[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why have they become the least exciting, most boring company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: fapple.jpg (31KB, 830x962px) Image search: [Google]
fapple.jpg
31KB, 830x962px
why have they become the least exciting, most boring company out there?
>>
Tim Cuck
>>
>>60435933
they were too busy with their new campus. now that is done, prepare for new innovation.
>>
steve jobs died. they decided to stop at least attempting to change something and now they just survive on the iPhone and evolve their designs a bit. Really it became stagnant after iPhone, in 2005 or so. maybe even after iPod
>>
They ran out of ideas because the lead idea guy died.
>>
>>60435982
iphone came out in 2007
>>
>>60435971
that sounds like a certain "big-club" soccer club who parroted the "we were busy building our new stadium! now we can spend again and become great!" line

spoiler: they stayed mediocre until this day
>>
>>60436022
started developing in 2005, they didnt even make significant updates to osx for like 5 years
>>
>>60435939
fpbp
>>
File: 1483989219742.jpg (155KB, 1000x615px) Image search: [Google]
1483989219742.jpg
155KB, 1000x615px
>>60436000
checked
>>
>>60436044
But they did change how most people use the Internet. So that was revolutionary up until 2011
>>
>>60436000
I'll make the logo!
>>
>>60436272
>t. iToddler

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/10-things-that-absolutely-suck-about-the-iphone-yes-i-have-one.322382/
>>
>>60436272
it havent changed it at all? one of the main points of the iphone is that it had a normal, desktop browser
>>
>>60436324
Doesn't matter, half of page visits on the Internet are now down by a mobile device thanks to Apple. That doesn't count dedicated apps like Facebook, Instagram, Clover, etc
>>
>>60436365
normies didn't have the will to spend hours browsing the internet while sitting down in their houses. In those days, they looked you down because you spent all the time in internet.

After the iPhone, they discovered that they could use the internet everywhere, fitting their inane lifestyles. Now they look you down because you don't spend all of your time using your smartphone
>>
>>60435933
Even their logo is bland af
>>
I've been using basically OS X since openstep. A bit before Apple bought next. I like developing on unix and deploying on earlier Solaris and now Linux

Apple has nothing for me now. I'm up for a new MacBook Pro in about two years. I update around every five years. If Apple came out with a pro laptop with MagSafe and multiple ports like old-USB, new-USB, I'd stick with them.

If they can't get things going again in two years I'm moving on to a ubuntu laptop. Apple needs to focus on hardware and not stupid shit like they have been.
>>
>>60436438
It was not like that. Were you even of age back in 2008-10?
>>
>>60436224
Lol. No one uses surface pro. Not even sticking up for Apple here...
>>
>>60436027
any stadium thats decently maintained is good enough. a better workplace can result in better productivity.
>>
>>60436487
yeah I was. Truth is that normies hated (and still hate) using desktop OSes (aka Windows). They would fuck up their OS everytime with viruses, malware and 1000 toolbars on IE. Facebook and other social media sites weren't yet at its peak, and youtube still loaded slow. So they used their computers for work/study related stuff only

With the iPhone it came easiness of use, streamlining and little to no chance of fucking up. And thus normies invaded the internet.
>>
>>60435933
Up to OSX Leopard they were innovating, since then they are just meming and consolidating their financial gains.

IOS making 90% of their profits isn't helping the mac/osx
>>
>>60436547
While they did hate it, iPhone was too unusable and too slow at the time. remember EDGE? It all happened sometime around 2011 or so. Social media was peaking though by then
>>
Yep, the iphone didn't really take off until the iphone 4. The 960x640 display made it so much more bearable to browse desktop sites.
Funny enough, now that we have 2560x1440 displays on phones, we've gone back to browsing WAP-like sites on our phones.
>>
>>60436376
>Doesn't matter, half of page visits on the Internet are now down by a mobile device thanks to Apple.
incoherent english. Are you saying that apps are a better way of using the internet? I get fucking pissed to be bugged and have to download an app instead of just browsing.
>>
>>60439005
You can blame Google for that. They are the ones that made the frameworks and shit to easily port your site into an app in a pathetic attempt to bump up their Play Store App count.

Apple wanted people to have the desktop experience on your phone, meanwhile Google penalizes sites that don't have a mobile friendly version.
>>
>>60436376
>Clover
Yet Applefags will never have a 4chan app.
>>
>>60439084
>his phone's browser is so shitty that he needs an individual app to browse a site.
Use Adaway and Chrome, you fucking retard.
>>
>>60435982
/thread
Without Jobs, Apple is nothing.
>>
>>60439084
They have had apps for years, it's also been years since I've used a 4chan app on iOS but it was better then than Clover is now. Also
>needing an app to browse a website
>>
>>60435933

Tim Cook unironically
>>
>>60435933
Getting in bed with IBM wasn't exactly the best sign.
>>
>>60439118
>AdAway
but on iOS?
>>60439142
I can hardly call it an app, we've had Fortune and some other clone of it that's shitty as fuck and still has no webm support.
>>needing an app to browse a website
an Imageboard like this one IMO is uncomfortable to use in the browser. I need Clover because I enjoy lurking arguments without having to lose the entire thread afterwards
>>
their obsession with tiny logic boards. how can you innovate when your products are limited to the same boards that go into a iphone? no one was buying a trash can mac pro, they thought they could reinvent the computer
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.