[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why everyone is an asshole on StackOverflow? >ask a well-written

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: bbkingwp.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bbkingwp.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
why everyone is an asshole on StackOverflow?
>ask a well-written question, clear and simple.
>someone pops out HURR DURR THIS QUESTION WAS ANSWERED ON 2009 IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CONTEXT LETS DOWNVOTE THIS GUY HAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

is there another website to ask questions about programming without suffering this pretentious people?
>>
File: smugvarg.jpg (14KB, 390x371px) Image search: [Google]
smugvarg.jpg
14KB, 390x371px
>>60460445
>is there another website to ask questions about programming without suffering this pretentious people?
/g/
>>
>>60460445
I'm building one with different rules that don't promote being shitty, but no one will ever use it. I was thinking of scraping SO, but google would penalize me for that (those FUCKS).
>>
Unfortunately a majority of those people looking to answer questions on programming forums are just there to fed their own ego and give themselves a feeling of superiority
>>
File: aliens_wont_visit.jpg (75KB, 679x720px) Image search: [Google]
aliens_wont_visit.jpg
75KB, 679x720px
>>60460445

It sure as fuck ain't /g/
>>
What's worse is the guys who come on and imagine the worst use case for what your trying to do and then try and lecture you about why you shouldn't do something even though that's not even what you were trying to do.
>>
>>60460445
I hate stackoverflow too. I'm using C++ and never got a question properly answered, only pretentious faggots berating me for using their language without 10 years of expertise.
>>
>>60460445
Has anybody ever visited StackOverflow to find a question which has not been closed to due to some violation of guidelines?
>>
The best ones are when you are asking how to do X in library Y and some asshole responds how you should use some completely different library Z instead.
>>
>>60460767
Also when you mention in the question that you read the documentation but you didnt understand a specific point and in the answer they tell you to read the documentation.
>>
>>60460468
That's a good one
When /g/ pepe /r9k/ memers keep their Intel vs AMD threads far away, only then will I even consider this valid
>>
>>60460468
>/g/

>NO HOMEWORK QUESTIONS HERE, ANON XD
>>
>>60460639
>Using C++
That's your fucking problem.
>>
I've locked this thread based on the fact that the same thread was made 5 years ago as seen here >>35850043
>>
>>60460445
>be literal retard
>ask stupid question posted a gorillean times before
>it is blatantly obvious that you didn't even bother to search first
>expect everyone to cater you
>expect to be spoonfed an answer
>get upset when referred to older answers

OP is a faggot as usual.
>>
File: 1494770681249.png (454KB, 414x499px) Image search: [Google]
1494770681249.png
454KB, 414x499px
>>60461024
/thread
>>
>>60460680
lol, 95% of my searches end up on closed questions with hundreds of votes
>>
>>60460951
no one will do your homework for you but they'll try to help you make it yourself
>>
File: wisdom_of_the_ancients.png (27KB, 485x270px) Image search: [Google]
wisdom_of_the_ancients.png
27KB, 485x270px
>>60461024
pic related
>>
You're not supposed to actually ask questions on stackoverflow, you're supposed to search through the questions already asked to find something that works for you.
>>
>>60460680
holy shit yes
>le this is off topic
no it was not
>>
>>60460445
kys cuck
>>
>>60460979
Underrated post
>>
quora is supposed to be less shit
>>
>>60460979
Apex kek.
>>
>>60461381
It's even worse when the OP replies "nvm fixed it myself" without posting the answer
>>
File: 1487820857924.jpg (29KB, 457x381px) Image search: [Google]
1487820857924.jpg
29KB, 457x381px
>simple c++ related question
>highest voted answer is unreadable but GENERIC mess combining five different libraries from the stl, uses template magic, exceptions and is forced into a class structure with all the boilerplate that comes with it
>>
>>60460445
StackExchange will probably spoil your mood if you are occasional visitor. Other than that the community is exceptional and enlightened.

Retarded downvotes happened to me but the overall impression is very positive.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.