[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to connect two computers and have them both run

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1494562726596.png (4KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
1494562726596.png
4KB, 224x217px
Is there a way to connect two computers and have them both run as one?

>like a super computer not a network
>with some type of software that is easy to install and understand

??
>>
>>60453955
just rip out the guts of both, buy a mobo that supports 2 CPU's and rebuild your shit
>>
>>60453955
what you are trying to search is distributed systems.
>>
>>60453965
I thought it was Clustering

Windows 2012 R2, is what would be needed to create a combination set up in windows?
>>
>>60454154
>distributed systems

How do you do this? Explain this to me I don't know.
>>
>>60453955
You need to get two computers. They both have to have usb 3.0.
Once you have those, you plug the usb 3.0 cable into each of the computers.
Once you've done that, you have to synchronize the bios.
And, after you've done that, you'll have combined the two computers as one. Remember, once you've done this, if you turn one computer off you will automatically turn the other off.
>>
File: a.jpg (236KB, 1321x881px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
236KB, 1321x881px
>>60453955
>like a super computer
>not a network
you might want to have a closer look into supercomputers
>>
there's nothing magic about supercomputers/clusters
they're seperate computers, controlled my a master computer, which just manages what jobs are being run where
the key is the software, and the type of jobs being run
namely, the work needs to be able to be split into self-contained jobs, like if you need to encode 500 videos, you could split that across 500 nodes and have each one encode 1 video each
but you can't just throw say, a video game onto a supercomputer and expect 500x more FPS
>>
>>60455650

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beowulf_cluster
>>
>>60453955
You are doing your part in destroying google.
>>
>>60453955
just use Mesos, run master on one and slaves on both of them
>>
File: 023.jpg (88KB, 474x482px) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
88KB, 474x482px
>>60453955
Yes.
>>
You need to specify a use case. There are numerous ways you could have multiple systems working in parallel on computational problems. Heck, if you're smart enough (which I know OP is not), you could invent a way to link together computational power in a new way that may become useful to the computing community.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.