[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Web more Primary (no subject) R Robby Burke to me 1 minute agoDetails

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: ryzen-7-pib-left-facing-200h.png (52KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
ryzen-7-pib-left-facing-200h.png
52KB, 250x200px
Web
more
Primary
(no subject)
R
Robby Burke
to me
1 minute agoDetails
Hey /g/

So I've recently been doing some research on building a full tower gaming PC, now I'm not necessarily asking to be spoon fed information on what to and not to get, and am not done finalizing my list of parts, but I've recently decided to go with a Ryzen 1800x CPU, and after doing a little research it seems like it is not worth the price, when a 1700x does just as good a job. I'm also really attracted to the I7 Cores that intel is churning out, but I'm worried it may not handle EVERYTHING I wanna do with this build

This is my list so far

>GTX 1080 Ti
>AMD Ryzen 7 1800x, but now leaning on a 1700x or one of intel's I7 cores
>Asus Crosshair VI hero
>Corsair H110i ( I now do not want a water cooled cooler for irrelevant reasons)
>32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz (will probably go 4 8 gig cards)
>Samsung 960 Evo 1TB ( Might get the SATA 850)
>3 TB Hardrive

It'll probably be another 2 months or so before the computer is 100% ready to play on, but I would really appreciate how good I'm doing so far, since I've been out of the loop for 8+ years

I'm mainly aiming for hardcore simulators to run on this thing, DCS World, IL-2 Sturmoviks (various ones), War Game, and CMANO off the top of my head

would this build be sufficient for what I wanna do, and if this breaks board rules, can someone point me in the right direction?
Really appreciate it!
>>
>>60437913
Do you even have a 4k display?
>>
>>60437913
You should look up how those games perform on Ryzen first. It may end up you're better off with an i7-7700K, or a 1600X (6 cores).
>>
>>60437941
No not yet, I'm not worried about monitors, speakers, new joysticks ect.. Until after the actual computer is 100% built, but am aiming for a 4K monitor set up (now a single or a dual setupis another topic)
>>60437973
Yeah I should of thought of that, I did very shallow research and remember somewhere saying the Reyzn is better suited for Sims, or something along those lines
>>
>>60438021
It really depends on how well optimized the game is at using multiple cores/threads.
>>
>>60438052
I dont have the slightest clue on how to interpret that information or even where to start doing research. I'm a straight up rookie with PC building / terminology
>>
>>60437913
Ayy
>>
Unless you are getting a 7700K and OC'ing it to 4.9+ghz theres no reason to get intel over Zen now.

The Zen chip does 4K 60fps with a 1080ti and even if an 8 core intel was faster its gaming performance you wont be able to use.

furthermore intel is notorious for fucking with sockets forcing you to buy new motherboards. You buy an AM4 socket board now and its good for every zen chip until 2020. I reccomend buying a 6-core instead then upgrading to 8-core zen+ next gen. Your 1080ti doesnt need more than that to feed it.

Most of what you see on tech channles is complete and utter bullshit so ignore it. Also i reccomend 3200-3600mhz DDR4 kits that are certified for AMD ryzen (will tell you in info on store pages). either two 4gb sticks or two 16gb sticks you dont need more than 16gb going higher is wasting money.

Dont bother with 8 cores or more than 16gb of RAM unless you need it for a professional suite. If this is just a gaming machine then thats a waste of money and you will still be able to do those things on this system it will just take a few more minutes to process/render stuff thats all.

dont blow your money on a 960pro the performance difference between pro and evo is non-existent in game loading times. By a 1tb evo and save your money.

If you are savng important data then i recommend two Hard drives in Security RAID configuration.
>>
>>60438149
You that by searching for (Ryzen) benchmarks in the specific games you are playing
>>
alright guys. I have my build all sorted. except for one thing.
The case.
NZXT S340 (Black/red)
or
Phanteks Eclipse P400S (black, windowed)

Leaning towards the S340.
Thoughts?
>>
>>60437913
FYI nvidia drivers gimp AMD's cpu performance in videogames on purpose
>>
>>60438149
CPU's have brains that do the think

Intel mainstream CPU's have 4 brains that think reel fast but overheat lots
AMD has 8 brains that think nearly intel fast but don't heat up much

some gaymes need many brains at once to figure out
some gaymes need super fast think to figure out

gaymes that require fast think give edge to intel
gaymes that require many think give edge to amd
>>
>>60442128
>AMD has 8 brains that think nearly intel fast but don't heat up much
Should note that "think nearly intel fast" is per individual brain. The 8 brains as a whole think much faster than the 4 brains as a whole.
>>
>>60438021
Then wait for Vega as 4k free-sync is half the price of 4K G-sync
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.