[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ could you help me pick a pc pls? I need a future-proof laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1493838970114.jpg (71KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493838970114.jpg
71KB, 960x960px
/g/ could you help me pick a pc pls?
I need a future-proof laptop that I can comfortably use at home for streaming movies and browsing and watching some animu from my hdd.
The problem is that I can spend like 500 yuros max and don't want to get a memepad that I have to work on myself since I am not very tech-savvy.
>>
>>60462959
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site

Sage
>>
>>60462959
>a future-proof laptop
>>
>>60465713
I just mean something quick for the next years
>>
>>60465713
>tfw anon used future-proof and even added laptop to it unironically
wew lad
>>
>>60462959
>future-proof laptop
There is close to no development in laptops these days, future proof is not a concern.
> I can spend like 500 yuros max
This limits your options a great deal, you have to make up your mind what sacrifices you are okay with.
>don't want to get a memepad that I have to work on myself.
I have a thinkpad myself, I don't spend time repairing it, there is even places that refurbish thinkpads so you can get a cheap thinkpad with a warranty if you want to.

But getting a used laptop or not, here is what I find relevant when I am looking for laptops:
keyboard
fan noise
display
battery life
port placement
While you can study some of these things from afar, I would suggest that you find a way to test them in person.
You can check out a lot of brands in stores, write a busy loop to use a lot of cpu power.
This gives you a free way to check out how the keyboard is to type on and you can hear the fan when it is running.
>>
>>60462959
That bitch has huge tips
Anyways does anyone have any laptop recommendations for $300 or under?
>>
>>60467784
x220 or t420
>>
>>60467701
important to me is:
>good screen (dunno if I need an ips screen for that)
>snappy browsing (I guess lots of ram?)
>reliable/not some shitty manufacturer like acer or hp (I'm probably either getting a (newer) thinkpad or dell)
>fan noise/doesn't get too hot
>if possible not a super shitty keyboard without any travel
>no shiny cheap plastic look and preferably boxy (but not too thicc)
I guess the only thing I can sacrifice is power, I don't play games or render videos or whatever, I just need a quick "facebook machine"
Like I said, I was thinking of getting either a Dell or Thinkpad, maybe t440(s) but they are supposed to be shit

>there is even places that refurbish thinkpads so you can get a cheap thinkpad with a warranty if you want to
didn't think of that, will consider this

thanks for the first helpful answer btw, really appreciate it

>>60467784
>That bitch has huge tips
yeah I think that's the oppai pen chick
>>
>>60465713
12 core ryzen alienware r3
>>
bump
>>60468778
can somebody recommend me something?
>>
>>60462959
I recognize that cockslut.
>>
>>60465713
The "laptop" was a nice touch. First part was funny enough as is. Haha.
>>
>>60468778
If you already know what you need from a laptop
>>60471106
Then why do you need us to find something for you?
Just find a laptop with what you need
>>
>>60462959
>future-proof
You want a mbp. Once the OS starts to get old due to planned obsolescence just wipe the drive and install Debian or something. You'll easily get 10 years out of it
>>
>>60462959
sauce?
>>
>>60462959
Thinkpad m8
>>
>>60462959
Is that the sleep tight pup?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.