[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>making torrents illegal doesn't wo- https://torren

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: CqP15jsUAAA2zlX.jpg small.jpg (63KB, 680x627px) Image search: [Google]
CqP15jsUAAA2zlX.jpg small.jpg
63KB, 680x627px
>making torrents illegal doesn't wo-

https://torrentfreak.com/extratorrent-shuts-down-for-good-170517/
>>
>>60458314
>F
too soon
>>
Good riddance

Time to start paying for shit like the poor faggots you are
>>
Will torrents even be a thing within the next few years?
>>
>>60458419
Please never procreate and travel beyond the United States.

Thanks.
>>
Piracy will always find a way. That all said, ThePirateBay has managed to stand the test of time.
>>
>>60458508

why the swedish government doesn't just seize the .se TLD domain is beyond me

fucking pussies
>>
never heard of that one
>>
i hope i2p gets a good tracker one day
>>
>>60458604
couldn't one simply host a torrent site on i2p or tor and make the actual torrents clearnet?

so authorities wouldnt be able to go after the site itself and people could still pirate shit
>>
>>60458314
You can't make a protocol illegal, that's not how networks work.
>>
File: 1280.jpg (28KB, 587x541px) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
28KB, 587x541px
>>60458535
>TLD domain
>>
>>60458666
Satan knows what's up.
>>
>>60458666
The word torrent has multiple meanings and you picked the one that doesn't make sense. Congrats. Dumbass.
>>
File: pZiAWc9.jpg (22KB, 577x382px) Image search: [Google]
pZiAWc9.jpg
22KB, 577x382px
>>60458604

>try to install i2p a few months ago becasue an alternative to Tor is always nice
>more extensive installation procedure than Gentoo
>>
>torrent plebs cry as they lose another tracker
makes me lol out loud, usenet master race wins again
>>
>>60458703
bittorrent is a protocol. What are you even doing here, you stupid shit?
>>
>>60458770
The word torrent is used to refer to the protocol, as well as files containing hashes themselves. Just because it makes you upset does not make it false.
>>
>>60458651
yeah but that already happens with the piratebays browser thingo
>>
>>60458788
>as well as files containing hashes themselves
They're only torrents in the context of being transferred via bittorrent, dumbass. Otherwise they're just files. It's like you know you're embarrassing yourself but you keep going.
>>
>>60458816
No matter how many times you call me dumb, you will not be able to deny reality. Torrent files are almost exclusively are delivered through HTTP, not via the specialized bittorent protocol.
>>
>>60458314
a new one will take its place
>>
>>60458816
>>60458846
o boy a real live Internet fite :]
>>
>>60458846
>not via the specialized bittorent protocol.
what is magnet
>>
>>60458886
I did say
>almost exclusively

Plus you could very well argue that you simply deliver a blob of data via magnet, it never finds itself as a file in the file system.
>>
File: gnunet-gtk-0-10.png (71KB, 1066x606px) Image search: [Google]
gnunet-gtk-0-10.png
71KB, 1066x606px
what's going on in this thre...
>>
>>60458909
TPB was the biggest, tracker out there, they moved from .torrents years ago, people still uses it even after the FBI raid
i'm not sure if people
>almost exclusively
use .torrents
>>
>>60458944
My opinion is different, but, fine, be it your way, even then the original statement

>They're only torrents in the context of being transferred via bittorrent

still makes 0 sense.
>>
>>60458959
that's not me, and yeah, that anon confused .torrent files with the files being torrented they selves
>>
I use rutracker, how safe is that from shutting down?

The Russian government doesn't give a shit if western media gets pirated right?
>>
>>60459011
russia gov just prohibited rutracker (and other things) and any way to reach it be proxy, vpn, tor
so i don't know how it will affect rutracker
>>
File: Oh_Look_This_Again.jpg (50KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_Look_This_Again.jpg
50KB, 750x563px
>>60458314
Unauthorized copying is not illegal. You go to civil court and get sued by """Them""" not criminal court. Please cease making these bait threads or the new Cancer will actually believe these lies.
>>60458703
Leave and don't come back
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.