[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it doesn't matter if my 8.1 PC is updated, I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (825KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
825KB, 2448x3264px
So it doesn't matter if my 8.1 PC is updated, I'll still inevitably get hit by Wannacry? I have common sense and all, but I feel like it literally cannot be prevented.
>>
Yep. The only way you can stop it is by not using your computer at all. An alternative would be to move to Australia, but even then it will only delay the inevitable. And their internet sucks.
>>
>>60460999
Trips confirm >>60460999
>>
Just block port 445 retard
>>
Not inevitable.
Look up eternalblue. that was the exploit that was mainly used to spread wannacry.
It automatically infests a local network, however, it needs to get into that network and does so in the traditional ways.

But keep in mind, even though you're safe from wannacry if you're updated (really the MSE17-010 that wannacry exploited) there will always be a next one. You should be preparing for that- keep a backup of your data. Consider a worst case scenario and plan for that.
>>
>>60460978
How about you stop being a dumb fatalist and start looking what wanna cry actually does in order to prevent it from entering your system?
>>
I am fucking scared bros. I don't even dare to google how to protect myself against it because I am afraid they have planted it on sites like that too

What should I update (and where), and what else can I do?
>>
>>60461262
MSE17-010 for wannacry specifically.
For all this shit? Fucking update, dude. Even if you hate it.

For bonus points, reconsider if you actually need windows. You might play games, but do you need windows to post on 4chan? You could dual boot and only boot windows when you're actually playing games.
>>
>>60460978
> I'll still inevitably get hit by Wannacry?
No. But now that this has happened and apparently has been somewhat profitable, it will probably happen again, many times in many incarnations.

You'll possibly get hit by a Wannacry successor.

Oh, and the countermeasure is to have a backup. Best an automatic dump to a NAS or cloud or something that prevents overwriting backups, but two HDD in rotation where one always is offline might also work.
>>
>>60461262
> what else can I do?
Switch to Linux & keep your system updated from official package sources.

Set up a backup that can't be overwritten or deleted directly - but it probably should happen automatically.
>>
>>60461299
Not him but I do both. I browse and play at the same time. Sometimes I watch videos and do all 3 at once.

I'm a very lonely person.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.