[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do make AntergOS look better? Is it worth installing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

How do make AntergOS look better? Is it worth installing? why or why not?
>>
install gentoo
>>
just read the installation guide and install Arch

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide

it isn't hard
>>
>>60441831
It isn't hard, it's just unnecassary
>>
Select Base as DE on Installation

Install i3

Welcome to the Ricefields Motherfucker
>>
I think so, it's Arch without the autism. If you use the MATE desktop option during installation, you get a fast, stable and full featured DE that works perfectly fine out of the box (except for the fact you gotta install compton so you don't have to deal with all the screen tearing). Gnome is good too but you gotta do more work to make it look good.
>>
What's the difference between Arch and Antergos? I.e. why would you use Antergos if you want to use Arch? I can kind of understand why some use Manjaro.
>>
>>60441831
Arch is for retards who can't install Gentoo and invent facile excuses about the compile time.
>>
>>60442889
Easier to set up and it's already preconfigured. Like why would I waste time and effort configuring shit when I could just have every configured after install?
>>
File: apricityos.jpg (69KB, 731x600px) Image search: [Google]
apricityos.jpg
69KB, 731x600px
Reminded of other Arch-based distros, just looked up Apricity OS, and they've already packed it in. Hahah.

Didn't they release an alpha version in the summer of 2015 or something? And it was in alpha for a long time. Then I looked at it at some point last year and saw they were, for some unknown reason, trying to add more desktop environments like Cinnamon. It just made me shake my head considering how slowly they were developing their original macfag-friendly concept. So I can't say I'm surprised they quit. They put most of their effort into superficial things and then decided it was a good idea to divide even that time and effort between a larger number of superficial things.

ApricityOS was basically New Year's Promise the distro. Never had a chance of lasting.
>>
>>60442923

this

/thread

if you have time to spare and want to learn, install Arch from scratch but if you already did that and dont want to hassle anymore just go for antergos, you will be doing the same shit anyway
>>
>>60441798
what DE is this?
>>
>>60443255
Architect exists too for the purpose of installing Arch more conveniently.
>>
>>60443284
GNOME
>>
>>60443284
AIDS
>>
>>60443500
it was discontinued quite some time ago, anon
>>
Install Arch Linux
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.