[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I self-learned hunt n peck when I was very little like 5 or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: speed.png (340KB, 294x393px) Image search: [Google]
speed.png
340KB, 294x393px
So I self-learned hunt n peck when I was very little like 5 or 6 and by the time i reached the point of school where they were trying to ingrain the idea of home keys and stuff I didn't see the point since I was already touch-typing without them. I'm 20 now and and still, only my index fingers type the letters and it looks very dumb.

How long would it take to get back up to my current speed (pic) if i were to learn how to use six fingers or whatever normal people do? And would it not be a bad idea to start learning dvorak since I'd be rewriting all of my muscle memory anyway? I hear it's better.
>>
>>60461502
Could you film yourself while typing, at that speed it must look pretty ridiculous
>>
>>60461502
Why bother relearning how to type if you're already reaching speeds well above average
>>
File: tinyparagraphs.png (63KB, 776x835px) Image search: [Google]
tinyparagraphs.png
63KB, 776x835px
>>60461630
Well for one because as a self-conscious introvert, if possible, i slide the keyboard into the desk while typing anywhere that there's other people.

And also because I've hit a dexterity wall, this is the absolute fastest I can type even in very short bursts where most people are probably way quicker than their sustained wpm not just ~15 above it. I don't actually know what proper touch-typists feel is the main limiting factor in their ability to type faster but I doubt it's the actual ability of their fingers to get between keys fast enough; It's probably finger independence or accuracy, something that's much easier to hone.
>>
>>60461502
I refuse to believe that you type this fast with two fingers. Webm or didn't happen, we need timestamp and a ticking clock next to you while you type.
>>
>>60461502
Well, your index finger joints will thank you in the long run if you switch. It's pretty hard in your state though.
>>
>>60462334
very old video i was about 14 or 15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hiTbNzzLik
>>
>>60462384
fair enough, very impressive. I can't type this fast with 10 fingers (which is more like 9, I rarely use my right thumb).

I started learning touch typing 1.5 month ago and I'm around 70 wpm sustained. Around 85 wpm is my peak. And I make lots of errors.
>>
>>60462464
Slow down then. Only increase speed if you make no errors. Wpm doesn't mean shit if you have to go back and fix spelling.
>>
I taught myself to hunt n' peck when I started playing WoW as a kid.

Last time I did a type test I got something like 76-ish WPM.
>>
>>60462464
made shopping for mech keyboards a bitch though. A lot of my movements from key to key are basically slides across other keys to minimize finger travel time and with blue/red switches that was typo city. Click Greys have been amazing to me for the last 1.5 years though.
>>
I'm at 85 wpm only index fingers, same story as you... Trying to learn Dvorak has been rough, given up a few times.
>>
>>60461581
yeah that doesn't sound possible

>>60462464
I've been at it for a year and I peak at 110
>>
>>60462384
reminds me of watching the special ed kids in computer class in highschool.
>>
>>60462647
Then you see my dilemma...
>>
>>60462545
I know, I use gtypist to practice, it forces me to retype if I make too many errors.
>>
>>60462580
Isn't Dvorak optimized for traditional touch typing? Switching to Dvorak with a nontraditional typing style seems pointless.
>>
tfw to smart to type normal
>>
>>60462608
Put ur phone in ur mouth and record
>>
>>60461502
home row is a meme

its just a way to teach people how to type because "just type however you want" isn't a good way to teach

all the fast world record typists dont use home row
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-13_11-01-28.png (27KB, 536x141px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-13_11-01-28.png
27KB, 536x141px
>>60461502
good joke lol
I've learned normal typing when I was 14 or so, using typing classes. I am autistic enough to be typing out sentences I read in my mind quite often. Currently 1st master CS, I have never met a single person that types as fast/faster than me, including in my class obviously. I think it is highly unlikely that you'd get 80WPM using hunt-and-peck, let alone 100WPM, not even saying 128WPM.
>>
>>60466404
Oh, and I'd be interested to see your result on this site, just to eliminate variables:
ping-speed-test.aoeu.eu
>>
95-105wpm here. On my left hand I use my index, middle and ring finger and only the middle finger on my right hand.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.