[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My sisters work company had Raspberry PI 3's on sale >she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (7KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 200x252px
My sisters work company had Raspberry PI 3's on sale
>she asked me if I was interested, immediately said yes
So, its on the way, what cool things or ideas can I implement with/on it? Literate techfag here.
>>
I used mine for a retropie box, I also installed Kodi with the Plex addon within retropie.
This is only a secondary box though, I use my nvidia shield TV as my main media box.

You can also use it as a torrenting box or an adblocker but it's a little overkill for those tasks.
I have a pi zero W for that.

People will say there are limitless "projects" to do with a PI but in reality 99% of people either use them for video game emulation, Kodi or a shitty NAS.
>>
>>60457598
>Literate techfag
>posting this thread at all
sorry son, gotta stop calling yourself stuff you aren't
>>
>>60457598
Floppy drive controller using the gpio
>>
Use it to control a sound system that can be used as a vibrator from miles away.
More booga for your ooga
>>
Garden/terrarium in a jar completely controlled by phone.
>>
Shove it up your ass
>>
>>60457980
Hehe
made me chuckle
>>
I'm taking a rasbpi class this semester. The teacher basically said at the end we have to deliver an "innovative" and "marketable" project using the fucking thing. Plagiarizing is not allowed and any "stolen" idea will be an automatic failure for the entire course.
I'm thinking just not attending and hopping to enroll with a better teacher next semester. What the fuck can i do with this thing that hasn't been done before or at least can't b found with a Google search? it also has to be marketable to outside investors.
Like nigger what the fuck
>>
make bots/website/idk and use it as a server
>>
>>60458060
Like OP, someone with something that lets them do anything, with zero creativity whatsoever. Stop buying fucking Pi's.
>>
>>60458060
Make it into a remote detonator triggered via tor hidden service.
You can market it to ISIS.
>>
>>60458132
I agree, when it come to a pi you do one of two things with it. You use it as for a specific purpose, ie kodi, or you tinker with.
>>
The pi3 makes a good tor proxy
>>
>>60457598
It's a general purpose computer, so pretty much anything. The pinouts make it easy to control physical stuff. Get a breadboard and some components and make something cool.
>>
>>60458060
is this some private course? no way that would fly in uni, at least not in europe
>>
>>60457598
server/always on desktop
just flip the power on monitor & it's there
>>
>>60458060
>The teacher basically said at the end we have to deliver an "innovative" and "marketable" project using the fucking thing. Plagiarizing is not allowed and any "stolen" idea will be an automatic failure for the entire course.
That sounds terrible.

Sure I am all for preventing copying of code but it sounds like basically any project idea that has been thought of already will fail you, even if you decided to implement it in a different, or more "innovative" way.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to harvest ideas to sell themselves.
>>
>>60457598
I use it as a "filter machine" for compromised USB flash drives.

Any USB flash drive that's inserted is auto mounted, and I'm having python continuously running simple HTTP server.
And since I gave it static IP, all I had to do was modify the host files to direct to it when typing localusb
>>
>>60459826
This is a fairly good idea actually.
Get the cheapest board with a single full side USB port and just use it to check any free USB sticks you get given or find for malware.
>>
Is RPi3 usable as a simple desktop computer? Lets assume it will be used only for browsing and there will be no more demanding programs than a browser installed.
>>
>>60460691
Yes.
>>
>>60459582
I can see it fly easily in private colleges, I have something similar right now
>>
>>60458060
Take anything that's measured nowdays manually, i.e: something you have to check with your senses.

Take/make a measuring device for that, attach to raspi GPIO, filter the data, and present it on a http server.

Ideas: aim raspi camera at sky, calculate amount of sunlight / clouds. Attach ir led&diode, measure anything that's revolving or moving, like wheels, lock latches, movement of people trough door etc. Stick a viscosity probe to a sewer to determine the amount of solid/liquid waste running trough it.

Your teacher doesn't expect you to come up with the next nokia, just something that might sprout further innovation
>>
>>60460691
ive been using this since october

>inb4 poo in the loo
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.