaming card with a fancy name, it's a card meant for the professional market. You know, like Quadro, not GeForce FE.
>>
>>60467569
>good goy

Are you trying to say something?
>>
>>60467639
Yes, good goy, you forgot to buy G-Sync monitor.
>>
>>60467636
>You know, like Quadro, not GeForce FE.
AMD never gimped their cards to begin with.
A Geforce card is pretty much a gimped Quadro with certain features blocked and removed like 10bit color and computation gimped too.

AMD sells you the whole thing with all features unlocked as a gaming card. their professional solutions are only optimized for rack mounting and packed with more VRAM
>>
>>60467710
What about the old FirePros then? Those were professional-oriented and cost way more than any Radeon, also used a different driver and the same hardware IIRC, just like NVIDIA with Quadro. I never looked into these cards in any detail though as I never had need of one.
>>
>>60467672
You are not making any sense.
I don't see how your two laconic posts have anything to do with >>60467543
>>
File: poo.png (312KB, 595x654px) Image search: [Google]
poo.png
312KB, 595x654px
>>60466805
>I’d suggest waiting
>>
>>60467803
bleas sir
we bring soon wega
bleas hab bascience
>>
File: fdgdfgdfgdf.jpg (168KB, 991x875px) Image search: [Google]
fdgdfgdfgdf.jpg
168KB, 991x875px
>>60467779
They have more VRAM, blower fans to function stacked up, lower core clocks for less power consumption and heat and that's about it.

The new blue Radeon Pros also have SATA connectors to slap an SSD on them.

But they have no unique features or anything.
the price tags because the businesses dont really care about the price of equipment.
>>
>>60467882
>the price tags because the businesses dont really care about the price of equipment
So why compare AMD's new Pro card to GeForce FE then? They're nothing alike and don't serve the same market segment in any case, nor will it be in the same price segment.
>>
>>60467939
It's not their new Pro. Their new Pro is SSG one. VEGA FE is something weird. It serves no fucking purpose other than fellating investors.
>>
File: invertedf.png (674KB, 1000x629px) Image search: [Google]
invertedf.png
674KB, 1000x629px
>>60466805
>His GPU isn't gaming-optimized
>Not Wait™ing for Radeon RX Vega Turbo Gaming Optimized Edition

I am literally weeping for this board.
>>
>>60467491
Well HDMI 2.1 was announced in January 2017 and should roll out to OEMs Q2 2017, so hopefully next gen/2018 (GPU, monitors, TVs) all get the spec. HDMI specs are usually all kept unless OEMs wanted to cause compatibility problems. Displayport adaptive sync was an optional feature.
>>
>>60467078
There is nothing stopping nvidia releasing driver updates to support the standard adaptive-sync that AMD calls "freesync".
>>
>>60467992

You need to be restrained from hurting yourself?
>>
>>60467963
Eh, say what you will but it's a pro card as far as I'm concerned when they're bragging with Catia and Solidworks benchmarks and there isn't a single video game in sight. I expect the price to match as well, as you've said the companies using Catia and Solidworks probably don't care too much about the price of equipment.

>>60468025
So adaptive sync in HDMI 2.1 is not optional? That would be nice, but it also seems a bit weird. They're going to force shit like media player boxes to support adaptive sync when there's absolutely no use for it as they just play back video with constant FPS?
>>
>>60467939
That isnt REALLY their new Firepro.
That's an early release they will try and sell to the highest bidder most likely businesses and data guys but also incluuding the PC lunatics who buy Titans, the guys who need it for computation and or rendering.
That's why they have the watercooled version for. the enterprise cant stick them into racks.

It's not a specialized solution, they simply advertise it to the guys who are likely to pay the most.

It's a weird "Founders edition" targeted at professionals simply because the gamers who want to spend a fortune on a GPU can get a better deall with Titan Xp. But in computation and pro rendering this can be a hit right now because pascal based Tesla and Quadro suck and Volta based Tesla isnt ready yet.
>>
>>60468061
They showed Sniper Elite whatever running on VEGA FE. That's why I said it's weird.
>>
>>60468074
Basically, this. It's their Titan (as in original Titan not current gimped abortions).
>>
>>60468074
I guess this is basically the "Pro Duo" kind of pro. That thing wasn't really oriented toward any market in particular either IIRC. But it did have a completely ridiculous price.

