[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any freelance work site that doesn't make it impossibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1469494575105.jpg (195KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1469494575105.jpg
195KB, 500x650px
Is there any freelance work site that doesn't make it impossibly hard to get a job if you've never had one before?
Like, I just checked out Upwork, and only after I created an account did it let me see that it charged me to make job proposals and every job posting expected you to have done work on the site before, even "entry level" jobs.
>>
just enjoy the NEET life dude
>>
no but don't worry, soon we will laugh at pajeets as A.I take their job prospects and they'll be poor in india while we're poor in the first world
>>
>>60454592
Every job nowadays wants previous work experience. It's a shitty paradox for someone who has never had a job before and is > 18
>>
Join Fiverr and ill give you a $AU50 job to make a single paperjs webpage, you cant be any worse than the pajeets ive had to interact with so far
>>
>>60454752
>$AU50
just say $5 USD why overcomplicate things
>>
>>60454752
$50 does not justify a job which requires knowledge almost no one already has and will probably take a while because if you're using PaperJS you're expecting something pretty fancy.

Seriously, if you're actually wanting the attention of anyone but useless pajeets, you'll need to offer more than spare change.
>>
>>60454811
That's what I have stuck in there, it's like $35
>>
>>60454883
Yes but it is steeply discounted because they have literally 0 rep
>>
>>60454714
It's easy to get a job as a fresh grad
>>
>>60455230
That's cause employers know that you've been working without having a job for the past 4 years, if someone who is 22 and a fresh grad, and someone who is 30 but has the same degree with no work experience, they'll presume the 30 year old to be a lazy NEET who slacks off.
>>
>>60454592
Upwork is disgusting and charges way too much for the privilege of doing nothing of value. Not to mention they require you to install literal spyware to get paid. Stay away.
>>
There's also some stupid ones asking for someone with years of experience a degree and under 25 so I just don't pay much attention to it and apply to anything I feel I can talk my way in during the interview.
>>
Why don't any governments do anything about the fact that every employer has obscene expectations and it requires countless applications to get into any job?

Seriously, the amount of work that is spent trying to get employed should be a speck in comparison to the amount of work that is actually done while employed, but for a lot of people, the amount of work-to-get-work is significant in comparison to the amount of actual work they do.

At this rate, eventually most work that people do will be related to trying to get work.
Tertiary education counts as work-to-get-work, because unless you're super lucky, whoever's teaching you will be worse in every way than your preferred search engine and the only thing that's actually useful is the degree you get at the end of it.
>>
>>60457382
Dude... Lol .gov is the most egregious offender when it comes to pointless credentialism and fostering environments where the appearance of work is always and forever higher priority than actual work.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.