>>60468079
They showed it in the past few days when they had their event? I must've missed it.
>>
>>60468138
It's less like Pro Duo and more like original Titan. And yes, poo man demoed SE gameplay in 4k and showed HBCC working in RoTT. HBCC looked impressive.
>>
>>60468061
>So adaptive sync in HDMI 2.1 is not optional?
Doesn't appear to be at least. HDMI never really gave out optional features. Everything gets baked in for muh royalties. But we only know it's a "mode" so not sure what that means.
http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/index.aspx
>>
>>60468138
>That thing wasn't really oriented toward any market in particular either
the videogame developers particualrly.
I'm pretty sure Raja was giting them to the studios like "hello, here this is for you, BTW if you would optimize your games to run on this thing and utilize crossfire that would be so nice."

Also i heard certain guys REALLY loved having two GPUS that they can dedicated to different workloads simultaneously. that's something very very specialized but somebody somewhere does need that.
>>
>>60468158
Yeah I looked it up. It's impressive, sure, but the impressive RoTT test gimped the card to 2GB VRAM, which is woefully inadequate for that game at 4K. It's impressive indeed how effective HBCC was, but this was also an entirely artificial scenario they set up to show it off. What I want to see is if it does anything at all when the card isn't constrained by VRAM capacity (as is the case in practice). I've never had VRAM issues with 8GB at 4K, future cards are going to head in the 16GB direction so I don't see memory capacity becoming an issue within Vega's useful lifetime for games.

>>60468185
I fucking hope it pushes NVIDIA into adopting a standard, it would be very nice to say the least. Maybe if they're pushed into supporting it on HDMI they'll relent on DP as well, no use providing inferior features when they can't lock you into their walled garden anymore, right?

>>60468225
>the videogame developers particualrly.
Good luck, most of them don't seem to give much of a fuck about dual-GPU at all.
>>
This got me thinking though.

What the fuck were they even doing all that time sine 290x release?
290 was a groundbreaking success but then they skipped a whole generation and simply rebranded it.
Then there was Polaris, god know why it even exists if it delayed Vega development.
Were they developing the Vega architecture all that time since 290?
Were they all doing nothing because all the R&D money went to Ryzen alone?
>>
>>60468361
No one gives a fuck about dual GPUs anymore.
>>60468378
You forgot Fiji but it was meh due to TSMC fucking them over with 20nm node.
>>
>>60468361
>don't seem to give much of a fuck about dual-GPU at all.
Nvidia closely cooperates with developers trying to push they gay works. They supply studios with hardware(free titans probably) and send their men to assist the development with implementations of gay works.

Amd has to try and compete in that field sending hardware, giving away GPUs and so on.
>>
>>60468429
They should start by kicking the living shit out of Bethesda's programmers and helping them remake their shitty engine.
>>
>>60468391
>No one gives a fuck about dual GPUs anymore.
NVIDIA and even AMD (surprisingly) are still providing SLI/CF profiles at least. Multi-GPU is also going to be needed for sure to push those 4K 144Hz monitors coming out this year. 4K 60Hz might be doable-ish with a single card now, but that's about it.

>>60468429
I know, but SLI still isn't as well supported as it should be despite NVIDIA doing that.
>>
>>60468378
they didn't want novidya to lose stock prices considering AMD has all the fancy new tech to assblast them with.
the same people own shares in both companies

hence the whole wax and wane of the two.
AMD has best gpu/best price:performance for a few years, then novidya, then amd again etc etc

rinse and repeat you end up with funding for improved pc components, rich share holders, and milked consumers who are bored at home which now have something entertaining to do for a few hours of their boring lives, some of which might even create something spectacular with this fancy new tech.
>>
>>60468465
>They should start by kicking the living shit out of Bethesda's programmers and helping them remake their shitty engine.
Well ID and Arcane studios who made Prey are in the Red team already.
>>
>>60468522
Bethesda in general is in cahoots with AMD. Now AMD has to fix Bethshit shitty engine and I'll be eternally grateful to them.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.